Bajiquan: Exactly What We Need

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Do you think reworks or RE versions should be implemented?

1. Rework the classics

2. Zin Spike RSEREBFLEABCLP please

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Just give it up. Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will ever remove the black part.
    Its happened in the past but it's usually within a year of the scroll coming out i.e. Persona's KKKK, Stinger's kG{P}, Red Leg's >>G.

2. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

My toast has been burnt.....

Tengu: thats not a fact, its your opinion
    Also Tengu: its the communities fault 《- opinion
    Also Tengu: this totally different game can compare in the slightest way so its not that <- also opinion

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

If players arent joining a room bc of a self conflated issue thats not the devs fault; thats not an opinion. Comparing games with similar features to each other is also not an opinion; thats called an "observation", in this case specifically trend/pattern recognition.

4. TheFuzionBranz

?????

but you really think it matters to compare these games when it doesnt. cringe. Stick with the L.

5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Ztkd, Avenger, Stinger, Persona the ones I can think of. But just because it's relatively unprecedented doesn't mean it's not the correct way to go. There's a reason there's been a mass exodus from the game in recent years. We need to see changes on existing content now more than ever. We need a huge balance patch or many little ones.

6. TheFuzionBranz

kung fu, kabudo, shidokan pro wrestling, infinite ninjitsu got small changes,

Crescendo likes this.
  7. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

If you could buff 1 scroll, which would it be and how would you do it?

Personally I'd buff Vale Tudo.
    Yeah, I'm biased lol.
    I'd keep the minimal stun on the combo enders and slightly increase the stun on the mid-combo attacks, and widen the hitboxes slightly to the left and right by limb to emphasize trading and intelligent angling for a bit of safety. I think that would be a huge QOL change.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  8. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Vale Tudo should've been buffed ages ago.

Crescendo likes this.
  9. TheFuzionBranz

idk, tbh I'd have a hard time justifying the one I do cause RF could use alot of work in general lmao.

Shoot boxing could get a ground hit or maybe some kind of change to KPP, have like spikes animation on second hit and make it ground hit. Maybe a 2 hit combo too and same run z as meriken

ZinTkd should be like ZinTKD (R) without the Super Armor skill lmao.

Blood wind ninjitsu can get a small refresh. Kinda like I said with ZinTkd and ZinTKD R. I would maybe even add a different gimmick to it, such as the KKPP combo being KPPP but can also be used as KP with a charge (as it currently functions), so that if you do not charge it at all, well no knockback and stunlock, and if you keep hitting the combo, it will do the same animation and then the current BWN (R) combo. Would give it some real close angle threat at the cost of doing a lesser damage combo.

Krav Maga is already a pretty insane scroll, but lets say a nice 5 hit combo added to it, beautiful.

10. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Ain't it's punch combo 5 hit tho

Tengu likes this.
  11. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

its a rather unreliable 5 hit since everybody blocks after the first one (which does have insane reach to be fair). It could use more stun in the second hit or at least have the startup animations for the tackle/toss sped up. Idk krav is a good scroll but its launcher and kicks are pretty horrible outside of kpp and kpk. its an scroll more focused on edging but has sambos counter as its grab lol

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Krav punch combo has good block/hit stun to recovery ratios and very decent delays. The kick combo is intentionally meant to be a quick punish scroll hence why theyre all basically rooted around being 2buttons (KK, K(G+K), KP P/K). The MOST I'd change about Krav Maga is adding a PK (fits the 2hit quick punish theme of the scroll) and/or making it's kG into a trip as opposed to a knockback.

13. TheFuzionBranz

ya but all punches can be blocked after 2 hits.

Kick combos reign supreme in RF. Krav Maga has AMAZING feats but its downside is that it has no reliable way to do big damage. 2 Hit launcher means you need to react without delaying the second your first hit connects. The KK input has a insane stun/recovery combination making it safe. Then you have pressure with KPP in 1v1 and KPK in edge maps.

The problem with many of these high stun hit scrolls, is that you need to delay it to actually get people to open up and deal the damage.Fighting it, If you just spam counter, it will connect with ease once the stun fades. Krav Maga has no real edge potential with the grab and its ground hit can be avoided with a saver delay, so you can let yourself get hit by many of em before feeling pressured. Krav Maga is a beast at dealing damage over time but it just doesnt compete with the output standard format scrolls do.

tldr; Hold Z when you fight krav lol

14. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I think all shoot needs is a grab with the same effect at Dirty (fits the pressure boxer motif), a pk combo with an effect like sumo's push, and a punch animation to replace the kick.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Shoot was added to the carrat shop a year-ish after the 2nd batch of RE scrolls were added to the carat shop so who knows maybe we'll get Shoot RE and Muhons RE.

16. TheFuzionBranz

PK inputs are so unreliable its sad. I mean it could always work, but its really just a shot in the dark. KC would be optimal. Shoot is one of the scrolls I will use anywhere to win and I wouldn't bother using the PK really.

As for the dirty grab, I think it all comes down to preferences maybe. The thing about Dirty/Shoot would be that that grab is literatly unique to the dirty scroll which makes it really stand out in its own way. Having a grab like that really changes the playstyle because it really stops you from using grabs the same way. It can be heavily used against you (if you grab twice in a row and he combos, you get combo'd, if you try to combo, he can counter, etc), while the regular grab will give you a reset, time to think, back control and the possibility to even counter-play saver users.

Its not one of the the things I would actually add to a revamped scroll, but to a different new one.