Chip War cpt gain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dropbox, Feb 5, 2016.

?

Gaining the Chip War contribution point and mining would require you to:

1. Loot an HMS / Get a kill from the other race / Be the Chip-breaker

94.7%
  2. Stay logged-in and AFK because you want to be in the ranking list without doing anything

2.6%
  3. Stay neutral because I don't know what this is about

2.6%
  1. Dropbox

Dropbox Member

Hi there, RedFox staff members. I love the idea of the CPT deduction but could you also add the following?

In every win in Chip Wars, gaining the 5,000 cpt. and mining would require at least one of the following:
    • Obtain a Holymental Scanner (HMS)
    • Become a Chip Breaker
    • Get a kill from the other races
    This would lessen AFK-cpt farmers from getting into the ranking list and at the same time lessen their chances in becoming a top player. (Which is good, since there will *be prizes!)

This is how it should be, because it's stupid to see people jump from rank to rank from AFKing and getting the cpts out of nowhere. It would also be absurd to see people become top players without doing real PvP, they get the prizes and now what? AFK in HQ again without participating in CWs or PvPs and be on top? Come on guys, do some real PvP! :D:p

Changes in GvG poll from Demented:
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/change-gvgs.336/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Erene likes this.
  2. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

3. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Yea requiring a HMS is the way to go with the new CP system, agreed

4. Justice

Justice Member

They also need to increase the dalant reward. That way people have more incentive to attend CW and it will help Drivers and Strikers with their costs.

5. ImaDoki

ImaDoki Member

I believe the 5k CPT should be just taken out.

Both GvG and Chip Wars being taken out makes a problem surge, since when you kill someone you get only half the CPT the person who died loses. (to those who doesn't know, if i kill someone and that person loses 1000 CPT, i only win 500 CPT.).
    Following that, if people doesn't get CPT from GvG and Guild Wars, CPT serverwide would only tend to drop, since quests are also limited.
    To fix this last problem, if this happens to be, i'd suggest to equalize the win/lose of CPT (if the person who died loses 1000 cpt, i would win 1000 cpt) and done, server would be balanced again.

6. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

CW CP gain should still exist that way (as you said, imadoki) the server CP continues to increase on average. Modifying the GvG is a must tho... If they set CW to require looting a HMS then that would solve the CW issue. They'd have to at least get off there ass and go to crag mine instead of just afking at ether.

7. MAKINA

MAKINA Member

But how much of the actual problem would be solved tho? I agree, should HMS return, but you'll have the 1st push with a lot of players, but as soon as they get their hands on the HMS, they'll port out to HQ and wait. To me, the CW problem has to be fixed by changing the HMS system, but also by changing the chip or HSK loots, or the CB rewards. Maybe the mining rewards also, but idk, since players can still stay at hq and wait for it to be over.

vandd and Poddy like this.
  8. Escotb024

Escotb024 Member

Peharps just those who were near the chip, that has been destroyed, or had at least 50% of the time of the cw near it should get the reward and be allowed to gather ores in the core.

9. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

Some low levels can't even get a single kill but contribute to DPS and clearing guards. Collecting a HMS should do fine

Corssa, NINJAFoxHound and Dan like this.
  10. superbaste89

superbaste89 New Member

- For CW, i'm agree that the players need to get a HMS for mining ; it will not stop CP leechers AFK waiting in HQ for mining but it will reduce at least people who spam x5 alts in core for mining x)
    >>> Get HMS would be : Possible mining + possible get 5k Cp if win (If people AFK in HQ and no get HMS = 0)

- Kill x1 on the other race: bad idea, something in CW there is no opposition at all, it can be also another form of boyott from the other race in case of 1v2 (even if ofc, it's possible to pop an alt for it)

11. KickleePrime

KickleePrime New Member

+1 for the come back of HMS for allow mining + gain 5k cpt in case of win in CW = Bye bye people who spam alts via VM Ware in core x)

12. Erene

Erene Active Member

Make this happen, please. Players would definitely enjoy PVP more if this gets implemented. And getting 5,000cpt from doing nothing is a joke anyway, It's a bad idea when you give prizes to top ranking players.

13. LominiEQ

LominiEQ Member

Guys you still forget, that farming HMS is so easy. Go to your chip -> go red - > hit some bell close to guards with aoe - > profit - > go afk to hq

14. Erene

Erene Active Member

True, but it can stop or lessen cpt farmers, players who are only after the cpt and do not join any kind of PvP in-game just to be on top from getting the contribution points.

15. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

I always thought it was unfair dying to a character with low CPT by a lucky last-hit and lose an absurd amount of CPT. Sometimes it takes a whole day of PvP just to get back the CPT lost in 1 death, it's kinda frustrating.

IMO to receive the CPT reward from the Chip War it should be mandatory to loot the HMS, there's people that just AFK in the HQ 24/7 to collect CPT, and that's just stupid. While it isn't enough it should help a bit.

What's the point of having a GvG between guilds of the same race? It's usually just one OP guild per race anyway. It should be between guilds of different races, a GvGvG between all 3 races would be fun (that's pretty much a CW but more coordinated). But yes, definitely remove the CPT reward from the current GvG.

16. RiscaFaca

RiscaFaca Member

Even if someone get HMS and back to HQ then afk, there still some players that is really afk during cw.
    HMS required to win 5k+mining, sounds really good like old times.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Demented likes this.
  17. Dropbox

Dropbox Member

Bumping this thread, this needs to be recognized.

18. Poddy

Poddy Member

I think your onto something here with that I think implementing different loots from the chip for example Elementals (permanent ones) or Supply Boxes or Leon Boxes or Jewellery boxes or some of loots which would really drive players to attending ChipWar in getting the KS and reaping the rewards, Mining Potions to increase mining drop from chip too - very low chance but you surely would see more people there. In some ways it would combat someone running 6 alts to core to mine if your rocking mining rate pots etc.

MAKINA likes this.
  19. Inexorable

Inexorable Member

I agree with maybe implementing certain things, however elementals, leon boxes, and supply boxes are kinda imba already, and that just means the dominant race will fast forward ahead even further with these items

Demented likes this.
  20. Poddy

Poddy Member

Obviously this would be on a very low drop rate 1-2 or not at all im just proposing a few things other than current loots, im much in favour of a rework for ChipWar and the CP and overall rewards outcomes of it.