Help me please! WebView2 Problem!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fujitaro00, Sep 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Fujitaro00

Fujitaro00 New Member

Hello, after the last updates, I can't run the game. I'm having a big problem and no matter what I did I couldn't find the solution.

When I press the start button from Launcher i get error like this:
    "Microsoft edge can't read and write to its data directory"
    C:\|Users\...\...\Appdata\Roaming\NineDragons.EXE\EBWebView

Everything is normal so far, I need to install WebView2 from Microsoft's website, yes. (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/)

But this error persists even though it is installed on my system. I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times. The PC I use is a company computer, I need to contact IT in places that require Admin permission.

The company i work for gives full authorization to Steam, admin permission is not required when I install a game through Steam. (Cuz its safe software) What path should I follow? When I download the game from the website, I get admin permission every time I run the game, so I can only play through Steam.

How can I define WebView2 to the game?
    Please help, i want the play this game but i cant playing anymore :(

2. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi Fujitaro00,

We are sorry to hear that you have complications installing WebView3 Runtime. The modification was added during Server Maintenance: 6/7/22 | Patch 305-306 and not during the last patch. I see that you were able to access the game on September 23. Are you using the same PC since then? Please check the 9Dragons folder and make sure WEBVIEWLOADER.DLL is in the folder. If not, you may review the patch note here to install it. Please make sure to read the modification in the notes.

3. Fujitaro00

Fujitaro00 New Member

Hello, When I realized that I could not run the game, I logged in from my wife's computer :D
    And yeah, I tried the method you mentioned and the result is negative. I'm trying a different way right now, I hope it works.