[Scroll Suggestion] Sheer Cold

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by clairbaby, Apr 5, 2016.

?

Do you support the Scroll "Sheer Cold?"

1. Yes

84.6%
  2. No

15.4%
  1. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

[​IMG]

This scroll is based on Kula Diamond from "King of Fighters!"

[​IMG]

Description: "The Sheer Cold technique, a fighting style so sleek and cool that ice literally flows from your fingertips. Your opponents will be dazzled by the beauty of ice, before hitting the ground by your smooth icy motions. Created by Espeon/Claire"

About the scroll

This scroll is not a copy of "White Fang" or "Ice Breaker." I thought of Sheer Cold before White Fang was even put into the game and I had the idea running through OGP, GC, Etc. I wanted to have Sheer Cold be the first ice scroll in game, but the Devs beat me to it!

This is my first scroll idea I made with the help of some friends for support! Each one that helped me already had a scroll put into game, so It was very sweet of them to help me with mine! I already knew the perfect character to fit the ice fighting style, and that character is Kula Diamond from a game called "King of Fighters!"

I also wanted this scroll to match my friend's scroll "Inferno" because both scroll were based off characters from the same game.

The Basics

Stance:

[​IMG]

The player stands straight with their arms to their side while their hands move into a fist and slowly opens up, just like the animation above. Ice/Frost winds can be seen flowing around the player's body when standing.

For the Ice/Frost wind effect, you can use the frost effect that are on the Frost Guard Exocore (Pointed out by Yoh). If this can't be done, then just keep the stance without the effect.

Blocking:

[​IMG]

The player blocks with one hand in front. An icy wall is formed when blocking as well (If it's possible to do) and once the player stops blocking, the icy wall breaks. The ice wall also breaks when the player is grabbed or hit by an unblockable exo.

If the icy wall can't be added or will take a lot of time to do, then just leave the blocking without the wall.

Running:

[​IMG]

The running animation will be the player ice staking with ice formed under their feet.

Just like the Sage scroll, it has it's own walking animation with the player's hand behind the back. For this running animation you can use the /skate emote, but again if this is hard to do then don't add it.

Updates:

4/7/2016: Some people got confused with the "Freeze" text thinking the person will be frozen for some amount of time. What I meant by freeze was the ice breaking effect they used on White Fang and Ice Breaker. I removed the freeze text and added it on the real combo that uses real freeze.

Index

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Buttons:
    [​IMG] = Guard
    [​IMG] = Punch
    [​IMG] = Kick
    Text Color:
    Damage Text Color
    Speed Text Color
    Ground Damage Text Color
    Juggle Starter Text Color
    Counterable Text Color
    Knockdown Text Color
    Freeze Text Color
    Speed Levels:
    Slow
    Average
    Fast

Combo List

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

Combos and Details

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

P: Hits the opponent with a normal jab. 80, Fast
    P: Punches the opponent while their body turns to the punch. 90, Average
    P: Freezes the opponent for about 1 quick second! The opponent breaks free very quickly so the punch combo won't be spammed. 140, Fast, Counterable
    P: Turns around to elbow the opponent with the same arm use for the third punch. 155, Average, Knockdown
    Damage Total: 465

Detail: The third attack freezes the opponent in place, but not for a long time. The opponent will break free VERY fast so the attack won't be spammable. If you are using the punch for a juggle then the player will freeze in mid-air so the last hit can connect. The third punch freeze attack won't work more then once, so if you try to reset then it will stop.

Example when hit with the third punch!

[​IMG]

Full PPPP Combo

[​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

P: Hits the opponent with a normal jab. 80, Fast
    P: Punches the opponent while their body turns to the punch. 90, Average
    G+K: Upper cuts the opponent into the air while spinning around. Icy winds are formed freezing the opponent over and over on the way up. 105, Fast, Counterable
    K: Finishes the combo with two quick kicks in the air! 80-133, Fast
    Damage Total: 435

Detail: When a opponent is frozen in game, they can get refrozen again breaking the ice and starting the freeze time over. That is what I want to happen for the G+K attack. When the opponent get's hit with the G+K, they will get frozen for a quick sec but refrozen so the ice breaking effect can be seen moving up in the air.

Example when you don't add the last kick!

[​IMG]

Full PPG+KK Combo

[​IMG]

3. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

K: A normal forward kick to the face, head, or chest. 90, Average
    K: spins around kicking the opponent with his/her back turn at them. 100, Fast
    K: Kicks straight up with one leg while a sharp ice comes from under the opponent hitting the opponent in the air for a juggle launcher. 110, Fast, Juggle Starter, Counterable
    P: Quickly swings the body to hit the opponent with his/her fist creating a burst of ice that freezes the opponent in place. 140, Average
    Damage Total: 440

Detail: This combo is just like "The Wind" juggle starter and "Hitman" juggle starter. They both have one last surprise attack after the juggle launcher! The last surprise punch will NOT knockdown the opponent if it hits...instead it will freeze them for a few seconds making the player free to do another combo to the frozen opponent. The attack can be blocked!

Full KKKP combo

[​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

P: Hits the opponent with a normal jab. 90, Fast
    K: Spins around while kicking the opponent with a back kick, then finishes the spin and goes back to the stance. 170, Fast, Knockdown
    K: Spins around while kicking the opponent with a back kick, then finishes the spin and goes back to the stance. 170, Fast, Knockdown
    Damage Total: 260

Detail: Most scrolls have a two hit combo, but this scroll will have it's very own surprise kick. The first kick is a knockdown attack, making it a normal two hit combo. If the opponent blocks the first kick, then the player can surprise the opponent with the same kick which will be a knockdown again. If the first kick makes contact the first time then the opponent will be knockdown, making the second kick useless...UNLESS another opponent is near them for a knockdown kick.

Full PKK Combo

[​IMG]

4. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KG: Doing this will bring you to a stance that can then be followed with a chain combo. You can also use this as a dodge.

Detail: When doing this you can use PPP or K to finish the combo. Some scroll has a stance where you can follow an attack after you input KG. Shaolin Crane is a good example for KG.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

KG: Doing this will bring you to a stance that can then be followed with a chain combo. You can also use this as a dodge.
    K: The player moves his/her hand to the mouth, blowing an icy cold wind that can freeze the player in place. 120, Average

Detail: The blowing wind can be the same wind used for the Snowman Exo, where it freezes the player if they are caught in it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

P:Summons one sharp ice to attack the opponent. 40, 24, Fast
    P:Summons another sharp ice to attack the opponent. 40, 24, Fast
    P:Summons another sharp ice to attack the opponent. 40, 24, Fast
    Damage Total: 120, 72

Detail: This attack can be used as a normal attack OR a ground hit attack! When used for a normal attack, the opponent will get juggled while they are standing on the ground or in mid-air (Like the Staff Of Eternity exocore.) When used for a ground hit, the opponent will be pushed with each sharp ice that hits.

Example when used for a ground hit.

[​IMG]

5. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Counter: Quickly spins around the opponent then blow's a ice cold wind to freeze the player in place! 35, Fast, Freeze
    Damage Total: 35

Detail: I wanted a new and different type of counter. The scroll Stalker has a juggle starter counter and some scrolls has two juggle starters. Well, for this scroll you freeze the player!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grab: Grabs the player and trapping them in a icy stone (If possible to do) then breaking them free to launch them forward. 230, Average
    Damage Total: 230

Detail: There isn't much to say with this grab. I just love those forward throw grabs!

Example when player is in the icy stone.

[​IMG]

Credits

Sai:
    For helping me with the damages and speed. Thanks for the sprite sheet too!

Espeon/Claire:
    For doing all the animations myself (Besides the Stance, Blocking, and Running) and for making the signature!

SajinShasaya:
    For making up the scroll description for me!

Yoh:
    For index and extra help!

muleaccount1:
    Helping me upgrade some combos and giving me new ideas for the combos, as well as giving me some sprite animations for the new combo ideas.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

You have my support Claire.

7. cici634

cici634 Member

Support

8. Manager

Manager New Member

Yo anything related to KoF I support

9. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Supported again

10. KanoThePlug

KanoThePlug New Member

If this scroll lands in the store im just gonna run everywhere looking like an ice skater lmao. Some questions tho
    #1 how far is the knockback on the ppgkk combo?
    #2 about the kgk combo how long will they be frozen?
    I also like the stalker type stance. Its an actually ice scroll. Overall Support!!

Mexican likes this.
  11. Zever

Zever Member

Wow, this scroll looks... Cool!
    :D

sry, I'l stop

12. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

1: The knockback should be the same as infinite ninjutsu's air combo (The kkg-kppk combo.)

2: The freeze will last 1 second or around that time so it can't be spammed. Maybe even shorter as long as its fair.

I'm happy you like my ideas =D

@Everyone: Thank you everyone for the support! =3

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

If theres one thing I've learned from Electro its that our favorite characters and their elemental powers are interchangeable which is honestly one thing Tempest did right by ignoring the characters used to focus on the animations they were seeing. Also I think this has already been recycled for Iceberg because the kG and other things here remind me a LOT of Iceberg's stance double skill.

But aside from that and onto the scroll itself.
    • The PPP cant be a real freeze because thats an easy air infinite that cant be counterbalanced as is unless you make it a PP{P}P have it be a real freeze on full charge. This would also allow the scroll to have access to a double launch combo similarly to my Goliath and Flatline suggestions. Thou the PP(G+K)K shouldnt be a freeze at all except in effect like White Fang's attacks.
    • The PKK combo seems very awkward to me and is also already Droid's finishing kick but past that it's fine if a bit too angle friendly and visually stale.
    • Already mentioned the kG feeling recycled earlier. Even if it didnt I would change it to something more dynamic and eye-catching that would separate this from other ice skill stuff.
    • I would change the arctic wind counter to be a switcheroo counter that sends them tumbling forward but if it stays as a launcher to do more damage, at minimum 110.
    • I would make the grab the new freeze as there are more counter launchers than grab launchers, a la Tempest, Stalker & Meriken.
    • To build synergy with styles already in the game I would use White Fang's 1-2 punches in place of your current 1-2 punches which are rather generic and lacking style. White Fang's 1-2 punches are good at catches and drops.
    Supported so long as the infinite I spoke of gets fixed. Best of luck.

14. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

The thing is, I made this scroll before Iceberg was a thing or any other ice related scroll/exo. I even made this scroll idea before White Fang on OGP (Before some people thought White Fang was my scroll.) So I never changed anything til then and kept the idea the same with the help of Yoh and muleaccount1 of course. so yea it might seem everything is used again x.x

The other thing that might confuse people is when I add "freeze." What I really mean by freeze is the effect it gives off like what they did on White Fang and Ice Breaker. The ice breaking effect. The only freeze that is used is on the kg k combo, which of course wouldn't be a long freeze so it won't be spammed. I have to fix that now so people can understand!

But thank you for the feedback! =D And I will keep your suggestion in mind

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Regardless of which came first (I remember when people were saying that about White Fang by the way lol) we still must recognize reality. Change isn't necessarily a bad thing. Mix it up with other ice people and their attacks if need be. Even Yoh changed/adjusted his suggestion scrolls from time to time based on what he felt they were lacking i.e. Redemption's upgrade and Red Leg's update post release. Like you'd said you suggested this before White Fang was even a thing like 2-3 years ago. Don't hold back your own suggestion from living up to it's maximum potential. Break a leg. <3

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  16. PointGawd

PointGawd New Member

support :)

17. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

will be a hype box scroll. support

18. SoupRa

SoupRa Member

Support. This scroll is different and really nice, if they could add all those animations for you it would be great.

19. clairbaby

clairbaby New Member

Thanks everyone for support/feedback! =3
    Bump~

20. Bored

Bored Well-Known Member

Support

This scroll look cool as ****