Do you think Rf will make a comeback?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ReleaseTheNudes, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

They cannot afford the best game programmer. If they could afford the best game programmer we could've bring back da testing scrolls before buying. They got to remove it from shop and cannot come back because they suck to coding it.

oh right, where our money goes?

2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

They put new scrolls in the medal shop monthly. They used to give out a timed version of SE scrolls as a pre-release but people cried because they wanted more now they dont. Classic Mode was given to us exactly as player suggested then got changed to exactly as player suggested; community can never be appeased. True Battle was also a highly sought after request from old gen players during the OGP/GC era; again the community either catches amnesia or cant get over their own moon/glac/wings elitism to enjoy the game. True battle also disables Avalon Drivers and sets stats to default, something people CONSTANTLY cry about, but again nothing will ever appease these people.
    Again you make the assumption that the issue is actually fixable and ignore the possibility that it cant be. Maybe the exploit to make scrolls perm cant be undone without the whole thing not working.

Hercule likes this.
  3. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

New to the medal shop but their old scrolls. You get timed versions of them through other methods. The ones that aren’t in dailies/enigma have already ran their course. We’ve seen em, used em and already passed judgment. I suggested the medal shop as a work around for the testing scrolls bug. If the medal shop updated weekly they could put new scrolls/exos in their for a day.
    After maintenance you see a crap ton of rooms asking for a showcase... you don’t think they wanna try it out themselves? That’ll leave a whole lot more lasting impression than watching Starberry use it on YouTube.

Classic mode, if it was given to us EXACTLY how players suggested than how can it be CHANGED from exactly what we suggestef to EXACTLY WHAT WE SUGGESTED? What Classic mode actually is, is a great example of bad comprehensive leadership.

Pls bare with me on this explanation.
    The support for Classic Mode had a huuuuuuge disparity of motives. Alot of people wanted to get away from what they saw everyday or as youd like to call it “moon/glace/wings elitism” and what comes with said settings like “shoot/ab/blah/that/yougetit” which is NOT classic mode. Shoot is Classic, AB is clsssic and is not allowe because ‘it’s not balanced.’ Well, back in the day when AB was released it wasn’t balanced then either so what they actually created was a whole new mode just banning a **** ton of overused(classic or not) and newgen scrolls and just continued to call it ‘Classic Mode’ because thats what were all calling it.

Who exactly is in charge of COMPREHENSIVELY READING AND UNDERSTANDING the SUPPORT, SUGGESTION, and WHY IT MATTERS. Because they’re the ones who did a bad job. You run a game of 15 year old kids. Why’re you taking everything they say so literal in the first place??? Do you think they know exact what they want? You think ANY mob knows exactly what they want? You think ANY mob is 100% united in the same cause?? Someone needs to read all(or only the legible ones >_> Humo) and pick what exactly is best for the game... WE JUST PLAY IT, Y’ALL(this one is actually for RedFox) ARE THE LEADERS. LEAD. Speak, why’re y’all acting like politicians scared that we’ll pick them apart if they say something ‘wrong’?

Lastly, TB rot because of the same reasons said above^ but I didn’t know all that stuff is disabled in TB Mode. Which brings me to my next point. WHY DF AM I FINDING OUT EVRRYTHING ABOUT THE GAME THROUGH WORD OF MOUTH?? Where is it listed in the description that days “In this mode, Avalons and blah are disabled”
    Where’s the wiki...

4. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

Stop giving yourself a false hope. No one with a functioning brain would ever host this game. It barely has 40 players on at the same time at peak hours

5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

then why other games allow you to see before you make a purchase?
    It is possible to implement to prevent that cheap ass shit.

6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

They update the medal shop every 2-4 weeks it doesnt need to change every week.

If they give out temp versions of the new patches item nobody will actually buy the new item. Seems kinda obvious.

Classic Mode as suggested in OGP/GC was designed specifically around the 07 beta/release era of content when things were VERY tame. It was then changed at the behest of Branz (and in response to the community throwing a tantrum) to allow most 07-09 content on RFNA. Id really tho like you to elaborate on just how Classic Mode is bad leadership. Maybe its bad leadership in the sense that they listen to us at all when time and time RFNA's community proves it can never be appeased even when they give us what we asked for.
    EDIT: Oh and by the way Attack Booster came out towards the end of OGP's lifespan (gen3/gen4) and is definitely not a classic exo. Lightning is closer to being considered classic than Booster.

True Battle says in its description it disables avalon drivers so maybe try reading the description first? <3
    EDIT: As of Classic Mode's release True Battle's icon now occupies the spot Capture the Flag originally did and currently it displays CTF's description but TB's description does state about the avalon disabling and stuff.

Wiki's are created and maintained by the players/community and not the host/devs i.e. wowwiki aint affiliated with blizzard. If you wanna make one Im faily sure the GMs will generously compensate you or whoever does.
    Other games dont let you test items before you purchase them, gonna stop you right there. You may find some examples but these are outliers. And if it is possible to re-add scroll testing with the perm glitch fixed why havent they? They probably cant.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Hercule likes this.
  7. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

You really telling me right now that if they gave out a 1 day version of new content NOBODY would buy it? Thats seriously your argument? If so, I kindly disagree and we'll leave it at that.

... You sorta just answered your own question. RFNA's community as I said in the last post are a bunch of kids and retards. Why in the world would they take anything we say so literal?
    You suggest a scroll, if approved it gets changed upon release for balance or other comprehensive reasoning.

You suggest a trade system, it gets rejected because anyone with a brain can tell you it'll kill the market.

You suggest classic mode and they're just like "yes" because it got a ton of likes..? Where was the person/process whom which reflects on not only what we want but WHAT WE NEED. I figured that same person/process made/was used for the calls said above ^ that says "no, this is too OP" "no, this isn't helpful" "I see where your going with this, however I(game host/dev) have been WORKING with the game for a decade and think this is actually a better way to go."

Anymore proof that things need a comprehensive leadership is exactly what you just said TBH. "It got changed to allow more 07-09 content IN RESPONSE TO COMMUNITY TANTRUM." VERY accurate description. And they followed it very precisely. HOW MUCH DID THAT HELP THE OVERALL CLASSIC MODE PLAYTIME?? Are people playing anything different now?? No... If staff was truly reflective on the community they would've noticed something else which i'm tired of repeating but ergo we got something along the lines of "this suggestion got likes-> implement-> damn, people don't like it, lets change it to this guys suggestion, he's been playing for a while-> changes it-> damn, its still dead. gotta recycle some more boxes to pay for that manpower"

Same logic with TBM, why hasn't anyone reflected on the making and death of TBM. It had a similar lifespan as Classic Mode and seems to me like it died for the same reason. Not enough pre-planning. If they don't make their modes, scrolls, clothes, exo's OR CAN EVEN BE IN CHARGE OF SUPERSEDING said content to guide the game in the right direction what does ANYONE with power in this game actually do besides host recycled events and tournaments?

I recall living with AB longer than that but sure why not. Not the point of the discussion. Thank you for the history lesson, which Wiki did you look that up on?

thank you, for more word of mouth key information not available in-game or accessible through any means otherwise since theirs no wiki.

Just because it isn't standard doesn't mean Rumble doesn't need one. Yes, I can make a Wiki. I can also make a scroll, I can also make clothes, I can make exo's, modes, loading screens, etc. wdf does anyone who gets paid do anymore?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

When you get free samples how often do you buy what you tried? Answer: you dont, you enjoy it and walk away.

Also not sure Im interpreting that right but it kinda sounds like you agree that the devs shouldnt listen to the community. Just saying the devs/hosts cant really control how we receive products especially when the community has been mentally conditioning themselves to hate literally everything they see for no reason. "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" as they say.

Attack Booster came out in the last year-ish of OGP, 2ish years after things like Lightning and a year or so after Cyclone/Kingpin. I was playing during these periods of time so I just remember what was new and going on at the forums.

9. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

No.

10. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hey guys,

I went through a couple of these posts and thought I'd just make a quick input on some topics :

• "First" Loading Disconnections : If you were referring to the disconnection where your client will just close at Loading Screen, this issue is a bit wonky. This issue happens more often with some other accounts/computers. If you are still experiencing this issue, I encourage you to submit a ticket in with your computer specifications so that we can find a root cause of this issue. A few months back, I did create a thread that was meant to gather more details on each and every crash/disconnection that occured. I forwarded that thread over already, but it appears that I need to do it again.
    • Slow Loading : Generally, loading speeds are based on what drive your Rumble Fighter folder is in. If it's in a hard drive, you can expect to have a fairly slow loading speed. I strongly recommend you get a SSD (Solid State Drive) whether it's Internal or External to drastically improve your computer's performance if you have not already done so. There are also other factors that may lead to slow loads, such as insufficient RAM.
    • Text Disappear : This issue I believe only comes up in Boss Mode loading screens. If you choose to type while loading for a Boss Mode, your text will either be cut half off or entirely blank. The only fix (although unreliable), is currently to mash the ENTER key during your next load in. I say this fix is unreliable due to the fact that it'll only sometimes work. Still, this issue is quite annoying, seeing how you have to remain silent for the entire loading process. I'm forwarding this issue in.
    • Graphics : This issue is more of my own personal pet peeve, but I am sure it bugs other players as well. Sometimes, the animation of an item would just stop working, does not appear or would just look weird. When you tweak the graphics settings of the game (such as with NVIDIA), you may also notice that the client would turn "dark" when it switches the stage (from square to Wide Mode). It would say "Changing Stage" but you actually go in-game, you hear the animations but you can't move at all. There's also a blank bar at the right side of the client. This issue occurs during the Scoreboard (where it switches from Wide Mode back to Square), where you hear the points being calculated, but you can't do anything.
    qwwqwe.JPG

11. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

download (13).png
    i get frequent disconnects on loading screens. Mainly in 1v1s though but still frequent in public rooms

12. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Thanks for this man. The disconnections are client crash/close when loading, as described above right?

Do you think you can provide a dxdiag image as well? (Start Menu > Type "dxdiag")

13. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

download.png
    and yeah it just closes without any error or message

14. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

It could, but they would need to push hard in advertising for new players, and outfit them quickly against rare-hoarders if they want traffic to stick around.

There would need to be a coordinated effort to protect and help new players grow before subjecting them to the wolves in Free.

Up to Nimonix though~ It's a fun game, but not the only one~ It's obvious the name of the game right now is "lootbox everything until we are physically incapable of lootboxing any further."

Props to Redfox for holding it down though. They're easily the best host to ever hold this game, and learned from history.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  15. Rawsta

Rawsta Clean Up Crew

RF fam keep up the player base keep playing it needs more advertising

16. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

nothing will change. Assuming some autist decides to install this game, they will probably delete it within 30 minutes.
    Although, it would be nice to see the amateur channel revived so i can farm some easy carats >:)

17. ASSPRO

ASSPRO New Member

Yes !!!!!!!!

18. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

You do know why players are toxic af right? It's because they treated their players like cash cow in the first place. They still do.

19. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

New players need to be in amateur mode they should really push for amateur mode... or they should add something into the game that doesn’t let u play certain levels until you reach that level. For example, anyone level 1-25 can’t face people other players higher then level 25....idk but first they need more players anyways...

20. Androids18

Androids18 New Member

Only if they stop all the hack and ban all the hacker and ddoser!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.