Stop putting revives on everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lephantis, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

There's like a hundred different rev items in the game. I just want the stats ffs. I don't even think some of their descriptions mention they revive. WHEREEE?! Where is the influx of thousands of new players these items are designed for? Angel/Devil wings were sufficient enough. STOP. PUTTING. REVIVE. EFFECT. ON. EVERYTHING.

Aegis, Forevolution and Crescendo like this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nah man bring on more rev items, especially perm rev items. More of them = more chances to get them for free. People need to get over their issues with wings, its small PP energy.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

I don't care about revives overall, you missed the point of the post. But if that's small pp energy, then being salty about a $10 windshooter scroll and leeching every opportunity to bring it up on threads that have nothing to do with it is smaller pp energy. Have a nice day

Yeezus and Forevolution like this.
  4. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Checkmate

Yeezus and alwaysSleepy like this.
  5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I don't get why people have problems with revs either. Just whoop them twice lol

6. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

What they should do is:

Remove all revival effects on items and just make True Battle a toggle option in Battle Mode rooms that allows one, three, or infinite revives.

alwaysSleepy likes this.
  7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Theyre trying to give Bash to another person for less, if you don't see the relevance between that and why I brought it back up then youre either dumb or willfully ignorant. Maybe if you ever created content you'd understand but you don't so have fun criticizing from the sidelines I guess?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  8. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, the only original player-made scroll in this game is Telos. Everything else is some spliced together stuff from TFG, from already created characters of other series. Again, have a "creatively" nice day.

Crescendo likes this.
  9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Alright well YOUR definition for what counts as a created scroll is just that; YOUR definition/standard. And you also forgot about Hungar, Kingpin and Savate and a handful of others but I'm done wasting my time here. Nothing is original, not even the fighting games you claim people are uncreative for using.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  10. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Hung Gar and Savate are real, pre-existing fighting styles. Digging your hole deeper and deeper. But I agree, you should've been done here the first time I said have a good day.

11. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

nah there's that guy that actually practiced martial arts and made a scroll that was developed into the game. I forgot what his name was. but he called himself a shifu often.

His scroll was also in a box

12. msuppnick123

msuppnick123 New Member

Imma be honest with you. You seem to complain about a lot of things that have been in the game for years, and haven't been an issue. You complain about in game mechanics as if they're "broken". Assassin isn't broken, crit itself isn't all that broken either. Rev items aren't an issue but you're trying to make them one, and the "AFK RM kick timer" isn't an issue either, it's as long as it is for a reason, and if you're too impatient to wait for it, that's your problem not everyone else's. Don't make an issue out of things that aren't one.

13. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

iight I guess I'm the only one who understands his thread.

Ok so lemme try to explain. He's not complaining about rev items as a whole and what they do. He's complaining that the stats of these items have a revive mechanic in them, thus creating one or more of these problems;
    a) room doesn't allow wings
    b) he doesn't want to lose the item because once all revs are gone, the stats will be too. This applies to back shield items as well.
    c) it's probably a rare like red halo (idk if it's obtainable in shop or not) where it has good stats but can't be used outside of BM or a stage that has no edges. He loses red halo, he will have to wait till another event that brings this.

Hope I somehow cleared this up.

Draygashi and Tengu like this.
  14. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Valid points, but there are definitely issues, else the game wouldn't still be on the same cusp of extinction it's been on for those same years. Businesses that don't address complaints and fix issues don't usually stay in business long. So you better not be in the thread that complains about RF's 3rd host transfer. And best believe I'm going to be there waiting for you to say some sh*t.
    Yes, this. Specifically, it was the Railgun back item that I wanted for its +30 CRI. But upon falling off the map, it unexpectedly brought me back and I was then compelled to jump off the map at the beginning of the second two rounds so as not to either
    a) be kicked from the room for having revs on, or
    b) win with the cheese and have everyone leave, effectively killing the room
    Both of which have been, and remain long-lasting problems with the game. I think the biggest problem with this game is that no one wants change. They instead thirst for the recycled crap that time and time again has been shown to hasten its demise.

Draygashi likes this.
  15. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Sifu WenStorm

Comoros likes this.
  16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Your attempt to move the goal posts is pathetic. Them being "real, pre-existing styles" doesnt magically create inputs, combos, damage values, hit/block stun values, etc, WenStorm myself and others did all that. And since you forgot to mention Kingpin, assuming you gave it a pass as being "uniquely created", all that dude did was draw Yamazaki animations from KOF. Your standard is literally an impossible standard bc nothing is original even the things you think are original. So yeah, get f***ed.

Also your rev problem is a self-created problem, only the try hard toxic players get tilted about wings. Majority of players either dont care or say "oh this room isnt toxic against wings?" then start using wings too.

17. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Cool.

18. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

and the game continues to die.

Support Quick Start button(copy of Overwatch’s queue and matchmaking system)

Crescendo likes this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Dawg RF had a quick join button LONG ago, it just stopped being viable after more than 2 modes were added / after there stopped being more than 1 page of only moon/glac/nhaa rooms. Also maybe try to be a little less hyperbolic with the false comparisons.

20. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

If you think revives are fine you are a idiot. It literally revives you in a fighting game. That said the ship sailed a long time ago when they decided to give thousands of wings in free boxes. I dont mind killing people twice or dealing with exo scroll aoe spam but its factual the people doing these things are cancerous and old gen days would of kicked them. I remember when people had problem with sage rofl they tried really hard to make scrolls auto kill its gotten more casual with these auto kills built into the scroll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.