Security flaws, bugs, hacks and exploits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozbud, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Many tech companies such as google pay incentives for those that can find security issues and report them.
    Maybe red fox could do something similar and offer game credits to those that expose major issues and how to replicate them.
    I’m sure there are members of the community that know about issues and keep quiet even if they don’t use it because there’s no real incentive to report it. OR they believe nothing will be done about it anyway even if reported.

2. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

IMO - "i believe nothing will be done about it anyway even if reported"
    hmm just saying as a yin server player... since the person who reported was in tao. tao server have a bigger population so, you all should've at least seen more people using it in Hainan and shouldn't really have a clue who is using it because of the no name thingy(or maybe yall do know who it is idk)... but as yin player. We have smaller community, so we will at least know who is who very easy whenever we go to Hainan. Found one and reported a few time since Oct. till now and still see that person there a few time still. we have a clue who it might be but who knows. nothing will change for the exploit in Hainan for now soo i guess it whatever...

3. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

We like the idea and previously thought about it, but we took a step back mainly because we don't want people bashing us. With everything that is going on right now globally, we just don't need that negative energy.

ZhouWarden, Perfection and Alys2 like this.
  4. Jyang123

Jyang123 Member

That is true, imagine I find bugs and get paid by RedFox with Credit just by simply finding glitch spots or any other factor that disturbs the gameplay of the community, I'd be getting a lot of hate from my haters, and RedFox would get bashed and also get accused of playing favoritism lol.

5. phoenixakos

phoenixakos New Member

disciple12 likes this.
  6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I’m talking major issues, not stuff like can’t loot one chest in gcm and stuff like that.
    Could be some sort of non disclosure agreement where the player has to keep quiet, if there is any evidence revealed that they have discussed with someone they got game credit then the account would be investigated and the items redeemed by them would be removed.

or to make it less complicated in game gold could be given instead as it would be too difficult to remove the benefits gained from using something such as new premium or 30 day package. Easy enough to remove the purchase but not the extra exp or drops gained while using it.

ZhouWarden and Alys2 like this.
  7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

First 3 points have already been addressed as well as point 10.
    Some of the other points aren’t really big issues or are likely never to be changed

disciple12 likes this.
  8. phoenixakos

phoenixakos New Member

I dont think number 1 or 2 are solved..
    The last point it is solved, indeed! But only for this event! I dont think that next events gonna be without CC or bot farmers.

9. upirank

upirank Active Member

Well being said and being done is 2 different things that redfox never can actually make it true. Btw i would be millionaire if redfox, a company who earn small changes on gaming business with their super marketing strategy of doing nothing and wait for the money actually reward players for finding bugs, i do doubt they can even effort to hire actually "employee" to do this kind of job. Every reward are given are a minus on their pocket. Nice idea there, but it only work if the company actually do serious business planning and marketing strategy to gather more investor/customer to review their own game. Oh btw, it had nothing to do with either being the developer or the publisher, because it is pretty much the same way to earn money on every games, either you are only publishing the game itself, you can still gather investor and customer to raise your total profits. Bad business always come with bad planning, but if there is no planning at all then there is no bad business, asian way of thinking.

10. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

i believe in you GM an CM keep up your wonderful work

ZhouWarden and Ozbud like this.
  11. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Have a good thanksgiving.
    Thanks for everything you have done in Game to help me, my friends, league mates and many others including complete strangers.

Alys2 and ZhouWarden like this.
  12. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

@Alys2 ^^ Thought I'd replied to your post not commented below it

13. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Who stopped you in 4 years to do it (this suggestion was here from year 1) ? Was no negativity at year 1 of game, at year 2 was few, starting from year 3 were comments towards improvements and now towards the end indeed it is a lot. Who to blame for that ? Did you make a pertinent analysis to understand the roots that cause it? Years by years players send you in support glitches and bugs. Also many reported on forum. There was not even a THANK YOU to the COMMUNITY, not to say a dime reward.

The truth is that nobody stopped you to do it and has nothing to do with the negativity energy in the world. When I want to implement something at work to satisfy the clients or employees (external/internal clients), I do it because they are the most important to the company and show that I cherish them, I do not need to wait 4 years to do it. Same I encourage all the employees to do it.

disciple12 likes this.
  14. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

those are not issues, those are suggestions.. and preferences mostly..

Although your statements are generally right... a lot of issues get the tag "working as intended"

An example.. I pointed out something that's clearly a bug ( reflect being useless if someone has 100% pvp def, basically u only get like 1 damage and your natural heal makes it 0 basically, and the "pvp down" does 0 for reflect, actively killing half the point of the hybrid class, and leaving class with a bunch of useless ass skills and 0 point to even having "reflect down" in game) the answer was working as intended. ck overflow was also working as intended for years lol..

you can test the above statement.. and you will see I am right.. but I guess a lot of the game is meant to be bugged lol..

15. phoenixakos

phoenixakos New Member

6. Too many collectibles. The new content it is coming with too many collectibles to craft an item and low crafting rates. It is too much of time consuming and above all, some of the collectibles stuck to the bags place, which comes to spaces issues. The numbers of items is not in correlation with space in bags and deposit. Also some of the collectibles on low levels and middle levels are useless and should be removed.

8. Kunlun tiger forest should be fixed. It is not long term solution to cut the portion of the map for the texture errors. Those should also find a fix.

And im sure if i continue to read everything i will find more issues..

16. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

6. too many collectible is not an issue lol... its just irrelevant to mast of the player base at this point.. it is still part of the game..

8. Zhou gave a way to not have texture error in tiger forest/ kunlun..

I have not had texture errors in a while now... personally..
    And by his explanation(zhou) the problem lies with the interaction windows has with the game.. not excusing Redfox.. but logic dictates if you the user can fix something minor at your convenience.. you kinda.. should..

Again most of the stuff in that post are preferences.. and if I was Redfox.. I aint reading through all that.. just to actually find the 1 or 2 bugs... they do have a bug section.. that people can post in.. which they have not fixed a lot of..

17. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

" most" not mast

18. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

To summarize to @phoenixakos and @Sirme we can catalog the issues and notion. In any organization we have a system for detecting defects and a system for checking and improving. If I am to draw a parallel. If an employee finds a defect in the system or on a production line, or in a process, he is usually rewarded. Moreover, if it comes with an improvement project, it is reflected in the evaluation system. There is also what we call in specialized language KPIs in place to avoid it. Now, back to 9Dragons we can make categories and rewards like this :

1. Game breaking bugs. This should be the most rewarded discoveries. Here we can include the bug from auction Hefei, where you could gain unmeasured amounts of gold. Also the dupe bug and so on.

2. Game exploits bugs : here we can include bugs such the one from SRS when you broke the door and could teleport directly to last room and kill easy the boss. This was a sensation exploit for leveling and gaining advantage in level.

3. Graphic, texture bugs such as tiger forest in KL. When Zhou gave a fix, the community was divided because many considered it an intervention in the game file that should only be done by the developers. Hence the moral dilemma: can players intervene in the game files to fix bugs or only devs should do it?

4. Hacking & issuing a 3rd party software to gain unfair advantage. Here things are very difficult to prove because you have to have a trained technical eye or know the numbers behind the game mechanisms, including, for example, how much the maximum damage per roll should be and how much you should take in the defense mechanism. character and most of the time we found after countless debates on the forum that those values are broken or have gone crazy from some updates. In the history of 9dragons damage has been the most exploited and bugged, including the skills.

5.Exploiting the game system to gain unfair advantage over others. Here I would include the monopoly of KL bosses and the top resources that have been most exploited to make money. RF also indifferently dealt with the griefing issue that leads to abandoning the game or server. In reality griefing is about players experience through the game. I get it is pvp and you can die, but doing that countless times in one hour, days, weeks months is a bad thing for gamer experience and as I said will lead to abandonment. On the other hand, those who use this practice on players often have serious behavioral problems in real life according to specialized studies conducted by psychologists in online video game communities.

6.RedFox system exploits: ddos attack, server instabilities leading to dcs caused by human intervention, stealing the database with emails and ids it is punished by real law and are cybercrime. These have the highest severity and impacts the game the most. Here gamers can only note this fact because the technical part is in the hands of RF.

7. Black market, spamming and sites that sell gold and cheats. The players here can only report what is happening, it's up to RedFox to solve. It's also their direct interest because they lose money. Black market took all the cash out of the game, thanks to the lottery system practiced in their market.I will add that the black market is a fraud for the American Tax Office (IRS) and anyone who concludes with them is liable to imprisonment. Also, RF could by now to close all sites and black market groups where items are traded by the simple fact that the intellectual property of the items belongs to JWG and is given by contract to RedFox for West.

8.Glitches, bugs that came in game after the devs or RedFox implemented a patch or fixes something. In recent years we have noticed that these things are common. They fix something and break something else. The main code is from 1999, nobody use that anymore. The best thing and investment would be to recode the game. You invest ten thousand dollars, but you avoid many of the problems listed above. GMs tools has already been posted online and those on private servers have it.

9.Community issues. The list I made and was referred here (above) I did it at the beginning of 2020 and was based on issues found in comments from the online environment, from my you tube channel, discord groups and facebook. It was a rank of issues, frequently encountered in player rhetoric. I think it is good to be done and continued every year, with a feedback that was made in a year. This can include issues from the game to issues related to devs, lore and what the community wants to improve. Let's not forget that the players are the ones who are in the game every day and face these things. It can be done also through an anonymous community survey, but in my opinion it is good to have it and show it to RedFox.

10. Continuous improvement on daily forum issues. Adopting continuous improvement (tools and techniques) from companies is a must for RedFox. If you don't have this you well not have happy customers and players. Interaction, image, marketing, sales, feed-back all are part of this. Community manager should advocate for players to RedFox. It is his role. He is between RedFox and players/customers. There must be conversations with the players, with the community, to take over the problems and see what is really happening. Dissatisfaction must be said and resolved, not allowed to gather or put under the rug.

As a final remark, the reward of those who contributed to the game must exist. Even loyal players need to be rewarded somehow. You play for a year, you have contributed, you enter a membership program, you receive something at the end. You are loyal, two, three years, four, you get more. There must not only be taking money from players, there must be the other side of the coin, to give. Freedom of expression and speech must remain the key to the community, democracy has risen on it. ”Democracy” comes from Greece and means the power of the people (demo and kratos). To draw a parallel, without the power of the players community, the game would not exist in the same way as RedFox and this is the ultimate lesson that all publishers learned when it was too late and lost the game community and game itself.

19. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

7 and 9 are basically dead on stated.. just my point of view..

20. Askonenuage

Askonenuage New Member

Hackers and cheaters still selling cheat items, after so many "attempt" to fix this thread will probably be other ignored or deleted/closed soon or later. This is exactly how redfox will respond to thread with proof that they cant deny the truth. So sad, all my money i have spent to redfox seem to be wasted in nothing useful at all. Maybe they are just too busy atm with work, something like cleaning some cheaters and blackmarket dealers name, because it is so obviously that he is cheating. Well done, now all we need is a dirty money secret between blackmarket and redfox to complete this 2020 drama.