[Suggestion/Discussion] Updating "Bad" Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tengu, Feb 6, 2021.

?

Would you like to see any of these changed/updated?

1. Sky Eden

55.6%
  2. Echo Stages (Eden Cove / Sunset + Sunlight Valley)

33.3%
  3. Mecha Institute

66.7%
  4. Third Rock

44.4%
  5. "Lost" Stages (Jack's Shack + Ancient Remains + Risky 2)

77.8%
  6. Moonlight Mountain

55.6%
  7. Stages Added to Moving Screen

33.3%
  8. Stages Added to King of the Hill

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Sky Eden - Map is good in design but WAY too small. Enlarge the stage and turn the red root fences into high walls.

Echo Stages (Eden Cove / Sunset + Sunlight Valley) - Recolor stages are fine but if possible it would be nice to at the very least differentiate them with different item spawns i.e. the question mark random items, ramen etc.

Mecha Institute - Add in the ceiling rafters that you can visually see in the stage's menu icon but arent present in the stage itself. Makes camping the left/right side walls less cheesy.

Third Rock - Add the large sign present on the top platform to the lower two platforms but at a different angle / edge.

"Lost" Stages (Jack's Shack + Ancient Remains + Risky Escape 2) - These stages currently are ONLY playable in True Battle and should be added to Battle / Teams stage selection.

Moonlight Mountain - An amazing stage in King of the Hill that rarely gets played and is very suitable for regular play in singles + team battle. Player spawn locations should be changed to 2 on each high platform and 2 on each lower platform instead of 4 on each top platform to make non-team matches have better spawning.

Stages Added to Moving Screen - It could be anything, it doesnt even have to be new i.e. it could even be Reverse Taurus Temple. Its a fun mode.

Stages Added to King of the Hill - Again it doesnt even have to be new maps, just slap Hill Nodes on basically any stages with zoning areas / platforms outside of spawn locations i.e. Green Cliffs, Sky Eden, Closed School.

Hercule and NeoStrayFox like this.
  2. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Bring back retextured maps

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Were talking about stages in this thread. I get that you're upset bc you can't s*ck off your bf / rolemodel Adolf Hitler yet but before you go to hell you should try to stay on topic.

4. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

I’d like to see all the “dead” battle mode maps redone. Do I think that’ll get people to play them? No sorry I don’t. There’s no “new” maps that are popular. I still think RF should do a sorta COD/OW approach instead of rooms.

Cod had ‘rooms’ and people only played Nuketown for 2 black ops straight. Overwatch overhauled the whole match making system early in the game because everyone was picking whatever character they wanted and the game can be unplayable without some team work. Kept the old system with a classic mode as well. And that’s probably the biggest change in Overwatch since it’s been released like 10 years ago and now it’s known for the matchmaking/player rating system.

RF is a good game bro I can’t agree with you more. It wouldn’t have hung on for so long if it wasn’t. I love this game but I do get really tired of it when people play the same maps and you can’t change it. When I’m on the bad team because I don’t know anyone. When people police each other’s play style. When I’m out of a match for 10 minutes fiddling with myinfo waiting for any room with some space to open up. As a RF casual, idc anymore I just want to play. :/ without verbal abuse too.

5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Waterfalls the new wave. All you have to do is be the change you want to see. I not only singlehandedly got people playing a newer different map, but I've gotten people to fall in love with it like cove and moon.
    Same thing I did back in the day when I made GlHf. I got tired of people being toxic so I created a competitive guild that promoted positivity with it's very name, Good luck Have fun. This community is full of followers, be a shepherd and the sheep will flock.

6. msuppnick123

msuppnick123 New Member

To be honest, I'd like to see all the stages added to training mode. The moving screen stages, the True Battle stages, KOTH stages, everything. Being able to practice on them in training would be nice.