About the new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by excaliber, Feb 17, 2016.

1. excaliber

excaliber Member

I see a lot of people making suggestions about what THEY would like. I guess they are trying to change things to give themselves an advantage? They certainly have not thought out some points though.

Firstly I think we all know that at some point this server will merge, If they change anything related to levelling it would put the players at a disadvantage as their ability to gain higher levels will certainly be restricted or at the very least it will take longer.

Second point is that if they change anything then your money , should you use the cash shop would not be worth as much as it would be on the other server. So you would pay the same for less (not a great business model really and this is at the end of the day a business).

Third point is that I get the feeling that a lot of old players will be moving to the new server for various reasons ...... As for actual NEW players ... probably not that many will start the game (some advertising is out there but nothing that compelling, more the type of thing that may attract interest from old RF players)! So the reason why people move is going to be the same reason the left the other server in the first place.......

I have seen many 'NEW' server launches over the years and the same thing happens ... people that think they will be able to dominate move over... people that are not doing too well move over thinking they will do better ... people that are not enjoying the current server move over in the hope the game will get better ......Nearly all the people are OLD players , the NEW players don't stay too long anyway as the game itself has certain complications and the lack of a real guide for players does not help (unless you are a native of certain countries where RF is a big thing).

Just my views on new game servers for RF Online (there have been so many and they all end up the same!).

Hopefully the server itself will be stable and they will pursue and ban all exploiters/cheats/gold sellers and buyers / account sharers , etc. etc.

Darkon001, F4yth and Dan like this.
  2. Datculi

Datculi New Member

I think it's better if the new server last around 1 year and merge into the old server..then open a new server again and another 1 year merge again..

3. Dan

Dan Active Member

That's how it has been in the past and that's exactly the way you destroy one server after another and make people quit. Merge a nice server into another one that is full of dupes and flyhacked/glitched chars. Stupid idea.

excaliber and Demented like this.
  4. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Oi oi, sometimes the servers last 1.5 years :O
    Joke aside, merging is a business solution. They cannot simply say "Hey, you know those chars you spent so much time and money on? Well now your server is dead, if you wanna play go on the other one."
    Merging is a way to make people who stopped playing (and paying) come back. Companies will always take decisions that make the customers come back.

A merge will happen, sooner or later.

excaliber likes this.
  5. Darkon001

Darkon001 Member

don’t merge too soon, Make levelling, upgrading count. Ban and control as much as possible to maintain the money investment and time investment of people as much as possible and enjoyment, hardlocking max level for a time, can be an option too. Before the merge provide a proper retirement event or a continuation event through dialogue and communication with the playerbase.
    The game becomes so grindy after a point that is almost impossible to continue. Some people stay some people give up some people cheat their way to the top. Too many things can be said about all this. I have found that its easier to accept change when things are just not forced to you and support and a enjoyment exist up to that point and there is a healthy teamplay between ingame friends/parties.

excaliber and Dan like this.
  6. MAKINA

MAKINA Member

I've been saying the same stuff the OP has said since this threads started to pop up. The servers will eventually merge and both servers have be equal in every single way (except for limited time events, which the new server will probably have more). For us this is a game, for RedFox (which i just noticed that the abbreviation of RedFox is RF, so this is the RF RF Oficial Server) it is a business and every single decision that is going to be made has to be made with that in mind.

And the dupe/gligh argument... it is a illusion to think that the new server won't have them.

excaliber likes this.
  7. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, but on a fresh server it will take a bit more time before there are items worth duping & glitches worth exploiting. Also, what people look after the most is the 1-50 "lowbie" rush, rather than that :p

excaliber, MAKINA and Darkon001 like this.
  8. excaliber

excaliber Member

Seems we pretty much all agree that they will merge the server.......

So they open a new one... The people from the new one will either quit or move to the new new server (yes I did say NEW 2 times on purpose ). Because they don't want to play on the old server and it would seem for good reason! ... Now they could slow down the xp and make the quests viable again as people have suggested (removing returnee weapons I think was the main feature)..... Then if they do merge the server to square things up they could do a month of super XP to make up for the lower rate. The real question is just how serious are Red Fox about the new server ... new experience or just more of the same?