[Gameplay Bug] Random re-sealing of relic options by the system [Awaiting Feedback]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BirdbrainX, Jun 13, 2019.

1. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

This is a phenomenon that I have experienced more than a handful of times since the start of the 3rd anniversary event of 2019 and still does happen on occasion. This has afflicted my gameplay across multiple characters on the account, at different times of the day, on different relics.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The two screenshots are just examples of the relic options "re-sealing" themselves during gameplay. I know that this isn't simply a visual glitch because when it happens to relic options that shows up in your character menu, it changes the figures to reflect the missing "re-sealed" stat. For example, if my relic has a option that gives critical hit damage bonus, and it re-sealed itself, this missing percentage will be reflected in my character menu's critical hit damage bonus's total count.

While this is a bug that I do not personally wish to reproduce, I have observed that it frequently happens during heavy farming sessions with many drops and often when some drops are not picked up by the character (myself) and left on the floor of the grind spots. This too is accompany by me experiencing game lag due to the many drops on the floor, or simply having played for a long duration.

Exiting to the main character selection menu and re-entering the game is one of the two remedy that I know of that resolves the issue, but if you remain in the nearby location and continue to grind/farm there, the chances of your relic options re-sealing themselves is pretty much guaranteed after 10-30 minutes. I have also observed that changing maps may sometimes remedy the issue, but this is something I have not intentionally tried, and have merely observed it by chance.

Location does not seem to matter, since I have experienced this bug in many different places on different maps. It can occur in Cave of Conqueror Dungeon (which the two uploaded images are taken from), or on any of the many maps and dungeons in the game. Time of the day does not seem to matter either, since it can occur multiple times in the morning, afternoon, and night. The only sure sign of it having taken place is when I experience consistent game lag for several straight minutes when I only had a smooth gameplay before. This is usually when I check my character menu for changes in my critical hit rate/damage and looking at the individual relics to check for "re-sealed" options.

This phenomenon also affects "options" in our character's (cash) inner clothes slots.

2. BirdbrainX

Here's an update on the phenomenon that occurred today.

Notice that my Critical Damage bonus has dropped to 419% when my relic options resealed themselves.

The affected Critical Damage total still remains 419% even after exiting SRS dungeon.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  3. BirdbrainX

And once I've switched maps by exiting LiaoDong and entering Icy map, the resealed relic options "unsealed" themselves automatically, and my Critical Damage bonus has reverted back to its original figure of 426% instead of the previous 419%.

4. BirdbrainX

And it happens again on my next SRS dungeon run. Only this time, only one relic has been afflicted by this phenomenon. My Critical Damage has dropped from the original 426% to 424% - which is the exact relic option that was resealed being "2% additional critical damage" as seen in the screenshots in the previous and current post.

As evident from my previous experience, the Critical Damage figures persists after exiting the dungeon but remaining on the same map.

But once you exit the map and enter another one (LiaoDong to Icy map), the phenomenon disappears. My Critical Damage has once again reverted back to its original 426%.

And the sealed relic option "unsealed" itself once again.

P.S. Please note that I find it difficult to capture this on video as requested by [CM]NineArts since there's no telling when the phenomenon will occur. And that sequential screenshots is the best I can do right now when I notice it happening.

5. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Thank you for the update!

If only pictures can be provided, we would need to see the following pictures.

Screenshots of your relic options and damage on mobs before your relic options are resealed.
    Screenshots of your relic options and damage (on the same mobs) after your relic options are resealed.

Unless this evidence can be provided, we will confirm that this is only a visual bug.

6. BirdbrainX

So you're saying a visual bug on the relics results in it having an effect on the character menu stats? o_O

Not that I am reluctant to provide more screenshots, but you do understand that there are variables in the DMG figures shown when attacking mobs right? Also, I am curious as to how you were able to "confirm" that what I have been experiencing is "just" a visual bug? Were you successful in replicating what I have experienced, and thus see no observable changes to the relic option effects on the game? Or if you weren't successful in replicating it, how were you able to "confirm" anything at all with this much certainty?

7. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

All issues we have come across such as these have been visual only bugs. And while there are variables in damage figures in your character window, you only need your gear and testing mobs to be a constant variable with no buffs if you are to test, as we have not been able to replicate this issue.

If you can show us that your actual damage values have been changing when your relics reseal under constant conditions, we will proceed with further investigation.

8. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

This issue has been confirmed bug.

BirdbrainX and Perfection like this.
  9. BirdbrainX

After waiting 1 year, 8 months, and 5 days. :(

Thank you for confirming the bug.