Keybinds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raazec, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Raazec

Raazec New Member

RF is a game with much skills/ability, but don't hav keybinds enough.
    I suggest add keybinds as gamecampus added TAB key to target, as others MMO's (WoW, B&S, PW).
    Ex: num 1,2,3,.....

2. Balkan

Balkan New Member

The button down of the Esc key and left to the 1 lets you switch between the F keys to the numbers for the skills. But yea, i'll love to be able to keybind. Don't know if its possible though.

3. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

So far, having to use the F1-F10 keys for the shortcut bar, aswell as a switching between each line with {cantrememberwhichkey} has been enough for me so far :p
    You could get yourself a keyboard with mappable keys (ex : http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-keyboards ), and setup your own binding keys :p

4. Raazec

Raazec New Member

Then u say u can play with number as 1-9 in addition to the F1 -F10 ?

5. Neiou

Neiou Member

yes you can...

For keyshortcuts on RF Online Gamecampus had it covered - HERE

Meanwhile i can tell you you can rebind keys in RF, BUT you need to edit certain files :)

Raazec likes this.
  6. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

The 1-0 keys replace the F1-F10 keys when you are in keyboard mode.

For those interested, the file(s) you need to edit (at your own risk) is Keymap.dat and KeymapNKM.dat (think they are located in RFOnline\Datatables\en-GB or something, just search for the file).

I always have to edit it, because my keyboard is in AZERTY and the keyboard mode is configured for QWERTY layouts (including some other keys like switching shortcut line), and it's a real issue for non QWERTY users, really sad they still haven't given an official solution since the launch.

You cannot add more shortcuts though, you have to stick to the existing options. But at least, you can map whichever key you want (be careful not to input anything stupid).

Also, the launcher can sometimes update (reset) the file. Some people say to put the file in write only, but it will crash any update / patch. Hence, I suggest you copy that file and whenever it's patched, re-apply your settings on top.

Raazec likes this.