Its been sooo long since ive played RF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MurduH, Jan 31, 2021.

1. MurduH

MurduH New Member

Wow man
    I havent been on this game in ages but ill be on blacktop and cove if anyone ik is still around
    It looks like soo much has been added in the shop scroll wise haha ill appreciate anyone getting me up to speed
    abt to pull some old vids out the vault if anyone wants to walk down memory lane haha there was soo much drama in GW and 1v1 and closet vids with items that are normal now hhaha but add me if anyone wants to help me unrust

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hey there @MurduH, welcome back!

You haven’t missed too much honestly, but we now have a air panic function which does exactly what you think it does. Give it a try in-game! :)

MurduH likes this.
  3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Assuming you were gone for as long as me, I'll go over everything of note that was new when I came back or since I returned in May of 2019 from the closing of OGP.

-At roughly 25% hp, we now have rage. You'll see your hp bar flashing when it's active. You'll do noticably more damage and comebacks are much scarier. So now it pays to hold onto your nanmu til late game. Also, with RE scrolls, there's rage arts like Tekken using the B button.

-Assassins got buffed in 2020. Their crit is more reliable at lower levels, but around 150 it starts getting really consistent. 510 crit is now 100% crit chance for them. It's finally worth using, even at default stats since rage is a thing.

-Avalon Drivers were added, which is a slotted item that uses unique gems called "gemstones" to amplify a number of things such as stats, grab damage, exo damage, specific limb damage (left punch, right kick, etc), increase back damage, target specific classes to do increased damage like Find Weakness - Striker, cause a unique type of critical strike that can occur any attack such as grabs or exocores, grant a small amount of vampirism, or straight up reduce damage to 0. Not easy or cheap to build, like the rest of RF. Getting the gemstones is all RNG.

-Metatron Exocores have flooded the game and outclass anything you've ever loved, except for a few Exocores like Attack Booster (which is still cancer) and of course Devil Shadow (the undisputed GOAT lol), and will quickly ruin any chances of having a fair or fun team game.

-We now have air panics. While lots of people tend to complain about them, they're really a good mechanic to help stop infinites and getting cheesed. They make you do a flip out of the juggle in the direction of your choice, exhausting your regular panic and can be punished if predicted just like your regular panic. Unlike the regular panic, this can lead to you being reset unfortunately so use with caution.

-Before becoming a guardian there's 2 panics. It's a nice quality of life change honestly. I sometimes wonder why I ever opted for nanmu when I could have kept 2 panics. Also, double panics (fire circle)/bombs/machine guns/shells and wings are all given in daily reward boxes so expect to see them more regularly than we ever imagined back in the day.

-The medal shop is lit.

-Save your orichalcum (not sure how it's spelled) for rare boxes in the medal shop under supplies I believe. 5=1

-Wicked Flare and Mystic Arts are strong enough to contend with rares reliably.

Ign Crescendo

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    MurduH, Malcolm and ToulueVang like this.
  4. Malcolm

Malcolm Active Member

nice post

5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

We both forgot something.
    I forgot to note air panics
    You forgot to inf juggle that like button

6. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

You haven't miss much because there wasn't much anyway lol.
    Only thing is air panic bit of quality of life changes but other than that, bunch of recycle scrolls.
    Then box rotation being called an update.

MurduH likes this.
  7. MurduH

MurduH New Member

oo I appreciate this, exactly what I needed

8. MurduH

MurduH New Member

appreciate ya, glad to see a good admin around