Compatability with windows 11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SprinTeR14, Jan 7, 2022.

1. SprinTeR14

SprinTeR14 New Member

Hi all. So i just purchased new laptop and it is running windows 11 and surprisingly I cant seems to start 9dragons awaken. Does any1 know what could be the issue and how to fix it? Tyvm

2. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi,

When you say the game doesn't start, does this mean that the start button is not clickable? Windows Security/Defender has a false positive read that blocks specific files from executing. Please check your Windows Security->Protection History to make sure that no files have been removed/deleted from the 9Dragons Folder. If the files were deleted you might have to re-install the game client.

Additionally, it can also be a Game Guard issue. Are you getting any error messages?

Alys2 likes this.
  3. blackboxalpha

blackboxalpha New Member

Hi,

I have the same issue, new PC with Windows 11 and the game doesnt start. If I go back to Steam and I have the files checked, it says that 19 files have changed and the game is downloaded again. If I then start the game, nothing happens, Game Guard doesnt show up as normally...

4. Imyourfather

Imyourfather New Member

You can do 1 of 2 things here.

1 - delete game and turn off security and virus protection. Reinstall game. After install reboot computer and turn on security again. If that don't work try #2

2 - right click the launch icon. Go to compatiblity options. Try test running w earlier version(computer still will be win10) game will run as win8. I had to do this one! Hope it helps

5. Niska1

Niska1 New Member

ok so ive disabled my anti virus...reinstalled the game at least 20x
    put all though firewall and just about everything to help the game load
    but nothing happens.after installing and updating, the start button just wont work no matter what i do
    the gameguard and all works just fine but the game just wont start