Contract between Redfox and JGW extended or not ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohanTheBoss, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohanTheBoss

JohanTheBoss Member

Dear GMs,

We are understanding that the contract between Redfox and JGW to publish 9D awaken has the validity of 5 years. If that is true, then it means that it is going to be expired soon cause the 5th year milestone is coming near.

So please kindly advise if such contract will be extended or not so that we know how to play the game forward.

I believe that players will be able to donate more in game, but we dont want to spend much time and money for a game server that will not last long.

Thank you and hope to have your confirmation soon.

phoenixakos and Phongfinish like this.
  2. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

BTW, a contract can end at any time.. just like 1 year. Don't assume you guys know it all.. Look at the trend.. 12sky2 playwithsea, they closed down after 1 year. So stop it with you know it all

3. JohanTheBoss

JohanTheBoss Member

Lol, I'm asking GM not asking you.

I just want to know what is the point of investing your time and money into some server that only last for 5 months left ?

Yacha, phoenixakos and Phongfinish like this.
  4. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

There's no point of asking at all. Why should you even ask at all. Who in their internal staff will tell you. At any company, when did they ever tell any players? Are you out of your mind?

5. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

A contract isn't for us to know, why would we even care? if a game ends then move on. this is like this for many games. do you go asking google when their contract ends so we can go find another email? What's wrong with you ppl nowadays. Yo when is your contract end? lmk so so i can stop. lol

6. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Chill the f@k down mate. Nothing wrong with asking for some transparency. Yeah they'll most probably not answer the OP but still a player should be allowed to ask especially considering that some have invested ten thousands of dollars into the game. RF is getting the chance to prove that they're fair and transparent publishers. Let's see if they use this opportunity.

7. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Will this game survive the COVID-19 post era in the state it is now ? This is the legit question.

I know they will hide under the confidentiality clause in the contract and will not answer, but a clause that involve an entire community and RF clients, meaning the players (RF will not make money without them or the RF staffs will not have any salary) should be transparent, based on the principle of international law. When a clause involve another party, 3rd party, like the customers, they have the right to know. Nobody asked what is the price of the contract, maybe only the IRS will do it when they check the finance, but asked what is the future of this game and their in game toons.

What is the time frame of the contract ? It will be prolong if will expire ? Any negotiations in this sense ? Base on the past we had with many publisher the game cycle ender after few years. The contract time period is stated in the contact. Nobody can end a contract before that period unless they pay damages and need to give a notice in advance. Even the contract is not definite in time, there is a notice and all companies at this time, December 2020 already have a plan of business on the year 2021. Same goes with RedFox, unless they don't work like a company.

phoenixakos likes this.
  8. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

You must be joking right? Why don't you go ask another gaming publisher when their contract is over?

9. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Use the search on forum for the official answers from Redfox about their contract. Stop asking the same question over and over.

10. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

This question was asked last month in which we always provide the same answer.

There are no plans to relinquish the contract with Joongwon Games. Don't believe any rumors outside of our official notices.

11. JohanTheBoss

JohanTheBoss Member

Thank you, that's what we want to hear from you officially (please remove my earlier post due to mistypo)

[GM]Ahri likes this.
  12. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

[GM]Ahri and ZhouWarden like this.
  13. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

:D Please and Thank you.

[GM]Ahri likes this.
  14. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Yes, Karen.

Since my thread got deleted. I will tell you here. I read the forum in a daily basis and only reply if I want to. I spend most of my time in the game. Yeah sure, you put in effort in making guides that no one did, and we thank you. But you really cocky. You too are not neutral. The neutral guide maker was Fullneo.

At the end, I want to say this community is still a mess.

15. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

No problem bro, sorry I mistaken you. This forum community is so toxic. There's Karen everywhere.

16. ozzy1920

ozzy1920 Active Member

Lol, you seem like a Karen more than anyone else here.

GoodOlFeedback likes this.
  17. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I don't want any thanks or anything, I did it because I wanted and never ask nothing in return. I am a community member and community comes first so I may say I am not neutral from this point of view. You attack the community members calling them names, like Karen and toxic community . Why ? Because they have other opinion than you ? Life is not always honey same like game. Not always is happy all around and dancing clouds. Do you know that from heated debates come progress and the best ideas? Extraordinary ideas and practices are born from the crisis.

This game from 2006 is the same, nothing new was added, except maps and quests, same concept like in 2006. RF took what the others did, starting from events. We had 2x, 3x from 2006, Halloween, Christmas, Easter, same costumes, same things. And now is even boring : all events for 150 level +. What show this ? They don't even target new people to come in.

All game industry change in all these years, new coding, new graphic, new engine, 9Dragons is the last dinosaur waiting to die, but before they will sell all his fresh and bones. From 2006 they didn't invest nothing in this game, just MILK THE COW. If you like it like this is your problem, but I don't like it. The money from 9d went to another black hole call Kung Fu Arena, that is a failure too.

Do you know why Fullneo left and stop making guides ? Reflect on that answer too. If everything would be pink he would be here also doing the guides too. Also, why Ozbud left 9dragons with this publisher too and stop making videos too ? He answer to that.

As for the contract the answer it is very vague. Pandemic post era will be about the surviver of the business. What is not profitable will be cut and 9d in this state will be not be profitable. The economy is no longer booming and people will make economies for dark times. That is, you will cut unnecessary expenses, and gambling for pixels is considered an unnecessary expense. RF does not want to reform even now at twelve o'clock. Their loss, not mine.

Phongfinish likes this.
  18. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

I really want to, but can't. Haha!

19. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Ok Karen. Hope to not see you next year since you quit. Bye.

20. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Your wish will not come true, I will roam the forum till next phase, meaning waiting for a better game future making posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.