Idea about pvp in tibet and low lvl map's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandi0ca, May 5, 2021.

?

Good idea?

1. yes.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. that's terrible.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

I see people crying about pvp in high lvl and theres a simple solution for that, insteaf of making a pill to stop PK, it shoud be the reverse, you shoud be rewarded from turning pvp mode on.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    exemple : PVP pill:
    25% xp bonus
    50% drop rate
    5/10000 hp leach
    5/10000 ve leach
    You can attack player's that are using "pvp pill" .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This pill shoud be usable in all map's but hefei, bambu, and clan bases.

I dont know how hard woud this be to code but for me woud be the perfect solution for PVP in low and high lvl zones.

Well this is just an idea, i doubt it will ever be added to the game, but im bored.
    Have a wonderful day
    - Mandioca

ozzy1920 likes this.
  2. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

Like it. A pill which enables pvp but gives bonus xp drop rate.

3. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

And when i say the reserve i mean, by default pvp shoud be turned of unless you are in Quindao

4. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

The idea is not applicable to this game due to the following considerations:
    1) There is no ingame benefit to killing a player outside of statistics (combat record and karma) and teritorial gain (depends from player perspective if it is a "benefit")
    2) PVP is available due to MMORPG status of the game
    3) PVP stat system is terrible all things considered
    4) People usually look for drama, your idea will limit or reverse the drama
    5) Easy to exploit the bonus with dungeons
    6) Stat bonus should be considerable in order to risk wasting time getting killed by x-person while "pve-ing"
    7) If 6) is true leagues will consolidate to always benefit from the bonus and make sure others don't -> same problem as before or even worse cause of possible snowball effect of increased stats
    8) Low level maps do not have any benefits if you have pill active as the "good stuff" is always at higher level maps

5. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

1) Yah but the idea is getting rewarded by risking you're life while farming. i hate afk farmer's and this woud make them lose to player's that are actually playing the game.
    2) PVP is fun for people who want to do it, not every one enjoys it, people that do shoud be able to do it at all lvl's and not only high lvl.
    3) i kinda agree since i liked pvp more when it was stat based.
    4) People look for drama but that kill's the comunity.
    5)ofc if you had that you woud not be able to enter dung, and if you enter a dung you woud not be able to use it inside.
    6) idk what you mean tbh.
    7) People that play as a group shoud be rewarded for it this is a MMO RPG.
    8)This buff on low lvl map's woud benefit new player's that dont have help from high lvl player's.

This change woud be good to make afk farmer feel like they are not min maxing, i spend 40++ hr's in tibet with my farm char and i'm not hiting zombies i shoud be rewarded for it.

6. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

+ pvp is fun.

7. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

1) Do you think af.k farmers would care that you are getting 50% more drop rate by risking yourself with pvp? 50% drop rate from a rough estimation would be equivalent to 60 hours of af.k farming. From a char that can do that 24/7 without any special effort that is hardly an inconvinience.

2) PVP is fun for people who want to do it. That is correct. That would mean BP has people pvp'ing frequently outside of Black vs White war which I think is not the case in reality. Where is all the pvp taking place? Well, obviously not in Bloody Plain.

3) PVP in this game is only stat based so I think you made a typo with "liked" and "when it was"

4) I guess

5) Inhibiting gameplay for whatever reason never helps. Consider the "chi breathing" discussions as it would be more or less the same situation

6) The stat bonuses you mentioned are not alot. Personally I would not see a reason why anyone would want 50% more drop rate with the risk of having x number of players come and kill you as they please compared to not having the bonus and having any care what so ever. Giving 200-300% or whatever high numbers would mean others can take advantage of this by forming a group that will:
    - Kill people who are using the pill and not in their group thus having an advantage
    - Farm using said pill because they probably don't have any competition to stop them
    - They control the flow of the items by using the pill. People not using the pill will not have any incentive to farm those items because "they can't have the same bonuses" so it's not worth the hassle

7) Group play is important but you should consider that not all types of group play are of actual benefit to the game as a whole

8) This buff would hardly help a new player because low level maps/content do not offer anything good on the long run and everything "decent" is in higher level maps anyway. You would be better of saying do not have pvp enabled in low level maps and be done with it. Increasing rates can be done independent of pvp.

8. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

-----------------------------------------
    3) When i say stat i mean "main status" Dex, con, wis, ess, str.

5) the way to deal with afk farmer's is to remove zombies from the game and let you hit the mobs when you are in chibreathing. people shoud be rewarded for playing.

6) i get what you are saying about "the flow of the items" but i think strong people shoud have some power over weaker oponent's either way, if you dont want to handle that type o scenario just dont use the pill until you get stronger. that's the the mmorpg grind, build up a character and dominate.

7) i guess

8) i meant just for lvling, because you hardly see any people on low lvl maps either way, and theres still some farm's you can do at LL for example, yakumo letter's and sourcere's cloth's.

Well we will not agree with ea other xD.
    I think pvp was a big part of 9d, and they shoud try to make people do it more by making some changes.

9. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

Zombie removal has been requested multiple times, but they refused to remove it. If you have afk farmers, you can just kill the zombie they are hitting with your main char. And about pvp, you should have chosen Yin server if you wanted it. As far as I remember, people chosen Bardo, Yang, Tao to farm peacefully then go to a certain pvp map whenever they are ready.

10. Mandi0ca

Mandi0ca New Member

I left Yin cuz the sv is dead. i like to run in hefei and have people there, this change woud only make people that actually like it, go for it. and the sv woud be pve either way maybe the drop 50% woud be to much.

11. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

Making Tao server an entire pvp server will share Yin server's fate.