"Not the proper tools for refinement"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ward420, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Best time to refine?

1. Weekend during event

2. Weekday off event

3. There's mo tailan when the rates are better, just send it and be disappointed

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ward420

Ward420 New Member

Hello,

I've been preparing a bunch of weapons for a mass refinement to +16. I currently have 14 7/7 +15 weapons I am going to be refining all at once.

I finally was about to start refining before the event started (I feel like rates are lower during the event, but who knows). I dropped one of the weapons in Mo Tailan's lap & when I tried to add the pot I got this error "Not the proper tools for refinement". I tried every color pot and the normal pot of 16th forgotten soul.

I did create a ticket but they just told me to reinstall. I have reinstalled and I'm still having the same issue. I am asking if anyone else has ever experienced this problem & know how to fix it. Also what do you think about refining on/off events? Does anyone have some insight on their experience? Thank you!

2. OldAzriel

OldAzriel Member

Reinstall to a different folder/drive. They say installing straight to desktop works. Me ive only reinstalled to a diff drive and it worked for me

3. BloodySpear

BloodySpear Active Member

Moving the game folder from my C drive to my D drive helped for me.

I didn’t had to reinstall

4. Banduula

Banduula New Member

I face the same issue and reinstall the client did the trick.
    Statistics for refinement during 2x event:
    Refinement %: 50% band buf + 20 % epi buf + 25% event buf. Used 200% ts.
    I try to refine from +15 to +16 using blue port which add another 50% buf for 18 times on FWD glove and all failed. Bad luck I think.
    I still left to try 3 more time and I'll try off event.

5. MarjonD

MarjonD Member

It’s all luck but better to use this items , Deco 15% , Band attributes 50% , mastery 5% , event buff , Ephitet 50% to increase Refinement rate , TS 50, 100 and TSD is good for + 1 - 15 refinement and + 16 is all luck , I made 2 repel bracer and gloves + 16 and I use only normal pot , thanks and Goodluck

Just sharing

6. Banduula

Banduula New Member

Thanks for sharing. I lack on mastery 5% and deco 15% and epithet 50% (I used epi 20% short on 30%)

7. OldAzriel

OldAzriel Member

Tsd or any other buff/clothes that increase refine dont work on +16 and up. Only blue pots or darkness pot can help but they add very little to an already very low rate going +16

8. Ward420

Ward420 New Member

This was my understanding about refinement rates. Some people swear TS 200% and other items work after +15 but I am almost positive they don't.

Also here is 9dragons refinement calculator that I believe is accurate.
    https://jscalc.io/calc/uTmPHGJyBns0aSFK

9. Ward420

Ward420 New Member

Still have the same error. I even formatted and reinstalled Windows. I tried Redfox downloader & Steam. I tried moving to a different drive and everything. Not sure why Redfox doesn't want me refining. Lol

10. OldAzriel

OldAzriel Member

Try to get a ticket in and see what rf has to say if nothing else works