Game is Dead, and RF should do something about it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by InquisitivePanda, Nov 24, 2019.

1. InquisitivePanda

InquisitivePanda New Member

The older versions of this game were by far some of my favorite. I learned around last year that the drop rates are lowered if you're way higher leveled than the thing you're killing (which makes collections impossible if you did side quests first.) I am chalking it up to my theory that drop rate in this game is tied to the xp you gain from the monsters in some way. When I get more xp from lower level monsters (from the 2x xp events), I also actually start to get items. Seriously, I know this game is supposed to be grindy but at least make it feasible to play the game without shelling out loads of money just to stay afloat in this game. RedFox, fix this game. Please. I'll come back if you do. I loved it, but I'm going to find other options of martial arts games if you continue to do nothing about the fact that your game is dead. Might I suggest a remaster/remake/reboot (whatever you want to call it?) That could be interesting, if you sink time and money into it to remake the game with better graphics, animations, mechanics, and sound design, and to also remove the p2w aspects (but you can have cosmetics to make money for the game) you could revive this once great game.

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

The x2 or x3 weekend events apply to character xp, kungfu XP and drop rate. That would explain why you are getting better drops.

3. InquisitivePanda

InquisitivePanda New Member

That still doesn't stop the fact that these events really shouldn't be happening. If they were to just fix the game then they might be able to have a decent following. It was honestly really disappointing when I did some extra research and found that this game was incredibly p2w at high levels. My character is around lvl 40 or so, and as soon as I read that, along with the fact that the higher level you are against an enemy the lower the drop rate is, I immediately lost all desire to play the game, because I didn't feel like pouring years of my life of grinding to do something that would've taken someone who's willing to dip into their pockets like 2 minutes to do.

4. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Well, I like to see the middle way on things, not too dark, but not too white also. I agree with you regarding some of the observations and high players vs drop rate. It was since beginning like this :

Dark Blue
    5 level advantage or greater. Experience and drop rate are near 0.
    Light Blue
    3-4 level advantage. Experience and drop rate are reduced by 30%.
    Green
    1-2 level advantage.
    White
    Levels are the same.
    Yellow
    1-2 level disadvantage.
    Orange (light)
    3 level disadvantage. Experience is increased by 10%.
    Orange (dark)
    4 level disadvantage. Experience is increased by 20%.
    Red
    5 level disadvantage or greater. Experience is increased by 30%.

Blue not apply to revamp dungeons mobs and bosses for high level players. If you kill a mob that is red, usually it is consider an accomplishment for your level and should be awarded more by gaining more exp and better items from drop. For low level players that have no gear and no back up relics from main character, red mobs are a pain to kill, also bosses.

Item drop rate it is a curve and along the years players made a speculation that is nerf at some point and it is limited by quantity of mobs. Now in game we have way too many items to increase the drop rate and calculate it for each mob, like :
    -new premium
    -clothes with drop rate reff
    -epithets
    -master gift
    -relics additions with drop rates
    -band attribute with drop rate
    -trinket with drop rate KL
    -drop rate card
    -drop rate event increase 2x, 3x
    -& others... if I skip something

Last year like you, I also notice that KL meds do not drop so much after they implemented a new patch, because I test it with diff levels characters. So, for some items, the curve should be review, because seems that each time they add a new item drop item, the curve is decreasing somehow, maybe just increasing with that item ads on again to 100% again on curve.

5. BirdbrainX

Why not? I like weekend events. It allows players to rapidly (subjective) train their kungfu, gain character xp at an increased rate as compared to weekdays, and make farming drops more efficient and satisfying.

RedFox is merely a publisher for this version of the 9dragons game, the developers for the original Korean version is Joongwon Games who are responsible for the bug fixes and patches to my knowledge.

This much is true. The PvP element of the game is extremely P2W if you have ever seen the OP event gears that have been introduced.

That being said, I myself belong to the F2P PvE faction of the game community. I still enjoy the game enough to keep playing at IS 3 on my main character. I hone my skills at farming to increase my in-game wealth to upgrade my gear so that I may explore tougher dungeons and kill tougher bosses. That to me is enjoying the game content. Sure, my character may not be able to perform as well as those with much better gear, but I personally enjoy the journey getting there (so long as it isn't overly ridiculous :p).

You should consider joining a band/league and finding an in-game master to teach you the ropes of how to farm efficiently. That would probably make the game less stressful. :)

6. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I am IS2. During events with x7 card and Pet lv4 buff I manage to get around 2% per hour doing SRS runs. Since I can max grind 5h per weekend, this means it will take me 10 weekends to get to IS3, now considering that the xp will get even lower at IS3+ It will take me 1.5 - 2 years to reach IS6. Ridiculous really. They should rather focus on new maps with higher XP. I will totally not grind and stay at IS2 as long as they don't fix the xp. This sucks because me as a PvPer will be in a disadvantage. But there is no way in hell i'll be grinding to IS6 with current rates.

7. JaydenLi

JaydenLi Active Member

Lol 2% per hour? With lvl 4 pet? HOW ?? I was getting 6-7%/hr at that level, mind you this was before pets even existed

Rizla and sconect like this.
  8. Rizla

Rizla Member

I don't know how you run srs, but I saw you doing it on weekend and by the time it took for you to go in and come out, I assume you do full dung.
    How about instead full run, try killing only 2 bosses.
    You freshly reroled from warr to nuker, might be cool to nuke everything, but for srs grind I would use melee. You have +18 staff, I bet you can do a lot more dmg with it.
    To boost your exp use 4 or more dung beads, lvl3 inner set or robe5 (if you dont have that, i know someone who can sell 1 for you ;) )ask Ebola put exp buff on band, new prem + exp buff from hermit.

9. TheRealKronix

TheRealKronix Member

This happens to every 12sky2 severs it’s the steps they take now that will determine its fate. Yes the sever is dead but if players stop supporting the game it will eventually close but there is hope. I am an old mayn aeria player/gm and always loved the game despite the inevitable issues. I recently came back from finding it on steam so there is hope. Will they avoid ended up like the other servers? Only time will tell.

10. TheRealKronix

TheRealKronix Member

My suggestion to the staff is would to do things in game with the players run events it’s where every the other servers lacked any motivation I was a gm for a short time in aeria in this critical stage gm ran event is just a small part of what I believe can literally save the server. I would also be more than happy to help any way I can. I didn’t come back to enjoy a dead server

11. 5winds

5winds New Member

It'a true that the servers are kinda empty, but there are a lot of new stuff pets, balancing/changing skills of classes. The problem at least for me that I play almost solo, cause I'm lower level (80).And another issue is the graphics of the game which are really outdated. Yesterday I checked other martial arta mmo, and they were with much better graphics, and were released around 2012

12. nt2vna

nt2vna New Member

You can not find a party 5winds. ppl often use 2 computer, 1 buffer and 1 main char ,to train. And they use leech party to lv to hg, then solo in dun. 80% like play offline game

13. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, white is the same lvl as char killing them.

Others are a lil off as well, I can't 100% tell you what's all off, cuz I'm partially colorblind.

14. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

As I wrote :
    Meaning both characters and mobs have same levels.

15. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

My bad did notice it when I posted and i looked several times, guess Im not just colorblind, but literally BLIND too!

16. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

First off, hats off for figuring out who I am ingame ;). Secondly yeah i do full runs because first mobs don't give me ****. Only Hyami gives me some decent xp. Also yeah I transitioned to nuker and on the contrary I finish a full run in 5-6 min where as as warrior i had 7-8 min. So I am approx 30% faster with nuker (AOE kills all weak hyamis at once even ignores walls). But anyways new GC has better XP than SRS now so leveling up has become a little better. For now I'm gonna stick with LL GC dungeon and see where it gets me. BTW are you the spicy SF Nuker or with whom am I dealing here?

Well instead of spiting big words, you could describe how you got that much of xp?
    I am assuming you did quick runs then. First 2 bosses give me like 0.03%. I finish a quick run in 40 seconds, with transport and everything I assume i'd get 0.06% per minute, times 60 is 3.6% per hour. So please i'm excited to hear how you manage to get twice as that. Because according to my calculations you must be able to finish the quick run in half of my time which not even the almighty god of the abrahamic religions can do.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    JaydenLi likes this.
  17. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member

0.03% per 2 bosses sounds pretty low for IS2 with tons of exp boosts.
    I remember getting around that much per boss on IS3, that was before pets.
    Maybe my memory serves me wrong lol

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  18. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Can we still get exp from srs at is3? Bosses are 2nd time dark blue, right?

19. BirdbrainX

Yes, you can get XP from doing red SRS runs at IS 3.

With x3 event, premium XP bonus, X5 XP cards, and assorted other bonuses from gear and band attributes, one can get somewhere between 0.18% to 0.20% XP per full run.

20. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member

Yes, you still get exp. 2 bosses give around 0.09- 0.10%. On x3 with x7 card and lvl3 pet buff.