Character Name Changer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superdildog, May 11, 2021.

1. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

What will happen to the old name after that item is used, will it be deleted instantly in the database? I hope not. CC scammers might use it to take advantage of that item.

2. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

Thank you RF for adding this. Just hope its not too expensive.

3. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

I hope it's 100$ a pop so idiot dont go spamming name changes.:)

Terrorhavoc likes this.
  4. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

Additional question, what happens to a char that's member or leader of a band/league after that item is used? On P****** Servers, They became bandless.

5. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Character names on Bands, Leagues and Master and Disciple will change accordingly.

6. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

We'll be able to tell. However, as always, just make sure you take a screenshot of your trade agreement in your chat logs, otherwise we won't be able to do anything.

7. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

An idea to make CC trades less scammable would be to make it so you can buy CC from other players through the AH. They have that in Tibia and it works wonders. The only limit here is the amount of gold that you can have on you.

8. Kakash1

Kakash1 New Member

Uhm.. Thank you?,
    Sell out much?,
    $40 for a Name change? instead $5 or $10 like any other game
    or even Sony with their PSN Name change!
    Guess we can cross off the ''Name change'' of the wish list!
    Why did u not discuss this with the community?
    Role change only one month? again, Why did u not discuss this with the community?
    Btw did u add a ''0'' to much? 4500 Credits while M&D Name change is 550 CC
    This is not wat i meant by there is much to gain! Not that u listened to me, u prolly already had it planned.
    Again, Why did u not discuss this with the community?
    M&D Name change effect all pupils,
    Char Name change only effect 1 person.

Is the Name change scroll, atleast tradable? so players without rl cash can buy it in-game from other players with in-game cash?

Why not just add more Character slots???.....????

Red Fox Team, Everything alright?
    Do we need to worry?
    Something we need to know? like sell out or cashing in,
    before u lose more then half of the community? to Papaya Play?
    Maby servers closing?

O well,
    Wanted to suggest, Gender Change, Female to Male/Male to Female, guess will just bring it to new publisher see how they will deal with any ideas.

Thinking out loud:
    Starting to think to just start over on Papaya at this point instead of wanting to have my Name change, Gender changed or even my Role changed here or just delete my char or have anything changed!.

Im out, peace!

Regards,

Kakash1

Attached Files:

9. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Clan change pills are next.
    Followed by server change pills

Sedolh and Kakash1 like this.
  10. Kakash1

Kakash1 New Member

like in the Matrix ^^ Red or Blue pill?
    Lets call it scrolls, changing from one server to another is more like signing a contract then taking a pill.
    Right? ^^

Samething for:
    Character Name Changer = Name Change Scroll.
    Clan Change Pills = Clan Change Scroll.
    Hero Band, Name Change Scroll.

Gender Change Scroll. < i dunno lol, but having a chance to change from Female to Male and Male to Female would be nice.

Role Change pill looks like an shiney orb or a shiney pill i guess thats fine.
    Or change the pic into a scroll ^^ instead of watever that pink/purple thingy is xD

It's more like Changing martial arts dojo/school.
    or from one class to another class by signing some scrolls.

Either way sounds good to have these options!
    Where some changes are possible and not only for the rich!

Where can i find details bout Clan Change and Server Change?

GM/CM Confirmation?

Regards,

Kakash1

11. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

How i wish for a clan change scroll. Im sick of playing the same clan but invest that much time and money again in new char.

Sirme likes this.
  12. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

whats wrong with change clan pills and change server pills?
    will be level with you bro.. not all publisher give name change cheap... and in 9 dragons name change should not be that easy... People should be thoughtful before picking names..(although not gonna say I won't take it cheaper)

Also others also suggested name change.. before..

13. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

changing clan does not = investing more money in game... or making new toon does not equal investing more money...

as long as you spend and open boxes.. 1 toon is all you need to gear.. 80 toons.. so I don't get it.. what am i missing?

14. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with clan or server change pills. I think they could actually make some money out of adding those to IM.

15. Kakash1

Kakash1 New Member

Nobody said anything bout there being something wrong with Change Clan or Change Servers!
    It's just something that has been on players wishlist, Just like the Name Change.

Name Change had just been added to the game but for the past 5 years or 1 year or 15 years depending on how long ones been asking for a name change, they been telling everyone that they wont change or add an option to change someones ingame name unless it was offensive!

I'll level with u aswell:
    1. Most play this game for nostalgic reasons, to escape real life, to spend their free time to play games enjoy and relax or simply cuz they been playing 9D since the open beta of Acclaim! like me,
    So do not call it easy its been 15 years!, some may just be tired of seeing the same name every second they are logged in!
    It does not effect anyone else if one ones to change their name on a daily basis!

2. Its not up to anyone how often one ones to change their name! since we have to pay for it!

3. thoughtful before picking names..
    Agreed, most players think before creating a char, but then again some came back for nostalgic reasons,
    quik chars creations and play, and all of a sudden or after a while their still playing wanting to have a better or cooler or a more fun name above their head! without having to delete their chars or start all over again!.

Who is anyone to tell another player if they can or can not change their names Easily?
    or how they need to play?

4. Also others also suggested name change.. before..
    Yes for the past 15 years! so, Not sure Why even mention this?
    I did not say i was the only one suggesting to add a name change, but now u mention this for no reason!
    I am the last person to have suggested it!: https://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/new-char-farming.52704/
    And within 2 weeks they added a Name Change option for an absurd amount of CC,
    for $40 i can eat a whole week, this Name Change needs to change to $5 to $10 or 450 cc or 550 cc,
    or like the M&D Title name change 550 CC!

I dont mind spending cash to a free to play game but, come on $40 for a name change, there is nothing to gain here for a player that just wants to have their name changed! That no ones gonna give 2 cents bout! Really? Seriously?

Whats your reasoning @GM/CM?
    Not everyone has cash to trow around like this or is rich or has a rich daddy!

Again: Changing M&D Title will effect all pupils! u need to consider wat u put above ur head,
    that others will have above their heads.
    But M&D Title Name Change cost 550 cc? and Char Name Change cost 4500 cc?

Changing a Char name: will only effect 1 person.

Marketplace
    • Added Character Name Changer as a permanent item to the marketplace. Cautious: You cannot change your character name if your character is registered for any upcoming server battle in the game. You cannot change your character name within 10 seconds after the first log-in of the day. Lastly, you cannot change your character name if the newly created name already exists.

They have already said Name Change option is permanent in IM,
    and wat isnt = the Price!
    and @Sirme, ur not helping here! I think i gave enough Reasons why $40/4500cc is to expensive!
    for something as simple as a Char Name Change!.
    To simply put it, There is nothing to gain for a player to have their name changed no matter how often or how easily.!

@Redfox Team, u have more or everything to gain by lowering the price to $5 or between $5 up to $10
    or why not give the first one for free? as an introduction/addition to a new item for IM?
    Something wat we have been asking for, for the past 15 years, would be a nice gift no? just 1 ^^

Good day!

Regards,

Kakash1

16. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

not trying to be the bearer of bad news... And not exactly disagreeing with you points except..

1.)changing your name does affect other players... when a scammer changes their name.. he/she gets harder to find..

2.) 3.) correct, while I do agree with you to a certain extent... Redfox gets to assign weight to thoughtful picking of names and freedom to change name whenever one wants.. ( getting it cheaper iIMHO as long as not cheap is nopt a bad deal as well..., yes i know I m not helping your argument much.. but wanted you to see there is an opposite to the argument..)

But yes Redfox, listen to the man's/gal's opinion.. price is a little high...

17. Kakash1

Kakash1 New Member

• but wanted you to see there is an opposite to the argument..
    Thank u for ur reply and Yes i see that now :(
    U are right!, i did not take a scammer into consideration, Forgive me!

In all these years i never had to deal with any scammers.
    Most players i have met are good ppls, honost, help build something up, who just want to farm, grind and lvl up, chat, meet other players and help others before their own needs, have fun just play the game as its intended.

Still price is to high for a name change.
    Some of us can simply not afford a name change at this price,
    and having a name changed by request at support team have been denied.

With the simplest of name changes u can think of for example,
    Kakash1Hatake to Kakash1
    or Kakash1 to Kakash1Hatake
    Still keep the name just want it changed!

Hope u can understand where im coming from with my argument.
    Spoken for those without a voice that have made serveral request at support team
    in the past for a name change just like it but got denied!

Regards,

Kakash1

18. OldAzriel

OldAzriel Member

9arts said they'll be able to trace the scammer

upload_2021-5-14_4-27-24.png