Money limit...why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamuraiWarrior, Apr 23, 2022.

1. SamuraiWarrior

SamuraiWarrior New Member

Why is there still a 4 billion cap on money? People are selling single items for 20 bil or more. With the cap limit on item stands all that has to go through private trade.

There is no reason to have a money cap. Please consider removing it. Or atleast let me know why its in place. I'd rather buy from a stand than go through private trades.

2. wakjzyyy

wakjzyyy Member

I adhere to your request, it is something that should be updated, that the limit be much higher together with the preview of the articles within the store itself, they should also add more spaces within the same stores

They should also update the market where different articles are published, it should not charge you gold to be able to publish them, it should be discounted after making the sale itself, when you press the sold out button, the percentage of said sale will be deducted.

3. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Because this game is from a time when the operating systems were 32-bit.The number 4,294,967,295, equivalent to the hexadecimal value FFFF,FFFF16, is the maximum value for a 32-bit unsigned integer in computing, so a larger number cannot be stored in memory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4,294,967,295

4. nomadstrike

nomadstrike Active Member

your rhite revered but they have changed so it can run on a 64bit system so i am sure there is a easy way to change this to

5. Virus

Virus New Member

or they create stands with choice between open it with gold or sales pocket.

Revered likes this.
  6. JoeSSJ4

JoeSSJ4 Member

i do like that idea. seems like that could be just as good

enotC4 likes this.
  7. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

32/64 bit architectures would not matter in this case as unsigned long long integers have been part of the 32 bit architectures for quite some time, even if the aritmetic was not handled by the processor/compiler itself the logic could be done by the game developers themselfs, the cost would be generally the same, a bit of additional runtime when ever gold transactions would take place (picking gold of the ground included).
    Personally the size of additional bytes that need to be allocated for each char + storage would have been the deciding factor back in the day when most developers would be somewhat greedy with memory compared to runtime (server RAM was expensive). Later on the implementation that they did (auction house + svs) might have created additional complications which just made the statement "why bother" relevant for updating the cap gold. Of course one might say they could have made a struct with a long int and a char to handle this issue, but the general trend I see with people casually using only int types for everything usually forget/ignore such options as it "complicates" design.
    Optionally they can just remove/limit the gold creation ingame, but asian game developers just love those big numbers for some reason.

8. BigDaddyPimpAlot

BigDaddyPimpAlot New Member

Instead of reading all these long post - They can change the amount but they are lazy. There was that lame azz excuse back in the day about Dmg cap and what happened when we got LLGC/KL - Dmg cap went from 64k to 200k in 1-2 patches.

Instead of them changing the Dmg cap, they just added those dam Money Pocket things you get now days. So just use those and keep moving, they are stubborn and so is RF when it really comes to making 9D what it should be and not what it is!

9. quintanbarnes

quintanbarnes New Member

I share your preference for transparent transactions through item stands and would appreciate insights into the reasoning behind the current limit. Additionally, considering the growing interest in ico crypto, understanding how this trend aligns with our current transaction policies could provide valuable context for our decision-making process

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  10. MommaBear

MommaBear New Member

The game can now support the higher hexadecimal and it was proven when there was the issue with the 65k DMG cap was increased to 2kk. They said the same thing about that remember?

Then out of the blue they changed it, when they said the couldn't.