LR classes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coffey, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Coffey

Coffey Member

Hello! As i'm waiting for new server i try to decide on which race/class should i pick. I'm not satisfied with rolling a dice to determine this so doing a little research is what i do now. All my experience with LR comes down to Strikers only, thus i have questions about some more or less popular choices.

Ranger X Tank - Higher HP that any other LR choice, two Crit buffs, two dodge buffs, can do both CR and LR combos. I saw some people playing this, but it wasn't anything super duper impressive, just well rounded class. Is this thing supossed to be some anti-tank? CR buff for ignore block + Double Hitter?

Trapper - Traps, traps etc, but what i am curious is the Stealth Attack skill. I've heard it has some high damage output, someone told me it's crazy with PvP Throwing Knife but it was ages ago. Any high lvl Trapper tried getting some nice Throwing knife for this skill sake?

Bellatos Hidden Soldier - Hory Sheet, -3sec CD buff + lowered CD Potion from CS, just spam basic LR skill all day long, with Vulcan that hits like 10 times per skill, crits are almost guaranteed. Why is this allowed lol. As far as i remember Cora and Acc equivalents of Hidden Soldier don't have -3sec CD buff.

I would appreciate any info on these class picks.
    (Am i missing any cool/gimmicky LR class?)

2. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

Ranger X Tanker is for Private servers unless you're expecting to get a +5/6 weapon for each.

Trapper has a pretty low damage output unless you're rocking some badass eles and a really good weapon.
    It's more for spying on people and killing them with your traps. The throwing knife skills are pretty good but not good enough as an overall damage output.

Hidden Soldier is pretty fun and has some dam high damage aswell as a stupid amount of Crit damage. I'd personally choose this class over the other 2, bare in mind you'll need a mage around you alot of the time.

Look at that Solids answering questions for people

*High Five*

Dan and Demented like this.
  3. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

If you want more suggestions as well, Cora Adventurer is really strong. Net skill, strong attack buffs, an attacking skill to go along with the ranger skills that everyone else gets. If I was going to play a ranged class, I'd go with Advent. Like all ranger classes though, they are heavily reliant on cash shop ammo, so if you're not prepared to spend money, I would probably advise against it.

4. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

It's a Trap, Dun listen!! Go Bells! Gotta agree on the not playing a Long range class though. They're not worth it these days, heavily CS involved.

5. Coffey

Coffey Member

Well i was using CS grenades(**** running around with backpacks full of nades lol) as spec so ammo is not a problem.
    Hidden Soldier looks hella fun, found some vids on YT. While looking for more info on Trappers, i found a note telling that Stealth Attack has something like x6-7 multiplier on damage, that is damn alot.

A'ight bro, gotta roll a fleshie this time then.

@hellprowler Damn Cora rangers, especially these Ranger X Summoner.

6. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

going to be Bellato Online again at this rate

7. Coffey

Coffey Member

I don't mind playing as fleshies, but i won't roll a Cora, no matter what!
    People on forum say they will go Bell, but how many guilds will actually go there is another thing. There is huge topic for english speaking Cora so i'm afraid Acc will be all huehue/kwkw.

A simple Poll asking for Race pick, right before new server opens will probably we a good idea.
    I'm pretty much sold on Bells now. The question now is Hidden Soldier, mageXmiller or HC.

The more i watch this, the more i like it.

8. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

These have clearly 3 different tasks, so it depends what you WANT to do :
    - Have fun, and fight with hit & run tactics -> HS
    - Mage x Miller is more like an all rounder, which has good survability, and cank tank and crit (of course, if you got the good gear)
    - HC is the support. Hc does not kill. HC's first and only duty, no matter the situation, is to stay alive. HC is a pain to play sometimes, because essentially you play for others, but if you like it, there you go.

PS : that is my personal opinion about those classes, it may differ from other people.

Archrome likes this.
  9. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

Our English speaking cora thread is full of people saying they wanted cora but are going bell. .. lmao

10. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

^^^

11. Coffey

Coffey Member

@iamjdag lol ;^)

@NINJAFoxHound As for HC, i'm used to play as support (Acc Spec), mageXtank could be played as annoying tanky debuffer. HC has this -2sec CD buff, allowing him to spam basic Heal with 0cd, works on damaging Force too, increasing the DPS, but as support, i should stack these +%HP rings and bracelets and debuff the hell out of enemy while using two AoE healls off the cd. I'm not really sure about healing part tho, never had to heal anyone before in this gaem lol.

12. Wofelik

Wofelik Member

would that be a racist comment? :eek:

13. Coffey

Coffey Member

This whole game is RvRvR, can't be more racist than this.

14. Wofelik

Wofelik Member

understand, then Huehue / kwkw are new races?
    Please!

15. Coffey

Coffey Member

Instead of making a new thread i'll use my old one to ask this question. While checking what content they have added while i wasn't playing, i found Crimson and Infinity weapons, what got my attention was 1h Wand, so running with shield and debuffing is possible with this. SO, how do we get these?

16. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

I think you're talking about the Archon Wand (Archon's Authority), it's supposed to be a staff but you can only use it to drop Nuclear Bombs. At early stages of the game it could be used to cast spells but it was too OP, specially for Bells, spamming Heal with a Shield equipped.

17. Coffey

Coffey Member

I was watching this vid when i noticed that he was using 1h wand.

So i went to our Game Help and Tips section of forums, to the @Dan topic with quests, classes and stuff to look for Force weapon list https://sites.google.com/site/rfonlineguide/items/force-weapons

You can see the am the very bottom.

18. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Indeed. At some point, there was a one handed staff too (elan staff or w/e), but it seems to have been removed aswell, but it's legit. Bells with 1h staff was too OP haha.

Archrome likes this.
  19. Coffey

Coffey Member

Okay this thread kinda changed from me asking about LR to Force but w/e. After making new char on old server and playing around i noticed that some guys use basic melee accuracy buff on casters. I was pretty sure it works for melee damage only, am i wrong?

Also about these magextank, they get alot more HP than straight Force and can use GM CR armor, but is missing all these bonuses from Force set a good tradeoff for a more Def? They already miss any Force damage buff.

Elemental Shield, people still use thiss buff, i was pretty darn sure elemental resists are broken, hence the Force and elemental ammo being OP. Is there any point is using this buff?

Finally last thing, i was never a huge fan of dodge, considering how easy is to counter it with buff cancel and aoe. Has anyone tried running HC with +%HP accessories instead of dodge?

I know i am asking alot of things most of people figured long time ago, please enlighten this foolish one.

20. IamSketchy

IamSketchy Active Member

I believe accuracy does work for force attacks, when someone removes my accuracy I get more misses. And MagexTank is by far my favourite class. I fully recommend it whether you're a beginner or a veteran, the versatility is amazing. Wearing CR armours is OP too. Especially when you use 65 gears.