A good ol' forum post about... the forum.

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello!

Forum requests have been tumbling in, so we're making a thread to compile your requests and suggestions!

Edit: I forgot to mention, since we are focusing on Account Transfers and getting the game up and running, the suggestions in these threads will be compiled and reviewed once higher priority tasks are dealt with. Thanks for understanding!

Edit 2: I don't know if any one still follows this thread, but I deleted ALL irrelevant posts, to cut clutter in case we need to reference this post in the future. Thanks for understanding.

(Visual) Signatures: The most asked about. They're on the way! We'll expect to make them available after some adjustments within the next two weeks.

More Categories: Creative Corner, Matchmaking, etc. If you would like to suggest a new category for the Rumble Fighter forum, please tell us your suggested Category name, along with it's (would-be) function.

Example:
    Category Name: Gourdy Shrine
    Function: To pay tribute to Gourdy I guess?

Becoming a Forum Moderator: Getting a lot of questions about this as well. Thank you, really, to all the people who sent a ticket asking about this. Your enthusiasm is appreciated! When we are looking for moderators, though, we'll let you guys know. Thanks for understanding.

Anything Else(?)
    : If there's any other requests regarding forums you'd like to see happen, please let us know and we'll see what we can do. Keep it reasonable, though.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

Hype incoming
    Matchmaking
    Function: Settle in game disputes with more lax moderation and plan tournaments
    I cannot stress the lax moderation enough
    If you attempt to strictly enforce rules like no personal insults it always ends up in downfall for both the company and the players

tinytinytintin and Windstorm like this.
  3. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

Subsection: Matchmaking
    Function: Coordinating 1v1 matches between players and organizing tournaments.

4. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Basically to sum everything up we need

-Matchmaking:To organize matches.

-Guilds: Promote your guild and find new recruits here!

-Suggestions:Share your ideas to improve Rumble Fighter here.
    Exocore: Share your Exocore designs and suggestions here.
    Scrolls: Share your scroll designs and suggestions here.
    Clothing: Share your Clothing designs and suggestions here.
    Maps: Share your Map designs and suggestions here.
    Modes: Share your ideas and designs of new game modes here.

-Artistic Corner:Artist, come here and share your art!
    Rumble Fighter Art: Share your Rubmle Fighter related art worth here.
    Random Art:Share your random artwork here.
    Art shops:Open are shops here.

Event:Main RedFox events.
    -Player events:Have an event? Host it here.
    -Event ideas:Have an idea for an event? Post it here.

-Trading Corner:Set up trades here.

-Bug Report: Report bugs here.

[GUIDES]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    tinytinytintin, Windstorm and Electra like this.
  5. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

Subsection: Guilds
    Function: Coordinating Guild Wars and organizing ones Guild.

Subsection: Creative Corner
    Function: Sharing game fanart and creating signatures for players.

6. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

I already sent a ticket regarding this but the sections are already listed here. Everything is pretty much self explanatory as long as the administration knows the basics of the game. Like suggestions having sub-sections for scrolls, exocores, maps, etc.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add player events / trading sections. Definitely need guides back. Not sure if "Game help + tips" is the same thing as player guides but yeah. Also surprised we received a notice so fast. Seemingly better than GC already despite the whole CEO thing.

7. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Category Name: Bug Bounty
    Function: Report Typos/Anoyyance bugs/And Exploits or help narrow down a bug. (Possibly reward user)
    Why? : Because This game is riddled with private exploits and public exploits an the only way to get this game out of beta is to start fixing its problems.

Category Name: Game Debate
    Function:
    • A place where we can talk about what should be illegal(Account sharing,tricks, ETC)
    • A place where we can talk about what should be buffed or nerfed(scroll exo evaluations)
    Why?: We need a non-Troll section to start balancing the game that encourages the community's opinion and not just the opinion of nimonix and game mods.

Category Name: Show it Off
    Function: Show off your new tricks/juggles/montages/Closet Video

If i can recommend something for a good way to start modding this game:
    • Make Guidelines for Exo's that outlines what deserves a patch/nerf/buff
    • Make Guidelines for Scrolls - that outlines what deserves patch/nerf/buff
    • Make Guidelines for unintended feature- What deserves to be legal(low jump-accepted)/illegal(4b-patched)
    • Make Guidelines for resets juggles- What reset deserves to to be be patched(Shadow Ninjutsu)/accepted(zin)
    • Make Guidelines for Avalon
    Guidelines will solve many problems like they do with events and will also keep you from wasting Nimonix developers small intention spans on patching resets that are relatively advance and require skill and add to the depth of the game.

8. [GM]Gourdy

I'm going to be asking some questions regarding your suggestions to see where we can cut clutter and determine if it's really necessary, or if a category could double up in terms of functions.

9. wizjuni

wizjuni Member

ADD A YOUTUBE VIDEOS SECTION! WE HAVE ALOT OF GREAT VIDEO CREATORS...WE NEED OUR OWN SECTION...

tinytinytintin likes this.
  10. Demonflamex

Demonflamex Active Member

I appreciate you getting back to us and giving us a response. Also I like the fact that you are taking our input instead of copy and pasting from the other forums, it shows that you guys care. But as far as forum sections goes....

Category Name: Suggestions (A section for players to create user made content for the game)
    Sub Category's within Suggestions section
    -Scrolls
    -Classes
    -Exocores
    -(Could potentially break it down even further such as: class specific)
    -Clothing
    -(Could potentially break it down even further such as: tops, sets, accessories, etc.)
    -Maps
    -Modes
    -Miscellaneous (Anything that doesnt fit in the other categories)

Category Name:Creative section(A section for players to create art and post custom made media about the game)
    Sub Category's within Creative Section:
    -Screenshots
    -Artwork
    -Videos

Category Name:Matchmaking (A section for players to meet up and schedule times to fight)
    Sub Category's within Matchmaking:
    -1 on 1
    -Match planning

Category Name: Guilds (A section for players to advertise their guild in the game and accept new members)
    Sub Category's within Guilds:
    -Guild promotions (Player to player advertising to get others to join their guilds)
    -Alliances (A section where guilds of all types can meet up to discuss topics and join together for events, etc.)

Category Name: Support (A section for players to get help or report errors about the technical aspects of the game)
    Sub Category's within Support:
    -Bug reports
    -Guides about the game
    -Technical support

11. Elliptic

Elliptic Best Dressed

Matchmaking without moderation for exposures,beef and trash talking.
    Thanks!

12. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Good job :D. Thanks for caring about the forums so early on.

13. [GM]Gourdy

Interesting, but would players actively go to the player events page to find events they might be interested in, or would it be easier to have player events nested in respective categories they would have visited anyway?

EX: A player hosted art event in the art corner, so people who go there already can see any player events.

Can you elaborate? If person A posts a trade and person B posts a "I'll buy dat frum u". Person B could still scam person A and delete their forum post. :/

14. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Players would go to the event section to see which event they are interested in. As for the trading section, Person A posts a trade option and person B posts "I will buy that from you". Person B could scam, but this is where RedFox has to get introduced into the "trading agreement". When two players are trading on Rumble Fighter Player A has to whisper player B agreeing to trade the items and if player B scams player A reports it to RedFox and RedFox can decide to ban the scammer and give player A his credits back. Thanks for responding [GM]Gourdy. I will answer any questions you have fast and respectively :D

EDIT: Guide for trading is here: http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/proper-trading-format.1495/

Also, like Tides said. We can't stop scamming in this game without a trading system which Nimonix hasn't made yet and maybe RedFox can push for it, but the Trade section can allow users to find possible legit trades and most people on RF now a days know whose a scammer and whose not.

15. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

The point of the Trade Section isn't to stop scamming at all, but it does make finding a trade easier as you can spread your offer easier. It's also annoying when people post in General Discussion about their offer.

16. Demonflamex

Demonflamex Active Member

Also speaking on the topic of forum moderators I feel that if you guys are interactive enough it wont be needed. The reason there was player forum moderators for the last host was because people kept begging for the position and because the staff was lazy when it came to moderating the forums regularly on their own.

The main reason players are requesting this position is to obtain special privileges within the game. If the need for forum moderators are absolutely necessary I request that you have a strict policy/Interviewing process when it comes to bringing regular players into the whole supervising role (even if its just an online gaming forum). I know it might seem extra but you dont want to make the mistake of letting a couple of 15-16 year olds run your forums. Because I have seen some player forum moderators in the past who have single handily killed a forum.

Also on a side note, GM's do not let some of these players fool you, most of them have a track list of breaking the rules. So please dont make the mistake of letting first impressions here fool you into giving players positions of power.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  17. [GM]Gourdy

We cannot make a category specifically to dodge RedFox's Terms of Service, sorry.

18. [GM]Gourdy

Hm, I see, thanks! If this does get implemented, we would probably have to make the actual transactions pretty laissez-faire.

19. [GM]Gourdy

This will likely fall into any creative section we make!

20. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.