Just curious, do any of the big developers know of this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yeomra, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

Capcom, Bandai, etc.
    Never asked but did they get permission to steal their character movesets and put them into scrolls for this game? Do they get paid by Nimonix?

2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Don't think anyone here would be able to answer those questions other than NimoniX themselves, but I'll throw my assumption out there anyways.

Do any big developers know of this game?
    More than likely not; and if they did, they wouldn't want to touch this game due to its ancient code. This game was in its prime for population around its debut back in 2007 through maybe 2010 the latest.

Did they get permission to use character move sets, outfits, etc?
    More than likely not. There is a thing under copyright law that is fair use, however I feel like NimoniX abused the absolute Hell out of it and blatantly copied a lot of stuff.

Do they get paid by NimoniX?
    If something NimoniX uses that goes beyond fair use will infringe upon copyright law and would require NimoniX to pay for either the rights to use said material or to face a lawsuit. My guess is NimoniX rarely, if not, ever paid other developers/studios/artists for their material based off the following link(s):
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/whats-this-i-hear-about-nimonix-being-sued.51417/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/copyrights-trademarks-etc.51353/#post-493122

3. Z0DDY

Z0DDY New Member

Who gives af if they borrow moves lmao

tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
  4. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

Me cause I'm trying to figure out how in the hell these servers are still on. Either Nimonix is getting funded somewhere or they're losing money by letting the game stay alive still.

Unless I misjudge how much game servers costs and other fees.

5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Servers cost nothing. What does other companies knowing / not knowing of RF's existence have to do with you wondering how RF still has servers? Gonna snitch? :p It wouldnt matter because Street Fighter vs Fighter's History already set a court precedent in the 90s on borrowed assets in video games.

6. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Servers are pretty cheap they probably pay around 100 a month for one and they probably make close to a thousand per month maybe a few thousand on a good spender event. Though ill say its pretty surprising that they are able to pay staff I assume at this point its a very limited part time job and super limited hours put into a office if at all. I wonder mostly what the future has for this game will it most likely just be shut down or will there be some deal just to keep the server on aslong as the costs are paid... my estimation is the game last till 2024 maybe even coast to 2026 depending on some unpredictable factors. But id place a bet on not reaching 2027.

7. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

Interesting. Cool, that answers my question. Thanks! Good to know for future plans.

8. YamanakaIno

YamanakaIno New Member

They need to fix the game to make is to big developers.

JustUgur likes this.
  9. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

this game's code is like 14 years old, so any big name developer picking this up would be seen as a niche passion project rather than something to actually invest on

10. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Undoubtedly, Gem Fighter is producing the majority of the revenue. But at this point, they should just wrap it up and convert RF into a mobile game lmao. **** would be nice af to play on the toilet.

11. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

imagine trying to low jump, air grab, or zstall on mobile

xenlyiin likes this.
  12. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

Imagine trying to do those things on PC with a controller. People would just find other exploitable mechanics ig.

13. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

A phone is literally a flat screen you need at least a controller. I cant imagine how hard it would be to play rf tapping a flat surface on a 10 inch screen thinking about playing like that makes my head explode

14. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Did I just hear someone mention RF Mobile?

Patrick uploaded this video about 5 years ago, and I have no idea how old the original video is. However, I do know that I haven't heard anything about this mobile game beyond this video. :v

As for big companies knowing about RF, I'd say... probably not. Otherwise the male Elite Soldier outfit alone would have gotten this game killed. Then there's that "All-season hero" outfit which is just freakin' All-might, the Blade Spirit exocore that's just "generic soul reaper from Bleach," the water pump that looks awfully familiar, etc.

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Flappy Fighter exists. RF isnt even on the radar.

16. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

This will be RF graphics in 2014

17. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

If many game companies abuse the copyright law against me then they know about rf but don’t care enough.