[Updated] Umbra - Introduction of new, spicy mechanics

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Comoros, Dec 19, 2016.

?

should umbra be created

1. yes

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

It's too bad Sonic games **** nowadays. IMO last game that felt like a Sonic game to me was Heroes. (Generations and Colours were also fine) This Project Sonic 2017 and Mania SERIOUSLY better not disappoiint or I will light my custom painted Mega Drive on fire. (I also liked the first Sonic Riders and SAASRT as well)

NeoStrayFox and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  2. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

sonic adventure 2 was best

3. NeoAlchemist

NeoAlchemist Member

that was my ****

4. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

Thats the god scroll forum w/e for u :oops:

5. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

not disagreeing yet i just want to know why only one should remain
    Animation recycling is honestly not a bother to me. If they're the same, then it's fine to recycle.

I was thinking putting the final kick of KKK(KG) onto a PPPK combo and then doing the KKKK for the spinning screw kick. I suppose what you say confirms that i should be doing it.

I would rather keep it as an AoE launcher. Nimonix can animate it however they want to make it look visually pleasing, but I like the idea of an AoE launcher.

That is something I did not know can happen (as I didnt play much recently, so I never seen potential in this such as in Akido), but I will most likely do this

Without knocking down, I fear that the special would be powerful as they would still get hitstunned by the projectile, so the transmission could lead to a free combo, which would be a lot of damage.

I like the way it is now!

I disagree with the thematic you see. Although the sweeping kick does sorta scream The Wind, I think the purple blasts resemble more of a darker power, which is what made me create a dark guardian scroll.

6. SacredSwordJr

You better listen to the scroll maker god b4 every1 starts hating u fgt btch ass **.! Just a joke. But wait !!! "introduction-of-new-spicy-mechanic"..

7. Comoros

can you at least make sense when you post in a thread made by me

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  8. SacredSwordJr

Oh yea . Mb

Me: You should change " Introduction of new spicy mechanics" to something else.

Better now ? Yep.

9. Nandayo

Nandayo Active Member

Just a couple of critiques.

The kG looks like a cool idea on paper, but will definitely be spammed and cause problems with the camera. It's also way too fast for it to do so much, "the duration of blade spirit dash", pls no more exocore scrolls. I certainly do not want people running only to spam the projectiles and immediately engage onto me. Destroyer's projectile simply just does damage and is fairly slow.

The >>G also looks pretty spammy. Basically just Abyss with far more utility. These "dash through" type of things are generally for tricking your opponents without any other utility. Forcing the opponent to block and still getting the dash through is a bit much. Maybe give it some sort of recovery similar to Red Rock?

The jump attacks are pretty cool but seem too strong. Being able to knock down opponents with a simple jump attack gives the user way too much control. Jump kicks are commonly used to drift around the opponent and slap on a bit of hitstun as well as speed up your landing. From the looks of it, the jump punch has hit boxes underneath your character meaning you're able to do it at a fairly safe range. The jump kick just makes me die on the inside imagining it. You can juggle just off of jump kicks??? Please god no. You can fence edge off of jump kicks??? Please. God. No. Also, how would the jump kick work with juggles? If someone were to low jump, could they be able to infinite juggle the opponent?

idk just my two cents. The combos seem pretty cool but the addons seem way too overloaded. There's just so much you can do with this scroll and it gives you so much control.

tldr; you can juggle people off of jump kicks, you can ground people off of jump punches, you can run like hell and still close the gap with kG, >>G looks really annoying to deal with. Overall, scroll seems too gimmicky and too strong.

10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Only Droid has had 2 air attacks. Any scroll with 2 air attacks would have to take a MAJOR hit in our technical areas which this scroll certainly hasn't.

Well considering Cyclone and The Wind are similar themed scrolls the recycle makes sense. Not complaining just pointing out that you got a Cyclone punch here but the other reason I point it out is because that means you'll also be getting the same values as Cyclone's 1st punch (low stun fast recovery)

It would be better if the spiral were apart of a core combo to the scroll since it's the scrolls selling point.

The dark effect seems more akin to gravity from final fantasy tho (and a gravity exo) hence me suggesting a tornado (Desert Lion's mini tornado) as a launcher instead.

Not a free combo, just a teleporting 2hit combo (kGP/kGK). So long as it teleports you behind them the attack use VERY inefficient because you'll either edge yourself on the cross up or you'll send them nowhere and do a tiny bit of damage. See what I mean about this not being a good attack because of it's cross up?

Im just saying it's going to recycle The Wind's kGP animation and if they are already going that far they'll probably just make it a dodge just like what they are recycling. Dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind it being a trip (I only made THE signature trip scroll) but tripping them would mess up your positional advantage of crossing them up and the scroll doesn't have a ground hit so you can't damage stack like every other scroll with a trip combo.

A lot more screams The Wind than just that; the spiral, the whirly kick, the 2hit lifter, the grabs flash steps, the kG that flash steps and the >>G that will almost certainly recycle The Wind's dodge...

My other point is that nimonex has already seen a LOT of this a LONG time ago (this was recycled in OGP to make Azteca, over 3 years ago) so you really need to change up your presented product rather than keep pushing something that already got hit on the chopping block.

11. Comoros

hey nimonix remember me i brought you the most balanced scroll "the wind" you should definitely look into implementing this balanced scroll to shake up the meta game!

tamirtov likes this.
  12. Comoros

hey this suggestion is 3 years old now

tamirtov likes this.
  13. Comoros

yeah isn't that neato
    what heart thing

14. Comoros

ok what do you want it to be