Stop putting revives on everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lephantis, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

have you NEVER played ANY other fighting games? They all give you TWO LIVES. Smash bros gives you THREE. If your kills arent just lucky edgings just kill them again or if they really bug you just hitm with phantomcore so they don't revive. Old gens kicked wings bc in OGP they were ASTRO ONLY, not given away often for free like now. Also sage isn't even a big deal if you aren't a casual / bad player i.e. even Taekkyon has more hit stun + block stun than Sage.

Yknow what is ACTUALLY bulls***? Invisible built-up back shields.

2. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Using your own logic-type, just put on a scroll with back grabs at all times. And kill them with back grabs 2 or 3 times before the round timer ends.
    [​IMG]

3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL man that reply killed me

4. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

The thing is, In Super smash regardless of having 2 lives or whatever... When you put the rules (UNLESS YOU ENFORCE A HANDICAPT WHERE PLAYERS START WITH DMG or LESS LIVES), in Rumble Fighter, nobody starts using any rule set. Anyone can have shells, a single revive, busted stats, rare and exclusive items that can give a clear advantage, etc.

RF is a game where:
    -You pick your own fights (Pick on noobs, control who stays, control where you go)
    -Pick your own load out (stats, rares, revives, multiple revives, etc)
    -Has no hotfixs or balancing to the game

Nobody is ever playing on fair grounds and thats just what RF is. The more they pump in items with additional factors, the more unfairness there will be, because its accessible but gated behind payment or time investments. Just like the whole savor mechanic. P2W.

Logic likes this.
  5. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

I know your handicapped but when that mode isnt set for normal people then everyone is given the same number of lives. Idc about back items just assume everyone has it until shown otherwise.

6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

you act like people can't use wings if they want to. Its equal footing, one side just chooses to not wear shoes bc someone told them it wasn't cool and they can't think for themselves. Wings don't affect the DURING of the fight, back shields do. If you cant see that you're either gullible or retarded.

7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

congrats if you just now figured out what "counter play" means but im talking about INVISIBLE back guards. Wings have no effect during a fight, only after. Back shields on the other hand do especially if you cant even see its there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Its funny how I never hear card game players complain about unfairness when those games are far more pay2win than RF. Everyone there just accepts the laissez faire element of the game instead of crying about literally anything and everything.

9. TheFuzionBranz

idk what you're talking about card game players.

If you mean like yu gi oh or pokemon, of course you need to invest in cards and build a deck.

We are talking about a PvP "martial art" "beat em up" "with powers" player vs player game. The problem is, there is no ACTUAL system to legit compete with others. At the end of the day, everything is chosen by players. If rules are made, its players enforcing player made rules. The biggest form of competition that rf has, is guild war, once again with player made rules and a system that lets you cherry pick your fights.

Now the whole thing is with RF, its a PVP game with P2W content. At the end of the day, If you edge someone and you die, thats your Win. If you beat a player with matching stats, no handicaps, etc, thats a win.

I have a alt with no wings. I play on it time to time. I dont do dailys or quests or whatever, so I got no wings. I have to buy wings at this point to have a fair chance with the rest of the game? Just because I want to fight a PvP game? I need to invest in quests and etc, and save not burn all of them out?

Then we have crit in a PvP game?

RF as a PVP game, I can see countless reasons why people can complain and I agree with them. People need to wake up to the fact that RF is nothing more that a social game with non competitive fighting, but then again people trash talk and have egos.

Error likes this.
  10. TheFuzionBranz

What is your best str set right now? I have 129 str with 100% crit and double crit gems on avalon, plus enhancement to damage. You're dog sh1t if you cant get close to beat me. :):):) <--- thats RF

Error likes this.
  11. Error

Error New Member

I agree, this is honestly beginning to be too much. And then optimistic people will scream "just get better/join them." There's no ranks to climb so no goal to reach and even then with no way of the players time being rewarded, the player is only looking for quick matches because there's a lack of QOL changes to the game. First update to basically shut all this up, match settings, let me cap the stats or allow or ban exos or items from being used. Have the Free channel for all non custom settings rooms and just have another tab for previously said ones. With that done, Maybe have community events for seasonal/holidays where they send in idea/concept art like Warframe, but just in boxes. And make the boxes contents into package purchases. Because lets be honest, NO ONE drops 10 15 25 and maybe 50 on boxes, we always go big because the rates are trash, so just charge me 90 for everything ffs.

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Whats your combined total stats tho? Last time I remember checking mine were 220+. ;)

13. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

Please say this louder for the people in the back, you just boiled down Rf to its absolute essence. 90% of the people that still stick around is a result of having friends or people they know/recognize still playing this game. Its pretty much personally encapsulated in the player made mode NHAA. I'd argue that it's an absolute waste trying to play this game seriously in a genuienly competitive level as the only trasnferrable skills you learn in rf is different excuses and insults you can make to someone if you lose but thats another story

14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I mean of course you need to invest in gems and stats to build a character just like you would a deck unless you want to use the starter deck / starting stats.

If you arent doing daily quests then thats your fault, not the games for you refusing to take advantage of it's freely given items. This is some hardcore incel-level obfuscation of responsibility logic.

15. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

I can't speak for anyone else but RF taught me so damn much about the many skillsets I use in other fighting games like turtling, zoning, rushdown, etc. I don't have friends here anymore, lost them all so I get on every couple months to **** around in 1v1 and brush up on the basics I learned in my now 14 years of playing. I'd talk **** like I do in other games but y'all sometimes take banter to heart. This game never was and never will be serious. No game is like that till there's money on the line, but that's just me.

Tengu likes this.
  16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Im a troll bc I dont use toxic incel logic like you and others? Good to know.

My suggestion is you go get therapy.

17. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

you have discord? :> i miss you all the game

18. TheFuzionBranz

I mean, out of all I wrote you just decided to reply that "of course you need to invest in gems and stats, do quests, etc". Of course. You need to INVEST, exactly like going into card collecting games. We are talking about a PvP game based on martial arts, That has so many flaws and is poorly made. The fact you can't just login and play it competitive without having to drop money or time to build up an account is an actual joke. RF is literatly a game where players need to enforce player-made rules, ignore the actual implemented content in the game to try and create a fair competitive scene. The fact that literatly most people a this game think they are good, talk trash, even use the kick button; but fail to realize how much of a scrub they are ona fair playing field is a joke in itself. The game brings such a feeling of competition to so many people and they are protected by so many stupid things in the game.

At the end of the day, RF is very flawed. They took the wrong path to making good profits, they took the wrong path to expanding content in the game. RF is trying to make money by doing what games like Maple Story are doing. Nice looks, insane stats, insane advantages, but its not at all a PvE game. Its a PvP game. Now at the end of the day, for anyone who has some experience and really just plays for fun can come here exactly for that. But no way will this game ever attract any serious player who wants to compete at a high level, this game will never touch esport scenerie or anything close to it. 10 viewers cap on twitch is exactly what it deserves.

Its a very fun game, its very enjoyable. But its insanely flawed, doesn't incite people to join and is horribly unbalanced. You just don't mix martial art fighting, gacha and stats/crit like this.

Combined stats in this game are horrible. ARM got nerfed into the ground. The fact that STR is +1 dmg and ARM isnt even -1 damage literatly is a joke. I can reach nearly 60-80 arm with my 129 str and hit every single hit as a crit. 220 combination is just a bad idea, plus can get steam rolled easily. ARM is a joke to the point where you get the minimal damage reduction you need with the actual goal you want. If you plan on getting hit, that means you just aren't all that good and confident.

Buy STR+CRIT> Win in very little hits
    Buy OP Rares> Get unfair advantage

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  19. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

The big reason this game will never thrive in the FGC is because of exclusivities, rares and the like. Having to pay money for way better scrolls is an issue but nothing different than the ones present in Tekken 7, SFV, Smash, DBFZ, etc. The huge problem is people not having access at all or completely gambling away trying to get the really good scrolls like Blood Dragon, Shadow Ninjutsu, etc. Anyone who's lucky pretty much can afford top 8. Of course, it isn't an auto win; some random scrub can't just use it and guarantee grand finals, but still at a high level it's a drastic advantage that is unfair to those who don't want to sink all that money into gambling.

tl;dr loot boxes ruined any chances of this game going competitive if we are to ignore all the other glaring issues it has (stats, connection quality, exocore, 2nd panic, bugged scrolls, etc.)

20. Distort

Distort Member

anybody got a good recommendation for hemorrhoid medication

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.