Something I think should be brought back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrRockzo, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

As title says I think that something needs to be brought back and made relevant again and that is party quests. Not just the old ones (SM, ec and fc) but something for higher levels as well. Not every level tier cause that would be over doing it but every other one or every 2 tiers might work (as in not one in cs but gl or hm. Then maybe hermit or ps). It breaks up the grind and gives people a goal. I also think it helps the community cause it promotes teamwork with strangers. Now if maps are pvp then maybe have severe pen for people who ks boss or make bosses/mobs whatever strictly level based and only able to be attacked by people within that range (similar to boss ks debuff). I kind of miss that part of acclaim and they were worthless in g1/gc. What does everyone else think?

Oitza, Akash4, kilroyjr and 2 others like this.
  2. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

I like the idea. However, the xp from those PQs should be worth it, otherwise people would just prefer to keep grinding normally...

3. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Yeah they should scale with your lvl for sure. Zombie grind gets old fast and this is a nice alternative

4. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

My mom told me not to talk to strangers

Oitza, ihgyug, Icynoob and 1 other person like this.
  5. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Strangers are ok just as long as they have candy. It's your mom that's the dangerous one

Oitza and conadesapo like this.
  6. OMGKuan

OMGKuan Member

Party Quests were an excellent thing as was not-so-hot xp...both of these made for a rock solid player base that knew exactly how to get epis, farm, etc. IMO FCPQ was like advanced dungeon run training 101! I ran FCPQ TWICE in Acclaim and the pure HELL of players dc'ing, the run bugging, etc, well dammit, we STILL hit CS1 in something like 80 hours of non-stop dungeon runs or redos or whatever.(rough weekend, slept like 2 hours) The reality AFTER the PQ; I played with the same people like...6-7 years down the road, doing epi runs, generally helping each other out on alts or whatever else. Make no mistake about it, PQ breeds trust and friendship, at least that's my feeling and experience and I bet more players that have stood the test of time will back me on this one.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    DrRockzo and balb1n0 like this.
  7. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

The good old times xD

8. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

Party Quests NEED to be brought back. It is a nice break from grinding that moment when you hit SM7, EC7, or FC7. I loved going through dungeons with people or killing a mini boss with a few while the others grind on shared exp. It made the game seem like not such a grind and it was a great moment to relax and have another means of leveling up. I support this idea 100%

9. Maxim

Maxim Member

yeh I enjoyed em, meet randoms and make friends. or enemies at times, lol, some people.....

they'd need to be thoroughly updated though, and I bet there not, but was good game content for that time.

10. yougetsnada

yougetsnada Member

Lol why don't you ever have anything nice to say, smoke some weed

11. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Nope not that at all. Just this section of it was good. Acclaim was **** in pretty much every aspect as a developer. I dont think I mentioned acclaim once did I? Good talk

12. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Wasn't the FC PQ updated to give around 10% a run at PS1 cap in Acclaim? Then they went back and nerfed it because they felt it was too fast getting those 6 levels at mid game. :(

It would be pretty nice to have PQs that have people run through superior dungeons as well. An easy way to get those superior sets into the game, since no one really farms the lower level ones normally.

13. OMGKuan

OMGKuan Member

dixbutts, as a matter of fact, yes, it was around 10%, and the rumors of the nerfing the experience is what 'forced' us all to push through FC1-FC7 to PQ the weekend before they were going to nerf it that Monday. Harrowing experience, but hey, CS1! No shortage of party members the 1st time I ran it...Second time around...meh.

14. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

To apparently clarify cause you didn't read whole post, I was suggesting bringing them back for more than just SM, ec and fc as an alternative to grinding. Also you have never done them before obviously because aside from the fc one you grind until the special mobs spawn then you kill those and whoever started the quest turns it in. It's basically like a bonus every 10 minutes or so.

15. wildman080

wildman080 New Member

hey i ran them pq's alot lol and it was alot of fun were can u go wrong with it meeting new people and get to chatting about stuff in game like sets and weps and decos and all that.... PQ'S all the way!!!!

16. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

The only reason I did PQ's is that it was the fastest way to level at EC.
    And the FC PQ was the only way to get CS at the time, I can't really stand going in the mansion anymore, PQ's killed any enjoyment, turning it into a chore.

17. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

If some people like them, bring them back. (If they aren't already in this version, and if it's possible if they aren't)
    Those who don't, don't have to do them.

Choices are nice... aren't they.

18. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Didn't mean to assume to much. I was just recommending that in the higher tier levels they would be nice to be able to run to make it less of a chore. I always played harder when I got to SM, ec and fc cause I know there would be the pq coming. With everyone starting fresh the leveling gauntlet will eventually get boring. This might break it up some

19. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I was referring to having choices in the game. But considering your English skills I'm not surprised you misunderstood me.
    "that'd be nice... ain't it?"
    Really? I've seen some broken English before, but that is just...
    I really hope English isn't your first language.

20. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

@shanayali

Calm down. If you don't like someone ignore them and report them, the staff are active enough to respond to reports.

21. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Are you REALLY encouraging people to report others just because they don't like them?