Game population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cepphei, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Cepphei

Cepphei New Member

Hello guys, used to play RF years ago, like 8 years ago or something.
    This year for some reason I decided to play again. I was going to play at gamescampus but then I noticed it was paytowin and private servers were actually more balanced and fun, so I've played on a private server for a month or so. But said private server didn't have a lot of players, in fact, most private servers are empty.
    Then I saw that RF was leaving gamescampus and going to RedFox, and maybe I should give it a shot. And with that came a question:
    How many players are there in gamescampus (Cerberus and Titan, is that it?), how many players do you think the new server will have?

2. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

It will very likely still be Pay-To-Win so no change in that regard.

3. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Can't really assess how many people will come back to RedFox, but What I can tell you is that GamesCampus = RedFox (not sure about the FULL staff, but the higher ups will be the same).

4. tchami

tchami Active Member

Last two servers (Titan & Cerberuz) were very populated. I'll post some screenshots to give you an idea when I get home.

So ever since GamesCampus took over, the game population increased and I'm pretty sure that the next new server here on RedFox will also be pretty busy because a new publisher usually means new and old players will come to here

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  5. simone93

simone93 New Member

There are around 25k players each race, but around 1/100 of them is active

6. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

That's not too bad.

7. Cadbury

Cadbury New Member

HAHAHA

8. Cepphei

Cepphei New Member

Thanks for the answers guys. I guess checking out the new server won't hurt, but after all I saw about paytowin, hacks, glitches, duped items, etc. I'm not sure if I'll stay. 250 active per race doesn't sound that bad but I think 25k per race is impossible. I don't think that many people still play RF.

9. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Definitely won't see those types of number again, but RF has shown that even with a lower population CW can still be exciting so hopefully we'll get a decent chunk of returning players and maybe a few new players to make things exciting.

10. MAKINA

MAKINA Member

Lemme try to get your hopes up.

You'll get around 300-400 active player per race when the server goes live. While Titan+Cerberus will have around 200-250 active player per race after the merge, maybe more. But in the new server, you'll see a lot more players, since everyone will be fairly equal as level goes, which means players will be using the same maps more often. You'll not be disappointed when comes to population.

Now... the p2w. Well, it happens, but it's quite expensive and not to many players will spend the amount of cash needed to become a "doner". I wouldn't mind if I were you, most players will be normal and you'll have fun even if you never buy CS points.

Hacks, glitches and dupes... flyhack and terrain exploit is fairly normal, if you ever played RF then you know it has always been exploited. But we have the ticket system and for me it has been very efficient and precise when I needed to use here in RedFox (I only used once, but some of my friends also needed help and it was pretty fast). So, as long you capture people doing ****, just create a ticked and they'll most likely be banned.

As for dupes... If someone actually knows how to do it, they kept it extremely close to the chest. I've played in servers where dupe actually happens, when it does... you ******* know. **** goes wild, people literally losses their mind creating +6 gear, weapons and etc... So, if it exists, it's a few limited players (very few and very organized), you won't notice the difference from a p2w player and they won't make much of a fuss, since they probably want to keep the attention out of their back.

And for actual hacks and game breaking glitches... they're kinda rare and if you find someone abusing or if you suspect someone, just open a ticket and see where it goes. But I've been playing in the GC servers for the last 2 months and things were and still are kinda smooth as far as gameplay goes. Pretty sure here will be even better.

I'm fairly confident in RedFox and they're actually lifting my hopes up, I know I've been quite negative around the forums, but heck... I might be wrong after all, right? This might me actually something good.

11. Cepphei

Cepphei New Member

Thanks for the long answer Makina!
    I've been reading the posts on the forum, found lots of nice suggestions.
    Saw some people talking about how a pay2win game actually gives less profit than good, healthy games, but that concept is hard to grasp for most companies. The ones that understand it are rich though.
    It gives me a little bit of hope thinking that maybe, just maybe, redfox will listen and be active, and not just open the servers and ignore they exist until they close.

MAKINA likes this.