Mishijin Karate

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Frostwich, Nov 24, 2016.

?

Support?

1. Yes!

73.7%
  2. No¡

26.3%
  1. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

Mishijin Karate
    [​IMG]
    A forgotten family art that combines Aikido, Judo, and Karate, this art was corrupted by the works of the Dark Guardians, and made to support the Shadow Lord's struggle in overtaking the world. With this scroll, you strike the enemy - where it hurts.

- Combos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Stance
    [​IMG]

- Front Grab
    [250]
    Grab does not move the enemy far, but can be good for narrow platforms. Ground hit can be done after the grab, good recovery time.

[​IMG]

- Back Grab

[250]
    Amazing recovery time after the grab. Throws the opponent somewhat to the right of where they originally were. Also does not move the opponent far, but the great recovery time can set up a ground hit, and it can combat a saver recovery quickly. Basically a lot of Tekken's side grabs are the same.

[​IMG]

- Counter

[245]
    Does not move the enemy very far. Can set up a ground hit, or an exo ground hit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    RagnaXBlade and tamirtov like this.
  2. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

- Combos
    [​IMG]
    [80], [90], [90], [100], [110] - [470]
    A high damaging combo that can be charged up for massive damage. The 4th punch (spin punch) has an amazing hitbox. The first 3 punches come out fast, then it gets slower from on. The last punch has amazing range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [80], [90], [90], [100], [125] (semi charged) [145] (full charged) - [485] (semi charged) [505] (full charged)
    The same combo as above, except with the charged punch. The punch if fully charged is a guard breaker. The charge brings you back a little, so it can be good for dodging hits if chosen to delay. The knockback on the charged punch is hell, comparable to Leviathan's grab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [80], [90], [120], [145] - [435]
    Fence edger for this scroll. The first 2 punches come out very fast. The 3rd input, the sweep has great hitboxes and can be angled to either side very well. The last input is a kick to the stomach that pushes over small fences, like Jujitsu's punch combo. The last kick also has good hitboxes and can be angled to both sides decently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [90], [45-45], [100], [110], [115] - [510]
    Most damaging combo in this. 6 hits for a total of 510 damage. The last kick has a good amount of knockback to the left, like Red Leg's counter. The last kick also has amazing hitboxes for angling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [90], [45-45], [100-100] - [380]
    A launcher that packs a good amount of damage. The last kick can be angled decently to either side, but one of the hits will not hit. (Note 4 Nimonix: PLEASE OH PLEASE DO NOT RECYCLE PLUM NINJUTSU'S PPK FOR THE G+K, IT'S NOT THE SAME)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [90], [210] - [300]
    A combo that ends in a trip. The 2nd punch has extremely good range. The trip does not send the enemy anywhere. The range of the 2nd punch makes it very good at angling. But, the angling to the right is not good at all. Can be ended in kG for some quick damage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [180] (standing) [100] (grounded), [200]
    A ground hit that ends in a launcher for a quick juggle. The ground hit instantly knocks people to the ground, and hitboxes on that kick are so large that it can hit people that are in the air. If a person from the air is hit, they are taken to the ground. The kick input after kG is good for a juggle and does a modest amount of damage. The kick input does 200 damage, and the kG does 180 to standing opponents, 100 to grounded opponents. The only way the launcher can be initiated is if the opponent blocks kG and unblocks K or the kG does not hit the opponent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [225]
    A running grab that is initiated by a ground slide. If an opponent is caught during the ground slide animation, they are flew up for a piledriver. The enemy lands a good distance behind you. There is not enough recovery time after this for a ground hit, but at least you are up before the opponent.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    RagnaXBlade, NeoStrayFox and tamirtov like this.
  3. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

- Pros & Cons
    + Good amount of damage
    + Guardbreaker
    + A lot of grabs
    + Great hitboxes
    + Anti-Air Hitboxes
    + Good recovery time after combos
    + Fence Edger

+/- Long Combos
    +/- No custom block

- Knockback not very far

(If there is anything that I should add on Pros & Cons, please tell me on the thread!)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    RagnaXBlade, NeoStrayFox and tamirtov like this.
  4. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

- Supporters List
    BJJfromGJJ
    tamirtov
    Draygashi
    vageta
    [Insert Name Here]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    RagnaXBlade and tamirtov like this.
  5. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

- Notes 4 Nimonix
    - I want the red lightning effects (ex: charged P to be included in the game)
    - In the combo KKKP, the punch does NOT crouch down and pop up, and the last punch is not a fencer, just an upward launcher.
    - On KP, the enemy does not get back up so quickly, it's just supposed to be a trip.
    - In the combo PPKK, the last kick is not supposed to bring the enemy to the ground so quick, it is supposed to move
    people forward that are in the air from the 1st kick.
    - pls dont nerf
    - PLEASE OH PLEASE DO NOT RECYCLE PLUM NINJUTSU'S PPK FOR THE G+K, IT'S NOT THE SAME
    - I don't want the actual combos to be as slow as they are in the GIF... just saying.

- Notes 4 You Guys!
    - Most likely going to be my next scroll design contest entry (yes, I didn't give up after Kobujutsu)
    - If you have any suggestions I am more than happy to respond to you, I have the project files saved in Sony Vegas lol.
    - Don't forget to support!
    - Any signatures, banners, etc will be greatly appreciated and I will give you credits.

- Credits
    - Tekken 6 for Devil Jin's Command List
    - Sony for making Sony Vegas ;3
    - ezgif.com for their video to GIF conversion website, it's really fast and easy.
    - SacredSwordJr/iMino/i10yearold for always ******* up my res posts
    - BJJFromGJJ/Doberman/Mexican for the Scroll Design Guide, it's what got me back into making scrolls anyway.
    - Tengu & RidleyPrime for their suggestions on improving the scroll

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    NeoStrayFox and tamirtov like this.
  6. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

7. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

k yall this scroll is done please support and tell all the previous scroll design contest winners not to enter again so i can win this time!

8. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

4th punch feels really out of place imo. but that damage holy

good job tho

9. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

yeah that 4th punch with devil jin was like hard to find anything that made the combo flow good, damages i tried to balance out with the bad knockbacks but ehg ;/

and thanks!

10. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

honestly if you really dont like id suggest just removing it, since the rest of the combo is good. three hits with the final punch being chargeable sounds pretty good imo

11. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

the only problem with that is that i planned out the combos to be long

12. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

yey

13. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

done

14. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

Support list?

15. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

yes... its a list for supporters?

16. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

PPKK's finisher is so weak

17. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

what do you mean

18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The name may as well be Fight Streeter Karate.
    -Punch combo shouldnt directly copy a whole 1-2-3 from its source fighting game. Minus points. I like the charge.
    -PPKK is a good combo even tho its basically same combos Tengo and Hitman have but, unlike your PPP, this is a whole chopped combo. Big minus points.
    -KKKKK 1st kick is very weak and is also very similar to Persona's 1st kick which again is very very weak. I like the combo tho.
    -KKKP idea. Shorten it to a KKP and add a KKPP or KKPK protection input.
    -KP is a great combo but I'd make the trip do 210 or 220 instead of 180. Will cover the rest of the damage in the kG.
    -The kG feels a bit standard/vanilla. Seems like the perfect animation to put a secondary attack after i.e. ZinKarate's and Rage's kGK. Maybe even your KKKKK finisher so that it's protected by a fencer. ;)
    -Not a fan of the chosen >>G anim for this scroll. Just doesnt match up to me but idk whats sticking out about it. You do also already have a lot of grabs.

Lot of things I actually like about the scroll than normal.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  19. Frostwich

Frostwich Active Member

thank you for the input, i will consider all of this

>>G maybe its the dash at the start? idk

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016