Direction of game and new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xBray, Mar 30, 2016.

1. xBray

xBray New Member

Yeah that's the issue right there. I'm not keen to grind for weeks to hit cap, to find more pointless grinding. I know that's basically end-game in a nutshell but i'd like to feel rewarded atleast. No depth to dungeons and bosses just makes for tedious gameplay. I should probably experience it myself before i make any judgements but eh, motivation is low

2. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Well the only thing I could see right now as rewards is to get HG level and try make yourself a HG +14 weapon at least, giving the conditions at hand that will be quite a task, specially if you plan on not spending money or just a few at least. For banners, well you can make them in time, 3 of them are just from grinding material and 2 are from King Jin and for cloths, well they look really easy to get in this version, unless they plan on changing something.

3. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Do you know King Jin gives 1 ES and no beads right? You know we can't get enough materials for loyalty ones with this crappy drop rates?

4. FuriaAlba

Well if we are talking about king jin I think the only thing that dungeon will make is red and white banner since PS sets are so easy to get you wont use anything on cloths, there might be a fix if they consider it a problem of course regarding the beads, they don't drop in 2nd part of tibet thou like on GC? As for loyalty materials I think you are talking about FS/GT and steel which for now I think there a few ways to get a fair amount in a resonable time, but I have not tested yet myself since I need 20 more levels to be sure, so I wont say anything more about that.

5. kittencat

kittencat Active Member

not seen any beads or es drop in tb part 2 even on a drop event mby they can i don't know mby there just super rare.but i done alot of grind so far none and its very bad idea to try to farm white and red banner atm unless u have 400mil+ gold.

BipolarTuna likes this.
  6. FuriaAlba

Well white is still useless since crit rate works like on GC and it's just for making flag and I guess red also same story? Unless someone is missing on CK def later on in the game I don't think it would be a must have as blue/black, mostly an upgraded rank 1 bracelet.
    I'm not saying this as I would like to see the system stay the same, but I don't think RF would have this on a soon to fix list.

7. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I still don't understand how exactly crit dodge rate works in pvp. Furia can you tell me?:0

8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Speaking as someone who has studied games, with the intent of making my own eventually.

It depends on what you like, and how you feel about games in general.

If you get competitive with games and take them seriously, you may enjoy the PvP. Assuming you have the money to spend, patience to grind out levels, and don't mind a total lack of balance.
    If you don't feel competitive with games, and don't take them seriously... It depends entirely on what you do and don't enjoy doing in them.

This game starts off as a good RPG. It doesn't really have crafting, professions, or other side content. The only side content it has is PvP.

A new player that likes RPG stuff, the story and quests, may enjoy the game up to about level 80-100ish. There are plenty of quests, and they do tell an interesting story. The leveling isn't too bad. You can use the anti-pk pill to avoid putting up with PKers if you prefer to keep PvP and PvE separate in the areas that allow open-pvp play.
    After that the story drops dead, and the quests are few and far between. It's also right when the grind gets long and tedious. So an RPG player will probably get sick of the game about that point.

If you like grinding, this is your game.
    It has a party system for group grinding. However, if you liked playing a support role as a healer/buffer, and don't like open-pvp the anti-pk/pvp pill they put in has the side effect of killing the game for you, since it makes it so you can't target other players at all, not even to heal or buff them.
    If you like raiding, you may like the game at times. There are dungeons to raid. This is easier since you can right click the anti-pk/pvp buff and cancel it once you're inside the dungeon.
    If you like chat, it depends, because like all games with open-pvp, there are a lot of kids that think being good at pushing buttons in a game makes them bad asses, and they like to talk a lot of BS. If you like chat, but don't like kiddie melodrama. You probably wont enjoy it much here.
    If you like (open)PvP, you may enjoy the game. Depending on what you like about it.

If you like competing against other players on more or less equal footing, there are duels and maps specifically designed for PvP.

If you like open-pvp you may find you don't enjoy the game as much. Owing to the fact that this game mainly attracts two types of gamers...
    Those that play games for fun, to chill out and relax. Who are usually ones who like grinding, and only PvP when they feel like it, if at all.
    And, ones that take games really seriously, think they're actually accomplishing something by playing them, and/or want to get a fake sense of danger out of playing them.
    Which are two totally opposed reasons for playing games. One group wants to chill out, the other wants fake excitement.
    That's why the anti-pvp pill got put in, flaws included.
    So you can't go around attacking people willy nilly, and most people will not attack you. If that's what you're after, you probably will not enjoy the game as much.

Further. There is nothing to do end game except farm or pvp. Both of which are seriously lacking in depth and scope.
    The IM is very over priced.
    The game play is simple and straight forward. So if you like having 30 skills to juggle, sorry, not your game.
    The PvP is brutish and unsophisticated.
    There are no real rewards for doing PvP. You can get some relics easier doing it, but that's it. It has no personality, flavor or point. If you like doing it, just to do it, you may be fine. If you prefer there actually be something more to it than kill stats, you wont.
    The same can be said of the grind. It also has no real flavor, personality or point. It's easy, which is why it attracts those who just want to chill out and kill stuff for awhile. The only reward is leveling, and once you hit level cap there is nothing else to do except either pvp, or start a new character.

So... in conclusion. This game pretty much appeals to only two types of players for any length of time. Hardcore farmer/grinders, and hardcore PvPers. Who don't get along at all.

Psychlop5765 likes this.
  9. FuriaAlba

It doesn't do anything, crit rate does the work for it. In short if you have let's say 150% crit rate and your oponent has 180% he will crit you and you wont crit him but if you have let's say 50% crit rate and 200% crit dodge and your oponent has 120% crit rate he would still crit you and you wont him, there's probably some more to add to it but I never was interested in details in the matter since pvp in this game is as interesting a pelling a potato for me.

Blitzcronk and ihgyug like this.
  10. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

I believe you can only start a new char actually, since you can't do anything else while chi breathing icon is being displayed...

Oskaras likes this.
  11. FuriaAlba

Cap is HG 10, you have no chi breathing, althou that's another good point to why it's a bad idea to be disabled at chi breathing.

balb1n0 likes this.
  12. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

Oops, my bad :p

13. shinsetsuna

shinsetsuna New Member

IMO, its difficult to talk about the direction the game is going because it doesnt seem particulary clear to me. Since RedFox is being pretty tight lipped on the matter, all we have is speculation, which at this point isnt really going to be very charitble or forgiving, simply because the information that veterans do have dont realistically allow for optimistic predictions.

For starters, consider that this is the 5th publisher to try and take on this game (Persistent Worlds, Acclaim, GamersFirst and GameCampus. Do correct me on this if Im wrong, my memory is a bit foggy on this), and the contracts lasted for at least a year, and at most 3 years. usually at about the 3 year mark, players would start asking cuestions about the renewing of the contract, and the publisher always tried to dance around the topic with non commital answers, until they finally let the bomb drop and announce that they wont be renewing 9ds contract, and what that means for the players. Whatever good will the community of this game had was exhausted by too many publishers just dumping the cash cow after they were done having their way with it.

This game has pretty much been a P2W game since I started playing it. You are pretty much required to spend in the item mall if you want to be competitive in PvP. Mall stuff isnt quite as necessary on the PvE side, but as you keep playing its going to get more difficult to enjoy the game without spending money. Pretty much your basic freemium model for an MMORPG.

From my point of view, the first year is going to paint the general picture for us. Unless the game improves quite significantly in that first year, my prediction is that it will last at most to the 3 year mark, and then it will either be tossed to another publisher for milking or die outright. Im fairly pessimistic, but years of playing and keeping tabs on a game like 9d will do that to a person, so make of it what you will.

14. FuriaAlba

If you don't count GC EU, japan, first VN version, Russian, chinese (?) And maybe Taiwan, yeah this would be the 5th publisher. Gc lasted 4 years and a couple of months and I'd say it would have still been alive and going well if it wasn't for webzen.

Blitzcronk and Peachy like this.
  15. Back12345

Back12345 Member

Bro can I borrow your rose tinted glasses?

16. Back12345

Back12345 Member

Thats the thing, its totaly not worth the time(Nevermind money) invested.

Most of the dungeons are copy/paste and besides PVP there is f'all to do.

You could't pay me to reach end game in its current state.

I find it really sad that after all these years this community continues to be suckered time after time.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Milka likes this.
  17. Fenrir

Fenrir Member

"Every MMO is Pay2Win" --> I disagree this sentence, if u say "Most F2P MMORPG" instead then it's true, but in MMO we still have MMOFPS, MMORTS, etc. and even in the term of RPG, there're many games with Pay2Play or Buy2Play system without Item Mall (or IM is just for decoration).

I honestly don't like 9D under RF's management, but sadly I also think this is the last destination for this old game. I love it, but I don't expect it can go further :(

18. Zennishi

Zennishi Active Member

Nope, still shame on you.

19. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

9D had potential to be a dominant game.There could be league vs league.Capturing zones(hc,nc,icy etc..)Alot more events.Well.. it does have few of these but they are either bugged,not working as intended or not worth doing.Its the same thing,reach HG do KJD get +14 and farm banners and then thats it.Spending hundreds of hours for what?KS bosses?xd.Pvp is dead in this gam,couldnt they make it a little bit more enjoyabale?Like remove KG and 10/30% hp pills...at least for pvp.I know someone who has 1 whole stack of 100% kg...Why most of us play this game?Mostly because of friends,nostalgia and for me the nice skills.10years later and 9D hasnt evolved.It is still the same sh1tless bugged game with no real inprovement.I have never thought once like "This was a good event"from gc to here.Maybe one or two decent events but the other dozens were useless.

20. Zennishi

Zennishi Active Member

IMG fail ^^