[5/15/2018] What's New?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Patch Notes' started by [GM]Gourdy, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynelewy

waynelewy New Member

Lol ram hard enough. That was funny. I suppose spam ramming can be pretty effective on moon. Many people including me stopped caring about level once they took ranking gems that accompanied numeric level out of the UI :(. After that, level became pretty irrelevant for the most part after getting nanmu and saver/assassin.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    toons and Nooblater like this.
  2. waynelewy

waynelewy New Member

They're actually doing that? That's scrub-like tactics coming from a pro if they create smurf accounts just for that LOL

toons and Nooblater like this.
  3. MightyGunvolt

MightyGunvolt Member

Whats New you ask? oh I'll tell you "Whats New" Redfox... New bugs and More boxes.

4. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

Last night, I was playing some glacier and the whole room d/ced, one by one on the 2nd round. It was as if the RF Gods were hand picking the next fool to get booted. I prayed that I wouldn't be chosen... the RF Gods heard my prayers... and that is the story on how I got first place ;).

5. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Is this a new version of a "Pardon our Dust" update ?

Cause I will not.

6. BassDDDrop

BassDDDrop Member

Listen up guys if u want to fix RF just do as i say in just 3 Simple steps ur game will run like new.
    First Continuously purchase RC til u got about 40000
    Second after they take that i think 400000 dollars (assuming at least 10 ppl did this) just Wait
    LAstly: OnCe U HaVe GiVen Them ThE StaCKS THeY ShouLD (SHOULD) Be ABLE TO BE RID OF BUGS.

Ps. so when the update was going on (with that fOckin 2131 update) is this what ppl did they posted Comments?

Nooblater likes this.
  7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Reboot/sequel = less content in total because brand new game and is therefore taking steps backwards. Also do keep in mind the average fighting game stops receiving character updates shortly after it's release whereas we are going 10 years straight of updates every 2ish weeks, a feat other fighting games could only dream of. Like we outlived 2 Marvel games so something's being done right.
    Avalons are semi-P2W because I rarely spend a cent on this game but I've managed to get a 15 socket Avalon with tons of pretty good gems via combining garbage gems from the 3k chests. If their avalon is really decked it's not hard to play smarter, I used to see people Avalon stacking with HG-A1 all the time so I speak from experience when I say it's still very beatable. If anything the game used to be far more pay2win in the early days of 90str + Sage because the average scroll just couldn't keep up.
    Connection issues are player-to-player. Redfox can't really do much about people's sucky wifi.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    NeoStrayFox, Shana and toons like this.
  8. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Don't know if anyone noticed but they added a display in the enchant window that lets you see which items are perm/timed.

Now you don't have to guess and cry in agony when you happen to shove the gem(s) into timed clothing.

Shana and toons like this.
  9. toons

toons Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are other exo changes besides the one for summer samurai?

Shana likes this.
  10. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

nice! I had this happen to me before, where I put my +5 SPD gem into a timed glove

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

So this update is making me download 2000+ files... twice...

toons and Shana like this.
  12. wisnel

wisnel New Member

Like fr I ain't going through all that

13. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

the struggles we go through to play a dying game that we all secretly hope will come back to life again

Bl1tz, waynelewy, toons and 1 other person like this.
  14. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

Gotta love that they create all these login/dc issues during a Login event where connection matters more than ever.

I swear the entertainment comes more from watching how this game is handled than actually playing.

Which is good cause I just logged in and there was legit 3 rooms lmfao

waynelewy likes this.
  15. waynelewy

waynelewy New Member

Avalon "semi P2W?" I really dont know how to respond to that. Even my brother who is an avid avalon user has agreed with me multiple times that it has helped to further break RF. And he isn't the only avalon user that has agreed with me. and plenty others who say this. I can't really take you serious if you're really going to say that OG RF was more P2W than the current new gen state. That's just ridiculously absurd. If there is a general consensus of players stating connection issues, then it's the GAME, and not the players for the most part.

And when I say REBOOT, I mean starting over and building a NEW iteration back up with different mechanics and such. A new perspective with fresh content, visuals, and physics can draw players new and old in. You're misunderstanding what I mean by reboot. I don't mean that they should scrap the current game and start over using the SAME game with all of the same old gen items. Also, it "outlived" 2 Marvel games with a low player base. Comparing RF success/sustainability to Marvel's success/sustainability is silly. It makes more sense to compare RF to Lost Saga or GetAmped 2. Like I said, I play for about a couple of weeks every year or so, and I notice how the room count gets smaller and smaller every time. Even on GC, there used to be 4-5 pages of rooms. Currently I usually see 2, or 3 on a lucky day. Nevermind on OGP there used to be 8+ pages of rooms on free, even rooms in respective amateur-semi pro-pro channels, and also GWing and such. You don't see this in RF now.

You're a fool if you really think that this game is still sustainable. It's not about maintaining an already dwindling player base. It's about building upon it. And with your views, RF will RIP sooner than later. I just want to state my views because this game was and STILL can be fun to play. There's a part of me that still cares about this game a lot, I think it's for nostalgic reasons. I won't forget when I was only 10 years old in 2007 when I first played RF. It was pretty much the only game that would be on my mind for at least 2-3 years besides Pokemon, and not to mention it was one of the things that kept me out of trouble as I lived in a bad neighborhood.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    toons likes this.
  16. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

Don't worry, no one takes @Tengu too seriously. I personally think he's a genius troll like me.

Avalon is OP no doubt. I use one, but it's mostly set up just to enhance my experience. I put exp+ and carat+ gems into it etc., people who jam their avalon full of Str+ and Crit+ gems are pussies imo

waynelewy and Tengu like this.
  17. Shana

devil shadow can d/c whole room

this is blade spirit all over again lol

WhoYu, Flamekiller and toons like this.
  18. ughene

ughene Clean Up Crew

Congrats you lost another player :D

19. Shana

Yeah those boxes have the worst rates

I hear it takes millions of carats to even have a reasonable chance at getting Full-Impact

toons, Nooblater and Flamekiller like this.
  20. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

Never trusted boxes, never will.

toons likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.