Fix the Exp curve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justice, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Justice

Justice Member

Solo in 15 minutes as an Archon or a normal player? Fine lets say you can do it in 15 minutes, thats 4% an hour. Still not impressive. There is a reason why CCR added those quests, a lazy fix to compensate for the bad exp curve.

Just because you think its easy doesn't mean others do. 90% of the general RF population probably quits before they even hit that point. At the start of a new server you see so many people but how many of them actually stick through to 55+? They quit and wait for a new server again. Why? One of the biggest reason is of how pointless it is to level up. Go ahead and read Seriaph's post.

The game is supposed to be hard to level up but not beyond acceptable limits.

Also it would be wise to not mention about private servers here.

2. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

Its not a lazy fix. At 51+ you now get 3 daily quests, thats 4.5%per day only from quests (OPN,deposit and chooties) 4.5 untill level 56. If you do it everyday you can level up in 22-23 days only from quests.

And I was talking about level 58. If I do 4% from bds and 1.5% from DQ thats 5,5 per day only 19 days to level up.

Do you even play RF ? Las fresh server I joined I got 56 in a very short time. Those ppl that quit before 55 are just too lazy..
    I am fine with exp events. 6x exp event plus jade to make it 7x its enought for me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. Justice

Justice Member

The maximum I will ever tolerate to gain 1 level is a week. If its 19 days at lv58 then what about lv60+? I'm sure it doesn't get any easier. Going from 55-70 probably takes well over a year. By that time a new server is already out. So pointless.

4. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Wrong game, sorry. Or you'll find happiness on private servers only
    At 60+ you get XP faster, since you can get hit XP from Hellars in OCL.
    Same as you'd level faster once you get 53 (XP hit from commanders, lizards and bds), and at 56+ (Captains in OCL).
    There are thresholds for levels at which you can get hit xp from certain mobs, and if you are not the leeching kind, your xp will skyrocket (for example i spent way more time getting 55 -> 56 than 56 -> 57).

CookieLoJ likes this.
  5. Justice

Justice Member

I'm sorry but I don't remember it taking ages to gain 1 level on CM. Right game, underestimated exp formula. They did not think through about the consequence of exponential growth.

6. NINJAFoxHound

You are right, I'm just stating that RF is a korean MMORPG. Hence, it was based on hardcore grind and farm. They forgot that korean players are not some run-of-the-mill online players :p

7. Tensai

Tensai Member

This conversation is going left and right and probably all of you are right, according to each reality. What I mean is base all your conversation at the current RF which the lvl cap is 70. Not when u played lvl cap was 55, 60 or 65.

Talk about the same reality and fact.

For example it is normal to make harder to reach 60 and challenging to get 65 when Cap is 65. But when lvl cap is 70: hard getting 65 and challenging to get 70.

1-50 = very easy to get: 1 shot to 65s+except acc tanks: P

50-56 = also easy to especially once you reach 53. Stoll no match for 65s+

56-60 = More survivability but still no match to 65+

60-65 = The fight is on

65-70 = The fight is still on

Base on that it is normal to make it easier to reach 60.

56-65 ETS= 1.5% a day x 30 (1month) = 45% a month, why cry about that?

At 61 BD exp vs cost = too costly but of course if no other choice spend on it. In new server will take some times to reach 65 and amount of time. For casual player will take forever. Only those with enormous of time (these players are few) in their hand will get it fast.

61-62 = C2 is nice exp but absolutely slow at 63. Getting 65 is doable but challenging (buy a lot of 100% pills )

In an old server there is jetso (67+ LH) which make smoother but reply on LH being online how fast you exp.

Expeing might be easier than before sure but also the game reality has changed.

8. Unknown

Unknown Member

I don't really know/care about the exp rate of the current "main" server but regarding the new server;

Cap level should be 55, it's decently reachable and creates the best pvp experience for everyone.
    This obviously includes removing BD & ETS
    With this level cap it should also be a permanent server, not a "We will merge it after a year or so".

I have experienced a server like this (that also had no pay 2 win cash shop) and it was ******* glorious, until the server owner decided it would be fun to throw around dimension PB rewards, we quit and the server closed :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Darkon001, AyyLMAO and Dan like this.
  9. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

Some fun facts about required EXP til next level.
    [​IMG]

Justice and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  10. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Now post a graph showing how much exp mobs 10 levels higher than that give for bonus, and full life hit exp so we can do real maths and see how long it'd take!

MATHS

11. Justice

Justice Member

I ******* love you man. I was asking about this on ragezone but nobody wanted to answer. Now I can try to come up with a proper formula.

12. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Exp values have and will always continue to be a fundamental problem of RF Online PvE leveling. There's nothing wrong with grinding to reach a level, it's when a developer has NO CHOICE (when they actually care about their game that is) but to introduce something like ETS to compensate the fact that their leveling system is a broken mess is when you went wrong. It's not that "hey you guys have options now there is no reason to complain" it's "why do these stupid options like ETS exist in the first place". I think many of us can agree that because of the nature of the game, it would be MUCH more sensible to have limited leveling options, but leveling options that were far more meaningful to your experience bar, not a bunch of messed up options that have little impact to your exp bar.

Now that doesn't mean you should be able to level up to cap in a couple of months, it means you shouldn't even CONSIDER the scenario Tensai mentioned when going off of dailies it takes you almost 2 YEARS to get from 56-65, and that assumes you are logging on EVERY day and doing those quests, which lets be real how many people are actually logging in every day for 2 years? I have a lot of other options that I can do with my time other than spend 2 frickin years for 9 levels. That's not accessible at all, that's absurd. Yes of course I did not factor in the fact that during those 2 years you are going to spend time leveling up in ways other than daily quests, I also didn't factor in the fact that a lot of that time can be offset by: chip wars, being owned by other races, exp loss, etc....

There's no question that an inordinate amount of time is needed to level past 55, and being ok with that because you can do that puts you in the extreme minority of RF players, let alone MMO players. Would you rather be one of the very few who can do it, or would you rather have a more balanced leveling situation which allows MORE people to enjoy this game and subsequently make PvP more fun?

Darkon001, Dan and Justice like this.
  13. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

Lol at these guys saying how easy it is to Exp when the game has been open like 5-6 years or more and they've only just hit 60-65... Cmon lads

14. LominiEQ

LominiEQ Member

I think XP rates are ok.
    If you would increase XP you would have problem with pt and that kinda what I feel needs change. Consider how long it takes to lvl 50 where you need GM pt skill. And how long does 50-65 takes. Problem is you do not need anymore pt which kinda ... not sucks, its just wierd dont you think ??

15. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

0-55 is OK-ish. After that is not OK at all.

16. NINJAFoxHound

Well it might depends on the way you xp, and which level. But for me, it went this way :
    55->56 is hell
    56->57
    is piece of cake (56+ bds & naroom captains xp hit)
    57->58 is hell
    58->59
    is piece of cake (58+ bds & kukra captains xp hit)
    59->60 is hard but not as much as 55 & 57
    60->61 is piece of cake (OCL Hellars) -> "piece of cake" referring to the xp rate ONLY, since there is a huge difficulty raise when you get to Hellars (one shot if you're not a pure tank, and a single mistake -or lag- while pulling or stunning can wipe the whole party, even with good use of def runes)

Thanks to the fact that finding a tank for such parties is a pain for everyone, I ended up tank for many parties, and people kept asking me, hence I made some of the levels pretty fast.

Reminder
    This is all intel from my own experience. It may vary greatly depending on your class, gear and parties. I had a nice gear, nice dps, and often parties with good dps (though most of the time, it's people afk leeching nyahahaha).

Note
    All the levels mentionned above take into account doing EATS daily (sometimes more....).

17. LominiEQ

LominiEQ Member

Boy I somehow love your post. I would just like to add 1 thing.
    When new people start playing this awesome game, they get returnee weaps. which makes so easy to lvl up as you already said. But when it comes to lets say lvl 40 and they open the weap box and get 45 downleveled weaps they suddenly realise they dont have enough pt to use it because they were rekless and were PLing with returnee weaps.
    So if any newbie read this. Just dont use returnee especialy as mage.
    And to say what really bothers me about high level is this as you already mentioned. It takes few months to lvl up eq. you get from 60 to 61 and all you get is another grind till 63 for some more armor and even to 65 to get new weap. I know if we would get a weap per lvl it would make no sense in upgradining it, but still rate of weaps could be increased and not just one or two types per 5 levels.
    Also I ******* hate that you need GM pt for lvl 50 weap and gm for 70 weap. When time needed to make it from 1 to 50 is much, much, much, much shorter than making it from 51 even to 60-65 and now just see how odd this may seem. Also try to check the dps of 50 and 70 weap. Its nowhere new balance. Not saying they should lower the pt needed for 1-50 weaps. I just think it may be time to expand it from 100pt /gm/ to further.

18. NINJAFoxHound

While this has been like this since the beginning of RF, I think they didn't change that simply so the jades would have a reason to exist (and so, to be purchased) on the cash shop. I know what I'm talking about, because I always tend to "prepare" a good weapon for the next level cap (55, 60, ...), but whenever I manage to create a very good one, I get impatient, and want to use it right now. Having a weapon each level would not be very profitable for them, and it also gives a reason for you to PL (considering how hard it is, some people just don't want to if there is no real goal behind).

I know you are aware of this, but this has been coded from the time of lvl50 cap. However you will tell me "they could have adjusted it with the new level caps". True, but I think it's way better this way : like this, not every noob who gets some powerlevel can get a decent char. If you want a decent and strong character, you have to work on it.

19. LominiEQ

LominiEQ Member

I do know that its like this since the begining. I was playing at that time. Im just saying it can not be that hard to code it. Im just afraid what will it do with newcomers. Like "why do I need GM pt for 50 waepon when it has 1,5-2k dmg and also GM pt for 65 weap when it has 3-5k base dmg" It just doesnt make sense.