Couple questions about this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forevolution, May 28, 2021.

1. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

What genre is this game? Like is this a side scroller or beat em up? Or something else?

What code language/ game engine was this made in?

Hosting wise, how many resources would you think this will take from a simple little server? If not, from a desktop?

Is there anyone here that knows the technical stuff about this game? High doubts because we're all just players but maybe there's at least one person here that knows.

I'm asking this because I want to make a game in Unity that will kind of mimic this. It's going to be strictly a hobby project to try and teach myself C# and Unity in general. Trying to land a job somewhere since I graduated with my BA in CS last month and trying to learn as much as I can.

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. iwannadielel

iwannadielel Well-Known Member

3d fighting game. Was coded in Visual studio

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

Add me Hermoso I'll e date chu

4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

This game genre is simple. 3D fighting game, PVP fighting game, and cough cough e---date online.

You would need a p2p server for cheap ass broken ass budget. If not, then you would need a better host server which is cost more than you spent your money on aquarium.

You would need to know the behind of the algorithm to input out the damage, reduce damage, critical, double critical, health, and shit more shit. And you will need to test few time to beat the bugs up. I would recommend you to complete the math up to Calculus and quit college just go internship that talk about the c#, c++, algorithm, and more shit about computer stuff.

You will need to practice coding but if you need model ask someone who can do it. if you can do model yourself, then you need to talk about the time. time and money. For me, i would prefer to pick up with 2d game to understanding how the fuck are they function. after that you can move to 3D game in fact most of 3D game are come from 2D game so you can reuse the code source from you worked on. I would recommend you to learn c# and c++ it will be easier for you to understand the code stuff. Java and other coding can suck my dick.

Oh also, I strongly recommend you go take OOP(Object-oriented programming) certificate from school then you are good to go coding with unity from the OOP you've learned.

tamirtov, Draygashi and Forevolution like this.
  5. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

Much appreciated!

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

You are welcomed.

Also if you want to understand of Rumble Fighter in depth. Just ask Andy or Monster, they will show you part of their work to help you get some good concept of coding. Or I can help you with a sample code each time you need to understand the subject what are they to be used for. No charge. Learning to grow knowledge are a free.

tamirtov likes this.
  7. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

I'll hit you up. I'm going to work on menu UI first like shop, equipment, room select, etc. I feel that will be basic enough for learning the small things before I work on in-game. I expect by the end of summer, I will have at least 1 already made "scroll" and 1 custom "scroll" implemented. Figuring out how to change a persons rig, animation and button combos will be hard cause idk if it's going to be a whole separate object or part of a players script.

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yes. basic things is a good practice for learning the object and class to see how are they functioning before work on in game.

I would recommend you a whole separate object and part of a player script but they going into one class. I would call it Polymorphism.
    It might help you to easier coding when a person, enemies, new enemies, button combos, and inputs damage.

look it up on this.
    C++
    https://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/polymorphism/
    C#
    https://www.w3schools.com/cs/cs_polymorphism.php

You should be able to notice that these scroll and custom scroll should be polymorphism because they can be copy and past in the future so you dont have to code new one each time you add something object class.