[ᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ] Sacred Scroll & Set: Trigger

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Prizmo, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Yo! You want this scroll fully in-game or what?

1. Do you not see how awesome this scroll is? Of course I do!

90.0%
  2. No, I'm too lame to wield such raw power..

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Credit
    @Gonsegon for guidance with animations.
    @SajinShasaya for inspiration with scroll.
    YohDreams for button input.
    iHumza for the set design!
    All animations are done by me unless stated otherwise.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    Scroll Description
    Prizmo fought for the Guardians, but was never able to unlock the hidden potential within and thus caused his team to fail an important mission. Because of this, he was looked down upon and was forced to leave the front lines. It was only after finding his friends brutally injured by members of the Dark Guardians, he lashed out at the dark guardians, all of them rendered useless to defend against his fast attacks and energy manipulation techniques. Defeating their army all on his own, he unlocked this laten power. Break through your limits and level up! Created by Prizmo.

Price: Scroll: 1,100rc
    Set with scroll: 2,100rc

Class:
    All classes
    Created and developed by IGN: Prizmo.

Creator's Words
    Revived from an old project, this new style mixes different martial arts, including "Ansatsuken" (Assassin's fist), and utilizes them to create adaptive pressure while also maintaining a defensive side. I used a few characters - Terry Bogard, M. Bison, Rouga Zanma, Charlie Nash, Kyo Kusanagi, K', Akuma, Evil Ryu, Ken Masters, Rugal, Dee Jay, Rock Howard, and Susano'o (who is my personal favorite) - to put together a scroll with defensive capabilities and offensive ones. I used bits and pieces from in-game scrolls such as Abyss, Fearless, Blood Wind Ninjutsu, and Telos. I loved Rumble Fighter for years, so I figured why not contribute in a cool way? I'm mainly a moon player myself, and I do love a good PvP match every now and then, but I didn't just base Trigger off of my casual gameplay, I got feed back from others and what they wanted in a scroll. I figured I'd apply these ideas to my scroll. I tried my best not to overstuff the scroll with useless gimmicks and redundant combos. I wanted to make a scroll that could respond to all situations.

Fun fact: My favorite anime of all time is “Gurren Lagann”, followed by “Kill La Kill”. Both of which were produced by the studio called “Trigger”, and also inspired some elements of the scroll. The starry effects, the fighting spirit, down to the moves using centrifugal force like a drill, a central theme in Gurren Lagann!

I’ve worked hard with coming up with complete ideas for the entire scroll and set. It will feel incomplete if the scroll came without the set itself. A lot of my supporters actually love the set and have told me in-game that they’d love to own it, and this is how I view my Rumble Fighter character. This set was designed by me and iHumza (IGN: Senku), so when this is implemented, please gift him the set and scroll as well! This would mean everything to us!
    Thank you!

Head: Long locs (Shaman Exclusive)
    [​IMG]
    Description: Locs, similar to the Fresh Headband and Reggae hero hair styles, that come down to the back of the avatar, with two locs in the front that are dyed white.

Male Set:
    [​IMG]

Female set:
    [​IMG]
    Eyes:

[​IMG]
    Note: The biggest notable difference between the male and female set is the crop top shirt underneath the jacket. The female set exposes the bellybutton.

Set description:
    "Trigger Jacket" (Torso)
    Description: White crop jacket with shoulder armor. The undershirt underneath has chest plates as armor.
    Stats: Arm +3, STR+2, 1 Gem Socket.

"Trigger Pants" (Pants)

Description: Black baggy pants.
    Stats: Arm +2, SPD+ 3, 1 Gem Socket.

"Trigger Gauntlets" (Gloves)

Description: Arm gauntlets that have knuckle armor that come up to the elbow.
    Stats: 1 Gem Sockets, Arm +3

"Trigger Boots" (Shoes)
    Description: Boots that cover the entire foreleg.
    Stats: 2 Gem Sockets.

Accessories: Prizmo's mask.

Description: "Prizmo's mask"
    Stats: HP+100

Combo List!

[​IMG]
    Stance:
    [​IMG]
    Description
    : Naoto Kurogane's stance from the BlazBlue franchise. Rocks back and forth (similar to fearless), cracks neck, and crosses his arms and resumes stance.

Block: DeeJay's block.

[​IMG]
    Description: User lifts the left knee up and sort of scrunches him/herself to brace for an incoming attack.

DMG: No damage inflicted
    Overall Speed: Fast
    Angling Average: Average
    Miss/Input animation
    [​IMG]
    Success:
    [​IMG]
    Description: User puts up right arm, taunting their opponent to attack. If connected, user does a quick phase through the opponent.

DMG: 270
    Angling Average: Average
    Miss/Input animation
    [​IMG]

Success:

[​IMG]
    Description: User puts up right arm, taunting his/her opponent to attack. If connected, user does a right low sweep to trip opponent that will trigger a grab sequence, mid-air grab with left leg and throws the opponent with same left leg behind them. If the right low sweep does not connect, the entire move will not finish, and they will just spin around until they face the direction of the enemy. The opponent will bounce, making it possible to do a ground hit right after. This counter has the same properties as Hunter & Fearless' grab where as the enemy bounes.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    RagnaXBlade and NeoStrayFox like this.
  2. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Sword of Absolution
    Type: Far Knockback
    DMG: 600
    Color of effects (sword): white, if possible.

[​IMG]
    P: Left elbow (80 damage)
    P: Right spin backfist (120 damage)
    P: Left gut jab (140 damage)
    P: Left Spin Elbow (120 damage)
    P: Sword Attack (140 damage)

A five-hit knockback combo with a sword finisher with mid-range distance. The first input is basically Metatron Spear Exo’s first punch. The last attack initiates a spin knock back upon impact. The energy sword animation cannot be countered since it is not physical and is also AoE. The "slash" effect is similar Cancer Exo's attack effects in range and presentation.

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Rundown Assault
    DMG: 510
    Type: Fence edger
    Color of effects:

[​IMG]
    P: Right spin backfist (130 damage)

K: Jumping right kick (150 damage
    K: Two-Hit kick finishers (75 + 75 = 150)
    Five hitting fence edger combo. After the first two punch inputs, the user jumps with a spinning right kick, lifting the opponent into the air, and then finishing the opponent with two extra hits as the fourth input. The third kick is similar to Full Impact's third punch input. This is the scroll's only fence edger (excluding K+GK).

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Have a nice dream..
    DMG: 510
    Type: Far Knockback
    Color of effects: Black lighting
    Miss/Input animation for (G+K)

[​IMG]
    Success:
    [​IMG]
    P: Right spin backfist (130 damage)
    (G+K): Forward lunging grab (300 damage)
    This combo has high angling capabilities with a high knock back, and decent delay. The recovery is decent as well. After the first two punches, the user jumps forward grabs the opponent's face and slams them down to the floor, hitting it with an energy charge, and then proceeding to throw them away like a pile of garbage.

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Piston Kicks
    Type: Kick knockback combo
    DMG: 530
    Overall Speed: Moderate (first two kicks) to Fast (last three hits)

[​IMG]
    K: Right low kick (90 damage)
    K: Left double kick that hits twice (110 + 110 = 220 damage)
    K: Spin left right axe kick
    (60 damage)
    K: Right roundhouse (60 damage)
    K: Left kick (60 damage)
    This kick combo starts off as a right low kick then two left kicks for the second input, followed by an axe kick, right roundhouse, and a final kick that knocks back extremely far. Your basic go-to knockback kick combo.

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Muzzle Flash
    Type of attack: Far knockback combo
    DMG: 300
    Color of effects: Red

[​IMG]
    K: Low right kick (90 damage)
    P: Multi-hitting Energy Attack. [30]+[30]+[30]+[30]+[30]+[30]+[30] = (210 damage)

Low right kick, then user's eyes flash and performs a multi-hit energy move that knocks far. The second attack hits for a total of seven hits, and is AoE, thus it can catch more than one opponent if they are too close! This input also cannot be countered.

[​IMG]
    Second input animations are similar to Seven Knight's counter A special but with Sage's animations.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Flash Bang
    Type of attack: Guard Breaking Stun Launcher
    DMG: 420
    Color of effects: Red

[​IMG]
    K: Low right kick (90 damage)
    P: Multi-hitting Energy Attack. [60]+[60]+[60]+[60]+[60]+[60]+[60] = (420 damage)

Low right kick, then user charges up their attack. Their eyes flash and they perform a multi-hit energy move that breaks the opponent's block and stuns them.

[​IMG]
    Trigger Happy
    Type: Main Launcher
    DMG: 450
    Overall Speed: Moderate
    Color of effects: Black

[​IMG]
    K: Right low kick (90 damage)
    K: Left double kick that hits twice (110 + 110 = 220 damage)
    P: Bu Launcher (145 damage)
    A three-hit, fast reflex attack. Starts off with a right low kick followed by a two-hitting left kick and finishing with a spin overhead kick, causing the enemy to bounce up.

[​IMG]
    Trigger Style: Trick Shot
    DMG: 330
    Type: Reverse fence edge combo

[​IMG]
    P: Left elbow (80 damage,)
    G: Phase (No damage)
    K: Two hit fence (130 damage + 120 damage, first kick lifts)
    Angling is decent, while damage is mediocre. User throws an elbow, then phases quickly (similar to Raging Fist KG+G), then lifts the opponent with the right knee, and finishes with a double kick while in mid-air.
    [​IMG]

RagnaXBlade and NeoStrayFox like this.
  3. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The gun show's just beginning..
    DMG: 270
    Type of grab: Front Grab/Second Launcher

[​IMG]
    The scroll's second launcher, user grabs the opponent's head, slams it down to the ground, picks them up by their head, drops them slightly, then launches them into the air with a windmill-like left kick to set up a juggle. This is similar to Inferno’s grab whereas the user pins them down on the floor, but they get launched afterwards. The hurt animation is the spin animation.

References
    :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stay down!
    Type: Ground hit
    DMG: 120
    DMG (when opponent is standing):200

[​IMG]
    This ground hit is basically a grounded Hawkhunter KG with the same pace and Tengoryu Karate's K K+G but the leg is being swung at a 180 degree angle. User spins around and swings the left leg forward leg up and brings it down for a powerful strike, slamming their foot on the opponent. It also greats a ground stomp dust effect on impact like Fearless's kick input in PPKP. The intial step back taunt gives the player a boost in attack power that only lasts 10 seconds.

RagnaXBlade, Sazrei and NeoStrayFox like this.
  4. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Pros & Cons
    Pros
    • Has two main launchers, excluding the KP(hold) stun.
    • Flashy.
    • Has a lot of pressure game due to the grab being a launcher, the first of it's kind, the phase counter and the PGK phase move.
    • Does above average damage.
    • A lot of options for movement and mind game play (G+KP, PG)
    • Every combo has a purpose, whether that be to “edge” the opponent, deal MASSIVE damage, get them far away from you or simply get out of a tough spot.
    Cons
    • If you miss the K input in the counter, you're open to punishes.

5. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Update Log!
    12/23/16 - Trigger Posted! Too tired to finish.. We also got one supporter, so.. woo.
    12/23/16 - Updated PP(G+K) combo by adding a miss/input demonstration. Fixed some button animations that we're missing. Later fixed placing of Combo list, made KKKKK into KKK and moved it to match the template due to feedback (thx Ridley <3). Edited showcase button inputs (the inputs above combo name)
    12/24/16 - Woah, 6 votes on the first day. Thanks to those who voted!

1/2/17 - Did some editing. Changed up the second and third punches in PPPP, as well as adjusted PP(G+K) and its miss input demonstration. Added new effect to PPPP's last lunch. Removed old grab and made a new frontal one. Removed KKK and added back KKKKK. Updated damage on (G+K) in PP(G+K) by 20. Added dummy demonstration to counter P variation. Updated descriptions to counter, grab, PPPP, and KKKKK. Our first "No" supporter goes to @FUCKNIGGERS. Now obviously this is an alt or someone who is insensitive and must be a Trump Supporter.
    1/11/17 - Changed third punch in PPPP. Moved the counter demonstrations above description (they were below them which made no sense, lol). Changed P(G+K)K to PGK so inputing the combo should feel more comfortable. Edited the Counter P in order to signify that the phase happens at the same time as the regular counter blowback animation. Edited scroll template yet again, spaced out the combos to give it more of an "in-game" look. Obviously removed P(G+K)K combo and replaced it with PGK.
    1/13/17 - Changed the stance to Akuma's stance from SF4. Felt like the combos would come out weird due to the stance for the longest, but I'd never change it due to me never finding another stance I liked and I loved Oni's stance. I might change it back if people like it.
    1/25/17 - Edited some descriptions in the first half of the post. Changed PPPP from knock back/fence to just knockback. Edited grab and PGK animations.

2/1/17 - Sawp. Made third kick into a bu launch to give more versatility to the scroll. There was a little confusion as to how it would work in the first place. Plus, it's just hella satisfying to see that. Made the phase input in PGK to stagger the opponent, but not damage.
    2/23/17 - Been busy at work so mb. Uhhhh, edited the counter K description.
    5/7/2020 - IM BACK AND IM BETTER. New combos! Reverted KKKKK to it's original form. Redone KP combo, now does more hits (looks flashy). Reanimated the grab, now launches! About three more changes coming till the scroll is complete. Excited!
    5/8/2020 - New punch combo (PPPK) Stayed up ALL NIGHT doing animations..I am so tired. Q_Q
    5/9/2020 - New backgrab and stance! Minor changes to the post descriptions as well.
    5/10/2020 - Made the PGK combo faster (the last two kicks).
    Scroll is 100% done!
    5/11/2020 - Edited some descriptions.
    5/13/20 - noticed the price said “cc” instead of rc lol.
    5/14/20 - Male set added!
    5/15/20 - Added set and pack prices (might adjust later)
    5/17/20 - PP(G+K) animation redone. Fun fact, I originally wanted this form of the grab, but I couldn't find the file or program for it for so long so I gave up. This took me a couple of hours to make, but it was worth it! Also edited the set description.
    5/18/2020 - Added set price!
    5/21/2020 - edited some descriptions for the devs.
    5/30/20 - Readded and edited the punch combo, not sure how I left it out lol. Edited some descriptions.
    6/5/2020 - Edited some descriptions again. Mainly references for details.
    6/8/2020 - New punch animations! I realized that the first two punches were identical to Agent's first two punches.
    6/9/2020 - New KG animations: KG+P and KG+K (groundhit)!
    6/12/2020 - added “color of effects” to certain moves with effects.
    6/22/2020 - Added some more details to certain moves for a better reference. The sets will be coming sooner than later!
    7/4/2020 - Added some new texts and references.
    7/9/2020 - Added a KP(CHARGED) stun launcher command input. Upped the damage on all combos, they were pretty low.
    7/21/2020 - Made some reference changes as well as decription changes and added spoilers.
    7/30/2020 - Moved the set information to the top of the post and condensed it.
    8/6/2020 - Edited some descriptions againnnn.
    8/21/2020 & 8/22/2020 - FINALIZED?
    And somehow, we back.
    1/14/2024 - Removed PPPPK, KG+K and KGP is replaced with KG making it one input. Edited some descriptions of certain moves, story, and creators words. Reworked the second punch. Added speed to some frames in edited moves. Removed Backgrab.
    Trigger is now finalized.

RagnaXBlade, MroppaZ, iHumza and 2 others like this.
  6. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

hot.

Prizmo likes this.
  7. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

Thhose input is gonna be so hard for me to remember.Beside that I might as well support, so people dont get butthurt. But fr tho this looks awesome, nice animation lol

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Prizmo likes this.
  8. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Thx bby .
    It will take practice, but just think about grabbing the person after the first two punches. Thx 4 da support.

SacredSwordJr likes this.
  9. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

Hi, it's ya boy. I'm typing this on my phone in my bed so some things my not make sense, so just ask for clarification yo

Counter: I'd say keep one of them or find a way to combine them. Because most likely knowing nimonix (or nimX for short) they'll add in a small recovery time in the g+KP phase through, giving your opponent a chance to react. g+kk on the other hand look OK, but then when you think about it, what's really the difference between grabbing this way and using default grab (g+p) after a counter? If you're on moon sure the direction you throw them matters but in a 1v1 scenario a grab is a grab.

Why is the combo list posted after the counters? Format issues?

Punch combo: pretty solid, basic. I don't an elbow hit lifting up an opponent though, unless you mean like Darksider's third hit?( if you delay it)

Ppg+k: to make it clearer you should make the last move a grab, instead of the same elbow hit. It still passes as a grab substitute though. As for the grab itself I think it's a little too flashy. Like a flashy upgrade to inferno's grab. Maybe reduce it so it either knocks them to the ground or sends them flying?

KP: simple. I like it.

Kkp: I suggest changing the inputs to kkg+k. It seems off how the last input is a punch but the move is a (double) kick. But pretty good overall.

PG+kk: seems wonky, very hit or miss. Not a big fan of it personally. I'd prefer a simple knock back or even a stun launcher over a fence edger. But a simple phase through with amazing recovery will do well too.

Kick combo: Most definitely nimX will either combine the last three hits into one or cut this move all together. I just don't think it's possible, like if you delay the fourth input, what happens? Does the opponent magically fly into the air for the hit or if the third hit misses can they just walk away from you all together?. I think it's best if you make this into a kkk combo.

Grab: animation looks wonky after reading it I get it. Maybe turn it to an uppercut then kick? Iunno.

Overall it's a good suggestion in the rough. There's improvements can be done. But you should pay attention to the fact that right now you have 3 grabs and two phase through moves. Those aren't bad, but it's the sign of an overloaded kit. And we all know how much the RF community love op scrolls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NeoStrayFox and Prizmo like this.
  10. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Lol no biggie.

- Sh*t, I did that on purpose but that makes sense.
    - I'll edit the counter if need be, but I see what you mean. I think I should make it phase through the opponent, making them do that animation they do when pushed, (DOT's V special that pushes ppl back).
    - Hmm.. That makes a lot of sense.
    - Upper cut kick?

Thanks for the input, Rid! Would have taken me a while to see these errors.

edit: fixed most of the things you listed, also the elbow wasn't supposed to lift, typing error. Lols.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  11. tinythe2ndplace

tinythe2ndplace Well-Known Member

third punch should be changed to uppercut and second punch might have to be changed as well because the animation is bad. don't bother trying to suggest any important information through text because nimonix will not read it and they will make the transitions clunky

ppg+k looks good but is mostly a useless combo right now. consider turning it into kp

kkp is fine. having a kick launcher in a punch input already exists in the game, i.e. white fang

pg+kk can be turned into pkk to make the scroll feel more fluid because g+k is a very cumbersome input. also your combo list says pg+kp

kick combo is possible and it will work

current grab animation will not work for a grab. it would be better suited for a kg p attack. and you put the counter button for this
    for the grab you can use akuma's palm thrust grab in street fighter 5 that knocks forward because your counter can throw backwards

BJJFromGJJ and Prizmo like this.
  12. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

- I'll look for a second punch. Yeah I figured they don't like to read.
    - KP? eh... Explain how it's useless to you.
    - Cool cool.
    - Hmm.. I can see why. I'll consider it and see what I can do. Also, F*CK.
    - Cool cool.
    - KGp? That's interesting, but how come it won't work? Idk why I put the counter button there, I was up late last night doing this with a headache. Did they rip SFV sprites yet?

Thanks Tiny! <3

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  13. tinythe2ndplace

ppg+k does the same damage as pppp or less if the damage values account for reduced air time damage so the only instances where it would be used is to quickly edge someone, and a 2-hit combo would be better for that because it won't be paniced. 2-hit grab combo might be too cancer though like combat taekkyon so you could also integrate the grab into the punch combo, which would make it not a fence edger so you can have the third kick in the kick combo knock up to compensate. looking at the animations nimonix would probably make the third kick knock up anyway

the grab animation won't work because after you grab you will immediately go into the wind-up punch animation which doesn't make sense and the opponent would be standing there doing nothing until he gets hit. that would look dumb like hunter's counter.

here is a gif
    [​IMG]

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  14. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

- I can edit damage values, but I do like the idea of a two hit grab (like PK)
    - The two hit grab combo isn't supposed to edge, forgot to mention that. Also. I will delete the few frames because it's not supposed to have the build up making it look like Hunter's coutner.
    - Was trying to stray away from using video made gifs.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  15. tinythe2ndplace

what why you ruin kick combo

Prizmo likes this.
  16. SeeJest

SeeJest Bushido

PPGK cuz making GIFS is fun!
    [​IMG]

17. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the demonstration, Jest.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  18. tinythe2ndplace

the 5-input kick combo will work in game

19. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

O mighty tiny, tell us how you know (no seriously because you both make sense).

edit: Wouldn't the last three hits work like White Fang's last three kicks in KKKK?

20. tinythe2ndplace

infinite ninjutsu kkg+kpp

the difference is this kick combo is more fluid because the third kick moves you up along with your opponent. the entire animation of both the fourth and fifth kick would have you sustain your y-axis position until the window for delayed attacks is over

Prizmo and BJJFromGJJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.