[OBT]Exp Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitzcronk, Feb 16, 2016.

?

Do you like the new rates?

1. They're all okay

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. The exp is too low

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. The skill and drop are too low

36 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. The exp, skill and drop are too low

55 vote(s)
    49.1%
  5. The exp is too high

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. I'll wait for further information

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

For all arguments sake then we should be on something higher than x1 skill and x1 drop if they're going to against the KR version and the previous US version? It almost feels like they're assuming we're kind of stupid by giving us percentage bases and not actual numbers.

Icynoob likes this.
  2. Neliel

Neliel New Member

i think the rates should be the same as closed beta maybe a bit less but i found closed beta rates good

Icynoob likes this.
  3. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

If RedFox and JWG are really trying to *grow* this game these rates NEED to improve, all across the board. The only people who are willing to play regardless of these hellish rates is the 10-15 PvE
    die hards who wont ever spend money in the 'Item Mall' because they will farm everything.
    Make it a priority to attract and seduce the massive influx of new players coming in from other games and private servers, and the money will flow consistently... Both players and employees will be happy and faithful.

CBT rates were good maybe a little less would be better (like 3.5x or 4x EXP). but with the game being PvP now along with no exp events, we will definitely need some compensation for getting killed while on a exp card by multiple pvp Hero Leagues

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    ShaKira2008, Shyheim, ihgyug and 2 others like this.
  4. Blitzcronk

This game as @sain put it so beautifully runs on nostalgia and nostalgia alone is not enough for this game to thrive. If we want to stick to the same small group of players that are used to the grind this game offers then that's fine to stick with the rates proposed but if this game is being setup so it can flourish and attract a new audience, a lot needs to change (including the rates).

The CBT rates were too high but these rates for OBT are quite low and even with the resources available such as formations, league buffs and the crafting decos which offer skill and drop, as well as being able to easily acquire manuals, we still need to consider that new players aren't going to sit through these rates, why should they?

This will most likely be the same typical audience that we've always had, people forced to spend money to progress in this game and anyone who doesn't want to spend money can be left in the dust. That's my take on this whole thing.

We deserve an explanation as to why the rates are so incredibly low, I don't think people realize how much it would cost to hire quality assurance testers to the degree and time we spent over the CBT. We're testing the game for Red Fox for free, we're promoting the game for free (minus the tiny and cheap competition on offer) we're basically the life life to this game and it feels like we're not being treated reasonably.

There are a plethora of private servers that all offer Windows 8.1 and 10 compatibility and if things don't progress quickly like we've been promised, people will just return back to those servers or stick to other versions.

5. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Since everyone wants KR they should get used to the rates, if people don't like them and decide not to play then we might just say goodbye to 9dragons.

I don't know why people get the impresion someone is pushing them to play the game all day to get everything done fast instead of just taking their time.

6. CaptainHook

CaptainHook Active Member

Low xp rate would worth alot if the skill/drop rate would be high because even low lvl noobies would enjoy the game "getting rich" by doing cc dung/voh/cof superior runs or god knows what else. Just increase these rates up to HZ/NC moobs, atleast till that players can make 2nd role and gear up a bit :p

Vrangsinn and Oitza like this.
  7. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

No one has even mentioned the refine rates.

This version is shrewd to say the least, I am not a Korean, I would never waste my time with low rates.

For me GC's version was a hell of a lot better than the Kr version, once the novelty wears off i'm sure more people will realize this.

Zukee likes this.
  8. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

GC spoiled everyone with the crazy exp events. Why ? Simple. They wanted to sell more and more and more EXP Cards. Because when there is a 5x event, who wouldnt want to use exp card to double that awesome effect?

So you all people, finally understand that those events, is what destroys the game.

what we need is:
    1. Basic exp/skill exp rates good enough to achieve lvl cap in this life. It's important that we should get the chance to lvl up a 2nd or even 3rd char.
    2. Zero ... exp events. YES, ZERO. I don't want them.
    Maybe i can accept an exp event, if that event is for special occasion like easter/christmas, etc etc, and that should not be only for 2,3,4,5 hours but for few continuous days. Also let's say it should 4x instead of 3x as Ahri announced.. and nothing crazy like 10x

If the event is only for 2-3 hours, then for sure many people will not be able to play. For example,in acclaim i had to stay awake 2am-4am to play the event.

Icynoob and Spite like this.
  9. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

What about 3x xp and 3x skill xp woth 2x drop should be decent and good enough.Anyways its just a wasteless thought since they will not increase the rates whatever happens.

machatzi and Captainpack like this.
  10. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

Grinding on somewhat lower xp rates to level is something i do not mind at all, but i do agree that base rates for both skill and drop should not be held at such a low point. This is something players have always mentioned to publishers. XP events could easily be held to gain some more levels but the skill and drop rate are very important to us all. Thats just my 2 cents ;)

ShaKira2008 and Captainpack like this.
  11. Captainpack

Captainpack Active Member

So I'm a dummy. when I grind and you want to train smashes on me and I can learn to rezz:eek:

Icynoob and Oitza like this.
  12. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Low rates, high rates, korean or not - they should consider that we lost characters we worked on for 10 years. I don't need any compensations but I don't want to spend next 10 years to get back what I had, that's all

ShaKira2008, Shyheim, Icynoob and 2 others like this.
  13. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

This version is WAY better than GC version. This is the way 9dragons was meant to be played. GC's version of 9d was ridiculously easy. Time to see if people can adapt to a more challenging grind

Icynoob likes this.
  14. Blitzcronk

This version is really cool, the updates and content makes it really really fun I'm just not too happy about such low skill rate. We're going to have to work exceptionally hard to farm mats to craft the decos that bump up the skill rate and farm for manuals all on x1 drop :(

Icynoob and Zukee like this.
  15. RobB

RobB Member

i dont mind keeping the same exp rate, it can be raised a bit but it's not necessary imo. what needs to be improved is the skill and drop rate, atleast 2-4x more because i got to EC with c2-3 smashes....

routine likes this.
  16. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

The poll talks...in my opinion, we should get a x1 EXP on first maps, then x2 EXP jinan/nanchang/hanghzou, x3 EXP on liaodong/icy, and then x4 EXP for higher ones. About skill and drop, x3 skill and x2 drop should be fine.

17. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

1 thing which comes to my mind.Are the xp curves with the level much better?Because they were revamped in korean server.As in after after FC level until GL level u had almost same xp per mob like 0.20 whatever and then from GL to H it was 0.10% and H to DB was like 0.06% which is pretty low.Does this mean with this version it wont be like that?It will be like H to DB will be more of 0.30/0.40%?etc..

18. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

They are reluctant to move skill xp rate to x2,they changed xp rate from 300 to 200 then increased to 300 then back down to 200 and now back to 300%.We still dont know if they can use gm tools properly or not. and u want different xp for each map haha.As we know what happened to suba XD.

Icynoob likes this.
  19. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Your opinion Robert Killroy-Silk, and your opinion means f-all to me, you're a bit of a mong IMO.

GC just lacked updates, like I said, lets see what people think of this version once the shine starts to wear off.

The people who think they know this version after playing a CB for a few days are sure gonna look silly in a few months, when we can start to see what this game is actually like.

I have been told for years how bad the Kr version is, I tried to find the posts and vids from G1 when a few of my friends were playing it, to no avail.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  20. itsthem

itsthem Active Member