Dying game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticRaven, Dec 29, 2020.

1. ArcticRaven

ArcticRaven New Member

Sorry for the clickbait title but I could not come to think of a better one.
    I see people talking about how this game is dying etc etc but honestly to me it seem like there are more people on now than it has been in a long time.
    Hefei is laggy because of all the stands etc.

In what way do you consider it dying?

2. Jyang123

Jyang123 Member

The people that keeps saying and will say the game is dying are the ones who invested and gambled a lot, but can't make it to the top compared to the other players that spent the same amount as them. You also need a lot of luck too, that's just my 2cents. Also, population is back up a bit due to the spending of Christmas branches, that helped grow a bit of people to come back and invest to easily obtain Ultimate Tablets and get some end game relics. However, not everyone is aware or understand economics, and how to understand demand & supply in 9Dragons. Prices can vary up and down, and items/materials can take endless hours to farm just to make certain other relics or phase 2-3-4 materials. People come and go in this game, there are many reasons why people choose to leave and decide to come back again.

isbarkley likes this.
  3. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I think you guys are measuring with the wrong parameters. The game is considered as not dead when the essential parts of the gameplay have a healthy amount of players joining it. In yin that would be PvP.
    Got to any PK enabled map in yin and try to find someone to pvp with. You'll spend hours on our own. Yeah the Kylin boss has slightly improved the situation but he only appears rarely. In the meanwhile Kunlun is dead. All maps are empty for most of the time. Therefore I conclude that at least Yin is dead. I can't talk for Tao as I don't play there.

4. Jyang123

Jyang123 Member

Tao would be dead too if it went full PK mode server because we have a lot of farmers. Lol. But business is better in Tao, because we have a lot of farmers, and in my opinion best to just join the two servers but have it only on PK enabled on certain maps like KL, LL, Liaodong, HN, BP, and I pray in the future, Tibet?(doubt it) Make it more interesting.

5. isbarkley

isbarkley Active Member

I think the game is considered dying if nobody wanna’ spend in IM anymore. That is just my opinion.

6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Tao has always had a decent population.. it was a lot more populated in the past, a good chunk of tao population has people who left yin for Tao , sold or gave their gear away... most returning players return to Tao..

Yin is basically dead... you see same people every day.. barely any new blood, the server has been on emergency mode for 2 years now... Yang helped a lot...

Tao and yin bot get a tiny increase in population from time to time.. Cov19 is helping the game a lot...

when its done both servers will reduce population again..

Content here is the fastest in all 9D western publishers... but its still slow as heck compared to its rate when the game started...(first 2 years)

so yeah.. game is dying slowly...

If they made server transfer possible.. might revitalize both servers.. especially yin...

or if they just merge the server and manage only 1... might fix the server stability problems.. since they only have 1 server than double dipping and failing at stability..

Most that will happen is a server merge might happen eventually, people will get sick of seeing same faces.. content catches up, then the game dies... because people get bored and leave... or people take breaks an come back later..

that is just my 2 cents..

7. Jyang123

Jyang123 Member

With the rate that people are crazily spending on Christmas branches, this game will survive another 3-4 more years. RedFox has made a lot of money off of this. =)

ZhouWarden and BloodySpear like this.
  8. BloodySpear

BloodySpear Active Member

Ahri & NineArts be like

[​IMG]

ZhouWarden, Terrorhavoc and Ozbud like this.
  9. ArcticRaven

ArcticRaven New Member

Thank you for all the replies, I love to see different opinions on the same matter. No matter what I really do hope the game stays alive for a long time because it is a fun game and yeah what more can I say.

ZhouWarden, Sirme and isbarkley like this.
  10. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I hope it is lol.. I don't wanna take a break then come back to nothing... hoping the worst is a server merge.. if push comes to shove