What if...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Aug 4, 2021.

?

Ye or Naw

1. Agree

40.0%
  2. Disagree

60.0%
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

What if we rebalanced existing stuff instead of superceding old gems with 2.0s?

.......... For the love of God just tweak our existing content instead of re releasing them under new names with better attacks.

It's a lot more exciting seeing balance changes than getting recycled scrolls.

2. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

b-but that doesn't m-make money....
    [​IMG]

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

It does, however, have a greater chance to recapture the interest of the playerbase, which is dwindling progressively.
    There's zero money to be made if the population gets so low that it's no longer worth making a purchase when these 2.0 versions come out.

The most hype updates that come to mind are always nerfs/buffs, however rare they may be. That said, an interested community plays the game.

How much money do you think they lose if they rework Vale Tudo or Infinite Ninjitsu?
    I'd guess not very much is left on the table, because only a few people own these scrolls to begin with. Buffing them is essentially only giving a handful of people free new content, but would still be super hype.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  4. Jazztech

bro if you don't own vale tudo, you can't be one of the hundreds of top 10 1v1er's on this game

Tengu and HumoLoco like this.
  5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

You missed the point. How many people tried Vale, found it underwhelming, and never touched it again or sold it? Its not about any specific scroll though that was just an example. Imagine Tiger buffed back to release power or something that more closely resembles it. Too strong at the time of release, but is it now?
    Look at the SE scrolls... They're perfectly balanced revamped versions of weaker scrolls. It's a shame those changes weren't made to the actual scrolls. Red Scorpion should have the delay and launcher of it's standard Summer version.

Now we'd have "less" content this way I suppose, but we also would have a diversified metagame and the quality of the game would be overall higher. I'm certain that's something everyone here wants to see.

6. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Tldr we don't need new content. We need reasons to use the vast content pool we already have. 90% of the shop is unused. Attack Booster and Shoot Boxing have plagued every room for 10+ years because we need balance adjustments.

7. Jazztech

no look, I got the point, but you missed my counterpoint. It won't immediately make them money, and that's all nim sees. They're like a dog that can only focus on whatever is directly in front of them. It doesn't matter what the playerbase wants or what the playerbase "needs". It's what THEY want, and what THEY need. Unfortunately they're a business, and this is their livelihood. They don't get paid to think like a customer.

I agree, it would be super sick if they made all these changes to pre-existing scrolls instead of making new versions to buy for the same price or more. But that's not how they make money.

Draygashi likes this.
  8. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

But it does make them money. New players still come and go. As a business, year-over-year growth is always the prime directive.
    This is a very cost-effective solution. It costs more to add animations or create new scrolls than it would to tweak existing content.

Not to mention, SE scrolls made them $0.00

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nice. I own Vale Tudo but maxing speed for vale tudo. :^

10. ChantelYiu

ChantelYiu New Member

We need to do this not for the love of god but for mother of god!

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Some people like the scrolls they bought back in 2008 to stay the way they bought it. Not every scroll needs to be re-adjusted to be A/B tier according to modernized metas. Its like saying Saggi the Dark Clown needs to be "caught up" in Yugioh, the D tier and "Classic" content exists for a reason.

12. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Oh yeah keep Taekyeon as is by all means. But why RE or BFLE underperforming scrolls people still use today? PKK was rarely seen before, why not buff that instead of rereleasing?

And to your ygo argument
    Skull servants?

Red eyes?

Blue eyes?

Dm?

Those all got legacy support and continue to. Giving people viable off-meta options keeps things spicy.

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The Blue Eyes, Skull Servants, and Dark Magicians of RF are Rage, Judo, Hitman, Bajiquan etc hence why 2 of those have both an RE and a BFLE. They make re-do versions so they dont disrupt old/classic metas similarly to why card games print new cards instead of re-printing old cards with new text. Plus those RE and BFLE scrolls are what we'd refer to in card games as "banned/restricted" cards meaning their usability is dependent on what the tournament format was which in RF's case would be Hyper vs Shop Only being allowed.

14. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

And this has lead to nothing but balance issues. Some scrolls (BFLE) have increased damage on their newly extended combos, and RE scrolls have their own mechanic outright. How can you not support normal shop scroll changes it's absurd.

15. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Nvm tengu u just like to argue lmao

16. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

Pump out more new content.

Tengu likes this.
  17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

How many times have you reached King of Games on Duel Links? How many Pro Tour Qualifier wins have you gotten for YGO and MTG etc? Or any tournament wins? How many major FGC tournaments have you participated in i.e. Dream Hack, Combo Breaker, LCQ etc? Go on, I'll wait. Maybe instead of dismissing me as "liking to argue" theres a reason I say ****.

Yes the BFLE, SE, RE, Summer etc scrolls are all stronger than their shop versions; theyre HYPER items and are balanced within the HYPER meta. Plus its not like there arent scrolls like Shoot Boxing and ZTKD which are equal tier if not higher tier than most HYPER scrolls because of cheesy frame data lol.

I support changes where they are NEEDED i.e. changing old scrolls with RE versions to 40000 carats for the RE scroll formula. Not every scroll needs an RE Super Attack just like not every scroll needs 2 nanmus like Asura and ChoyLiFut. Also youre like 8+ years late to this show dawg, I was the one in OGP pushing the hardest for scroll revamps like I even had a huge detailed post the CAs/RMs basically copy/pasted with damage values, frame data and GIF/video animations, the works, but again why re-do a scroll and **** up the game's classic meta when you can just have two scrolls? You may not like it but it's the correct pragmatic business decision hence why other games do this as well.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  18. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

How many times were you spotlighted in an ARG article?

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/tele-dad-in-2015/

Listen, the game was young once and had to appeal to all audiences, resulting in some really overpowered rares and things like BFLE dmg.

But these things detract from the appeal of the game. Yes, this is also a platformer and rpg, but it's a fighting game first and foremost. Fighting games are either fair or get patched to be so. Rumble Fighter almost never does. Even rares should be balanced. The prize should be owning the scroll, not autowins for paying money. Before you try and justify that, consider spike's dmg or blood dragon's oppressiveness and safety... What's fun about that to veterans? How would you feel as a new player fighting that, then learning it's a super expensive rare and can't really be beaten without breaking the bank yourself?

That killed this game. Even strong scrolls that don't need to be buffed or nerfed could still use new moves.
    Give shoot a PPPG~P & PPPG~KKK that does Stinger's duck and uppercut/shovel hooks. Give it a grab with Dirtys functionality but boxing related. No one would complain they ruined shoot. People would love it. THAT is real content.

BUT MAKING IT RE DEFEATS THE POINT if it's not seen as balanced or a serious 1v1 scroll.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  19. Jazztech

Glad I dipped from this convo when I did xd

20. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

Play responsibly, I've told ya'll mfs before that this is trap house heroin level addiction game. Whoever actually manages to get blood dragon perm is the type to need it because the reality is, the regulars are the only ones still having fun. Don't ever forget RF is designed for 12 year olds holding onto their mom's credit cards. How do I know? Guess ****ing what. Anyways, now I drop weekly RC right off my own payroll, this is what it takes.