Event: 6th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [CM]NineArts, Mar 9, 2022.

1. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

You don't have to be OP to participate the event, but to be a nuker, it's real. I haven't been in potala, LLGC, or GCM dungeon. Only farming tibet mobs. I find it better since you can get weapons that you can sell to npcs unlike getting repel/dark ghost boxes where you'll get a hard time selling since there's a bunch of those stuffs in-game during event period. In the end, I've got what I wanted from the event and collected billions of gold just from selling the weapons, bloody orb & icy passes I got from farming.

2. Anonyma

Anonyma Member

Id agree with you both if you posted this a year ago, but i think the game right now is the easiest its ever been to gear up. A year or so ago, goku 4 was 12b, UTs were 80b. no chance youre getting OP lvl 1 and it was actually hard/gated to do content as a f2p player. Now, OP deco, KL5/6, AM sets, ah/dh and extreme weapons (which is better than most other weapons and is free), all these items are real cheap and easily obtainable by f2p players, you can do all the content in the game easily with cheap gear now. Plus even if you cant farm this event super efficiently because youve not been playing long (even though most players are farming events on lvl 156 characters) the event will make the items like op lvl 1 even more cheap, so you can buy them when youre actually at a point where you need it. I mean, if you cant farm the event for whatever reason, what are you going to do with a UT or USB anyway, sell them? you cant farm any of the other mats you need to make things with them. Plus you dont even need Op lvl 2/3 or storyteller relics to hit cap damage

3. superdildog

And the bigger stress they might face is the patch next week. Those who rushed opening their op packs just to farm event mats and expires soon w.o having decent gear will be a bit cursed on that upcoming dungeon unless RF gives another deviant pack sale.

4. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

Unfortunately, you're kind of missing the point. The point is the actual rate of participation on the event and the involvement from new/returning players in them.
    Its like super great that you've been farming in Tibet for like weapons and such and sold (billions??) worth on them but ....
    Meanwhile players who already have the super OP gear HAVE been doing potala and stuff and got like tons, i really mean tons, of Golden Coins in this event (I've seen numbers reaching above 2000+ in league) from doing this all whilst i was struggling to get 8 or so ....
    Now thats where I try hitting deck here. 8 vs 2000+ is like a bit high difference dont you think?
    That's where the involvement gets part. If same amount of grind applies, this is just outrageous different from negative impact.

To make the difference maybe even more touching real life I'll just give an example on the working life.
    Lets say you have a certain job filling, let's just say "programming".
    In this story I go for a junior position and the "older players" get a senior position.
    We both work in the same codebase and both work the same amount (let's say 40h) a week.
    Ofcourse, as a junior, I'd know that if we'd talk about numbers on paycheck, its normal that the senior positions get earned alot more then me, as a new starter.
    The difference should still be reasonable. If the senior get paids 2800 a month, you'd never expect to the senior get paid like 12000 a month, like there is no justification for nor experience nor age here.

I hope I make myself a bit moreself clear here.

5. Golemnator

Golemnator New Member

your drop rate is bad, thats all,.. work for better drop rate and dont cry here,..
    super-farmers had to work for that build alot (and years).. what u wanna? Log only at events and farm material and hope that is enough??

6. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Easiest to gear up, I feel an upcoming challenge. Go make a new character and keep it vanilla. No transfer of money/gear/relics from other chars and tell me how frustrated you get. The slower lvl up to the point you can actually participate on the event (lvl 156) like you say and then the actual farm of items.

I see what you are trying to point out there with the decreased value of items, but lets be honest this is not a valuable argument. I came from a time Blood Essences were sold what ... 8000k (to 1,2kk) each. Now they go for stacks like its nothing.
    So there is a change into what the gameplay is all about. Leveling was something central from the past, gear was just an addon to make it slightly easier. Now its all about gear.
    And thats were the problem lies. As a new player you can get fairly fast past the point of leveling and be there and stanidng their at end game content. The journey of leveling is long gone, so all that remains is end game content.
    What are you about to do if you cant do the end game content properly? You cant participate in events or nothing?

What am I going to do with UT/USBs .... well ofcourse sell them to get starting farming gear purchased so I can actually join in on the future event fun.
    Problem? Actually getting 1 single USB/UT in is already a pain in the ***.

I kindly fear you guys are experienced players with experienced gear, that you might have lost touch with the "vanilla" experience. The starting relics dont provide any (and I mean 0) value to survivability in the end game. 5 to all atribute relics and 50 dmg to damage vs current relics that talk numbers about 8500 to damage?
    You see, that is what in my opinion you kinda lost track of this whole situation....
    And thats why I made healer, hoping to heal myself for this difference, but I learned that the skills there also dont match the current HP/VE standards so I'm left with a whole bunch of nothing as a healer on the PVE side. Also because of Nuker's Op'ness in the farming side of stuff.
    I refer to my previous post for more details on this matter.

Cheers

7. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

Ridiculous contribution to the actual issue here, like you have not been reading the posts ....
    Just get better drop rate ..... Ok and ???? so I'm going to survive and kill monsters with my drop rate or what is the point here?
    Get the drop rate so high that if I can sweat my head of to kill 1 monster all of the sudden 2 Golden Coin will drop or what.
    As my previous post said, go try to go "Vanilla mode" to see how life really is for newbies ;)

8. superdildog

It is the fruit of their hardwork or money spent to the game. You could have more coins if you did the right thing putting it on your nuker char if you wanna do potala. And if you wanted coins, you should have done lots of green runs on weekdays then farm red on weekends. Just kill all the mobs on 1st room potala red run and relog, keep doing it til you run out of red passes and you'll see the big difference than doing potala full run. I know a guy who played since the server opened but left after a few months. Returned and managed to have the best gears in-game, but at what cost? 10k usd worth of cc. That's what returnees need, money or to have really good friends to help you get the best gears in-game.

9. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

I've been told the same about that cash needed to get going ... thats like out of proportions, don't you think?
    I can not do green potala runs, not strong enough, so I do really appreciate the advice on this matter but I'm sorry.

And I rerally do understand that they need to see the harbvest of their hard work, but not at that difference rate.
    Its like the senior vs junior story I told, it all needs to stay within reasonable proportions

10. Anonyma

Anonyma Member

huh? I'm literally saying, its never been easier for players like you to gear up and do end game content. you can do end game content now with gear that is easily affordable, you couldn't say that about the game before, more expensive gear will just let you do it quicker. Also, why would you be able to do end game content with relics you get from the bamboo village? The point of an mmo is progression, you're not going to have the same gear at OC 5 that you will have HI 7 and if you hit a point where youre a little stuck or you cant progress in a dungeon or do it quick enough, farm gold and upgrade your gear or ask someone to help you with suggested changes to your build, that's actually more viable than ever to do because not every decent relic is 50+b now.

As for the event, this was a farming event, not every event is like this one, in fact a lot of the post years events HAVENT been farming events. You cant expect someone who is new, with trash gear and no drop rate, to farm on par with someone who has sunk thousands of hours and dollars into the game getting fully optimised drop gear for these events. To farm 1-2k gold coins, you needed to have decent drop gear and easily 100+ hours of farming. At the very minimum its easy enough to make drop optioned clothes for yourself and if youre a player who could only get 10 or so because youre new or just got them while you were leveling along the way, you could still sell them, they were selling for 100 mil each, thats 1b for free.

I don't think i've 'lost touch with vanilla'. I just know what items are in the game now and their price and i know what items we used to have and what their price was before and how hard regular players were actually gated out of end game content. My main is a healer and i leveled it from 0 myself, in regular ways and figured out everything for myself. Also, things have just moved away from ve/hp leach parties, though they are still good at early levels and will let you grind longer, healer parties are still important for damage, the courage buff gives a lot of damage and people use healer parties for that now instead of leech, even though people do still use ve leech in QD (which is an end game map) if they don't have enough from relics.

btw, i have also always been an advocate for what youre saying about end game content and streamlining content in the game to make the transition smoother between early game and end game. While i didnt think making 90% of the game redundant and dumping a bunch of items in the IM was the way to do it, the game has come a long way in the last year to make regular players be able to do end game content (there is still a LOT to do though) and actually get upgrades to their items with out there being a hard line and drop off between f2p/p2p, even if this was the way they did it.

11. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

Ok, your making a lot of reasonable argument which I like and do appreciate :)

The point of an MMO is indeed progression, but thats where the end game is like blocking, you cant gear up for the end game, if you cant do the end game content provided and especially not without guidance and thus not progress in that way.
    I have now found a really helpfull league in the sense of breaking down the journey to how to progress and feel it. Can't say i feel progress now tho ....

The event is like I tried explaining multiple times by now. The event should have the goal of accomplishment and achieving the ultimate goal of 200 GC to get the deco. I think that is like the goal of the event, am I correct?
    I don't expect to be on par on the farming side of an experienced player with all the goodies and gear to get more out of the event.
    But let's be real here and conclude that the difference is not to be argumented reasonably. 8gc like I said vs 2000+.... More fair would be 8 GC vs lets say 300 even at max .....

12. Golemnator

Golemnator New Member

Man i start from zero 2years ago.. and spend maybe 100€ for all the time and i dont think that is so hard be good player and njoy the game ..
    But u wanna be OP just after create char..
    i guess,.. u have no clue how to play this game..

13. Umbarion

Umbarion New Member

really constructive feedback there Golemnator .... *kuch*

very good history you have there, really contributing to the issue here.

Where did I refer that I wanted to be OP? Oh right ....
    I just want to play the game, but got thrown immediatly to end game? And guess what, the end game can not be played. What a surprise?
    Again this is about the event, where I can not be participating because of the end game difference between new/returning player and the older playerbase.

It is MY standpoint on things as a new/returning player, that want to experience the whole game.
    I have no idea how to play this game? very constructive their mate. Let me tell you, an intuitive game and UX should long have taken care of that.

Please Golemnator, do read the previous posts with care and attention. Try to get an understanding and then, on a constructive way, reply if desired.

14. Anonyma

Anonyma Member

I dont know what to tell you, sure the game is old and trash at the end of the day and the item mall is overpriced with a trash rate gambling system i know people with no drop gear who still managed to get 300+ gc by the end of the event by putting in some hours. OP2 didnt have to be the point of the event, there are UTs snd USBs that took less GC to make, as well as selling GC for gold or trading them for other items you may need. There have been events way worse than this, making us farm for 6 weeks to get no rewards because the the high resource cost and low creare success rate.

In my opinion, i think end game is doable now as a regular player, if you dont think its possible for you, thats fine, i'd say ask someone in your band for suggestions on what to upgrade, change or work towards. Im not sure if you were powerleveled and are now stuck now because you never learned the ins and outs of the game since you last played or are not sure what to do next but again, you could ask people in you band on what you should do or form goals for yourself or even hit me up in game or discord, you dont need much gear to farm gold in ccd to invest in better gear or drop gear to get more gold and repeat.

BirdbrainX likes this.