More information about upcoming server(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NINJAFoxHound, Feb 22, 2016.

1. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Hello all,

This message is addressed towards the GM/Community manager at RedFox. We are now 1 day and a half before the opening of the first server, but we are still lacking some informations here.

I invite all of our community players to ask questions about the server (NOT suggestions, fixes, or stuff you would like). Simply questions answerable with a yes or a no (so this thread can keep some consistency), such as :
    • Considering you said it will likely be the same as GamesCampus servers, will Bellatos riders be able to gain XP while in MAUs ?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : MAU riders will be getting Exp, but at a reduced rate, when leveling in their MAU.
    • At one point the MAU repair costs were reduced, will the MAU repair costs be "at normal rate" or reduced too ? (I don't want to discuss about it here, just want the information)
    • Will the second server opening in March have the same properties (rates) ?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : The new server will most likely have the same rates as the current ones, but this may change, depending on how our launch goes.
    • Will there be items removed from cash shop (answer for both servers needed) ?
    • @AyyLMAO : Will there be a Premium Service?
    • @Dan : Are the latest DAUM balance patches being applied to RedFox' RF Online on launch (or later, or not at all)?
      To be more specific: Are we getting...
      - the working Animus xp bonus DAUM applied with a balance patch?
      - the 5% extra force attack upon equipping a full set of force armor?
      - the reduced duration and cooldown for the Accretian Punisher nets?
      - the reduced cooldown of Chain Rocket/Mighty Blast Siege or whatever it is called in the current version?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : The Daum Patch is something I am unfamiliar with, but I will ask about it. Since we are focusing mainly on transferring accounts without any issues, it is likely this content was not added to make the transition easier.
    • @Dan : the defense and HP changes to MAUs?
    • @Dan : the changes to MAU debuffs (slow debuff until level 45, net debuff on higher levels)?
    • @hellprowler : Given that 9dragons has no cash shop at the moment, will service even launch with a cash shop? If so will we get a price list before launch?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : Unfortunately, we do not have a complete cash shop item list available. However, the cash shop does have an old look that should be familiar to players who played RF Online in the past.
    • @hellprowler : What will the CW times be?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : Chip War times will be unchanged at launch. I'm not even sure it is possible to move the times, but we'll see how things go.
    • @GoDSpeLL : Will hecate stun-rate be the same as on GC (nerfed) ?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : To my knowledge, there were no changes made to MAU or ANIMUS from Games Campus. We have gotten several tickets about them though, so they will definitely be reviewed at a later time.
    • @Demented : Are GvGs going to remain unchanged?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : Thanks for your feedback about GvG. Since we have no logs at all, it is hard for us to see how or why GvG was abused in the past. At launch, GvG should be unchanged, but we will look into this issue again before the new server opens.
    • @MAKINA : Does anyone in the staff has actual experience with RF Online?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : I'm not sure how to answer this, but your concerns are valid. I guess we'll just have to see how things go at launch.
    • @Meow126 : What about payment methods ?
      Answer from [GM]Lupinsan : Right now, we will only have a few payment options, but in the future, we may expand this selection.
    • @Escotb024 : Will redfox try to launch the game on steam too?
    I know those are Bellato-related questions (sorry I don't know what to ask about other races :p ), but feel free to ask stuff about your own race. I honestly think we need more informations about all this. Remember, please keep it simple so it's easier for GM to get us an answer.

Remember guys : before posting any question, you might find your answers here :

@[GM]Lupinsan : I sincerely hope you can manage to get us more informations.

Regards,

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Escotb024, AyyLMAO, GoDSpeLL and 3 others like this.
  2. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

Will there be a Premium Service?

3. Dan

Dan Active Member

• Are the latest DAUM balance patches being applied to RedFox' RF Online on launch (or later, or not at all)?
    To be more specific: Are we getting...
    • ...the working Animus xp bonus DAUM applied with a balance patch?
    • ...the 5% extra force attack upon equipping a full set of force armor?
    • ...the reduced duration and cooldown for the Accretian Punisher nets?
    • ...the reduced cooldown of Chain Rocket/Mighty Blast Siege or whatever it is called in the current version?
    • ...the defense and HP changes to MAUs?
    • ...the changes to MAU debuffs (slow debuff until level 45, net debuff on higher levels)?

Darkon001, NINJAFoxHound and GoDSpeLL like this.
  4. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Given that 9dragons has no cash shop at the moment, will service even launch with a cash shop? If so will we get a price list before launch?

What will the CW times be?

5. NINJAFoxHound

Very good question, I'm interested in this too.

6. ImaDoki

ImaDoki Member

Dan, is there a English source for those balances? I'm curious to those changes.

7. GoDSpeLL

GoDSpeLL Active Member

and what about the hecate? will it be a pvp-animus again after got nerfed on GC?
    hecate without its stun-ability is just weakening coras special class.

ImaDoki likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan Active Member

9. Bacon

Bacon Active Member

I just hope that their staffs have a very wide knowledge about RF. Even on Dan's thread about the imbalances or broken features of cora, there were no GM/admin/forum staff that showed up :(

10. Dan

Dan Active Member

Pushing this thread to keep it on top of all those unnecessary suggestion threads. :p
    We need a GM reply here, [GM]Lupinsan.

11. NINJAFoxHound

Sadly you cannot tag them, I tried too haha

12. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Are GvGs going to remain unchanged? If so players will farm them for both CP for ranking, and use them to continue duping gold. Which heavily effects the new server, and causes more work for the GM staff (haha)

13. NINJAFoxHound

I will keep editing the first post so the questions stay on top. This thread needs answers.

14. NINJAFoxHound

New information :

15. [GM]Lupinsan

[GM]Lupinsan RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello!

Sorry I am late to this party, but there are a lot of good questions here. Since we are waiting on the transfer, I'll try to answer some of these questions.

- MAU riders will be getting Exp, but at a reduced rate, when leveling in their MAU.
    - The new server will most likely have the same rates as the current ones, but this may change, depending on how our launch goes.
    - @Dan: The Daum Patch is something I am unfamiliar with, but I will ask about it. Since we are focusing mainly on transferring accounts without any issues, it is likely this content was not added to make the transition easier.
    - @hellprowler: Chip War times will be unchanged at launch. I'm not even sure it is possible to move the times, but we'll see how things go.
    - @hellprowler: Unfortunately, we do not have a complete cash shop item list available. However, the cash shop does have an old look that should be familiar to players who played RF Online in the past.

I hope that this information answers a few of your questions. The client is also still being tested, but here's a sneak peak.

launcher.png

hellprowler and Dan like this.
  16. Aewyn

Aewyn Active Member

Good to see the account login being back in the launcher again. Or is it just for the client testing?

17. NINJAFoxHound

Added the answers to the first post.

18. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

way to ignore the question about Gvgs :p That's a major one due to your new CP system. Really needs to be addressed

19. Aewyn

Aewyn Active Member

I have new official information, this just in:

The new servers will be running on electricity.

Dan and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  20. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Given that their priority is as lupin said to make sure the account transfer works I think it's safe to say we won't be having anything changed from GC.

I'm glad to see responses, but I would like to see some more. Keep on responding please!