Let's all agree...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iamjdag, Dec 22, 2016.

1. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

Development is phasing out a portion of what made this game so enjoyable. Three distinct races with distinct classes.

I had a small rant about runes in a reply to another thread. I understand bell/cora melees were decided to be buffed. I think this ended up more buffed than it needed to be, and i don't think templars needed a net at all but that's just me.

Let's all take this moment to agree and let the current publisher know that, while there will always be positive and negative feedback for updates/patches, there is one thing we don't want. Please don't remove race and class distinctions as band-aids for balance issues. Warrior classes across the races all look the same to me now and it seems dumb.

The 3 races used to have unique play styles in pvp but it's morphing into everyone having nets and runes. All pvp is becoming the same, and more importantly, less fun.

Serondar, Vermouth and Zanarkand like this.
  2. Accord

Accord Member

Very well said, good words, no need to bash up non-sense information or to troll in other to call the GM's attention.

+1 to those simple words that said all we needed.

3. Zanarkand

Zanarkand Active Member

I completely agree with this post.
    There can be many ways to balance the races, but giving away the specialties of specific classes completely ruins the point of choosing different races.

Then again, it is the same publisher who used the exact same armor from lvls 57>>>67, and just changed the colors on 70.

Sad.

4. fluttershypony

fluttershypony Active Member

yeah I too missed the golden days when

Accs had +20% ADR/ADP built in, so launchers had better armor than fleshie warriors.
    Accs had 1 second cure chargers while everyone else had no cure chargers, so enjoy that 40 second magnetic net and 90 second entangle and inability to use skills.
    Accs had 100/100 elems while everyone else only had 80/50 or 100/40.
    Accs had 50% bonus hp from amulets while the other races had only 20%
    Accs leveled the fastest with 47 +4 int gear warders with 18k hp and 4k pots took 1k damage from elan while fleshie ones had 14k hp and took 2k+
    Cora leveled the slowest overall because 30% of mob hit xp was wasted cause of blood **** and another 20-30% from summons(granted that still applies now, but nobody levels that way anymore past 50)
    Bellato specs leveled the slowest by class and were never invited to parties and were useless past 48.
    Level 45 staves were disproportionally weaker than any other level 45 weapons, so mages did absolutely garbage damage until hora staves were in use, much, much, much later.

5. Zanarkand

Zanarkand Active Member

And now we are the race with worst rangers/melee. And specs can do nothing but debuff.

What now?

6. fluttershypony

Give assaulters nets, give ATTACKS an innate ability to get 100% hit rate so a single ranger can stolb(parity for leveling).

Dunno why anyone would want to play a ranger(that isn't a striker) so dementers being the weakest of the 3 mains doesn't really bother me that much, if you were min-maxing you'd play either a mage-tank, offensive flesh warrior, warder, striker or spec.

7. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

all the things you're trying to point as strong points and weak points between the 3 races is not something i disagree with at all but you are pointing out exactly what i'm saying. the update delivered content that wasn't really needed except maybe swapping laboring breath for a net instead.

this update removed almost all uniqueness between the 3 races' warrior classes and now almost all pvp encounters have nets

the only thing i'm trying to point out is that i would rather still be at a disadvantage and keep the unique abilities and strategies than just make everything cookie cutter between races.

8. Accord

Accord Member

LOL was that much stronger? That then was balanced :rolleyes:

@Dementer class - ranger "alternative" job

And if you people don't know, dementer acc ranger class, can use any trapp 40+ if you choose trapper class at lvl 30, same way cora stealer and bellato sentinel can use it, so with the 15% attack increase class buff R.P.M. from dementers, that make them the strongest ranger "alternative" class, when i play acc race in private servers, i always go that class, because i don't really like striker class.

9. leon309

leon309 Member

"The 3 races used to have unique play styles in pvp but it's morphing into everyone having nets and runes. All pvp is becoming the same, and more importantly, less fun."
    +1

"Accs had 1 second cure chargers"
    lol ?

10. RiscaFaca

RiscaFaca Member

I stopped at, WTF, 1 second cure chargers? You are playing private server too much, please take a break.

11. fluttershypony

They had it during giga 4 patch on the ph servers till it was reverted back to 5 secs. Korea mightve had it too.

Us servers had it at 3 seconds from closed beta till giga 4, every server had it at 5 seconds on 4.2 update

Youre welcome btw, always happy to rid the world of ignorance

12. rrifadi

rrifadi New Member

but its not the case anymore yes? so why brought it up?
    smartypants

13. fluttershypony

we're talking about the past when accs were overpowered to hell.

now you're all crying babies *waah the past 10 years didn't count! accretia should be the best ALL THE TIME*

Vermouth likes this.
  14. France

France Active Member

If only everyone would stop crying about each others races update, it will be a beautiful world. However, the #cryingneverstops and apparently everyone has something to cry for.
    Bring back lvl1 grenade launcher!
    Bring back MAUs damage!
    Make animus stronger!

Just play the game as it is. Farm, craft, upgrade, grind and hunt! Thats the only way you can be on top.

Oh, and CC too.

15. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

should of just make entangle do a higher % of slow down. so we can dps acc running away. would of solved this problem and no need for nets, but I think that would of been to much effort on CCR's part.