Copyrights, Trademarks, Etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zodiac, Oct 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

Most of you may know, or not know, that Rumble Fighter originates from Gem Fighter. However, what you may not realize is, that Gem Fighter is actually derived as a loose knockoff of the Capcom version, Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix. In regards to this information just given to you, there is a very good reason why the developers from Nimonix themselves do not want to get involved within the future of this game, hence them seeming to not care. Not to mention, their company site's latest announcement was some old 2012 article about how they have moved onto developing virtual headset taekwondo lesson programs, which makes sense considering that the head developer's LinkedIn profile shows that his first degree was rather in model engineering. So, if Nimonix truly wants to create a much more structured baseline of the overall game, they will need to first change the very core of the game itself. That means removing any signs of possible similarities to Capcom's game. Once that first step is resolved, then the company can move forward with adjustments to the game title... Possibly switch from Korea's Gem Fighter to the US' Rumble Fighter, as doing so would allow them to gain full independence from Capcom's looming shadow. With that said, even when that's done, what motivation does the company itself have? It owns a single game, no more, no less. The original target audience of this game was for young children, anywhere between 10 to 17, but no futher. Yet, as we can quite clearly see from the current community, that the players themselves have not moved out, and therefore the demographic is actually looking from 10 to 30 at this point. If Nimonix wants their vision of the age range to be specific, but the community shows otherwise, then it simply means the failure of the business and marketing model. Some may object that the community decides what a game is, sure. Although, let's face the facts here: the company is the owner, the business model can be reshaped to be more precise on the target demographic, and the audience renews literally by the hour, thanks to the internet. I am not saying that I do not care about ourselves, the audience, but that I fully understand the terms of a reality that sides with a running business. We, the business, exist to serve the people... in order to profit. If things don't go as planned, we hold the ultimate decision to route our next venture, and quite frankly, Nimonix have already gone on a different road. Rumble Fighter's creator wants to be an aspiring taekwondo teacher for schoolchildren, and that's how this game will essentially stay as, a precursor to his real goal.

A personal note, I have every capability to offer substantial changes that are made in my own modified version of this game... However I will not suggest a single one unless I know for sure of what our head developer is seriously thinking about the next steps.

HumoLoco, HYTNANO and KaruWhite like this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

This game has never been under threat from Capcom, they renamed the game in America to avoid conflicting copyright names and confusion. RF being homage to Gem Fighter Mini Mix is OOOOLD news, if RF was gonna get litigated against for use of intellectual properties it would have LONG ago but theres already been a court case setting precedent from the 90s that fighting games dont have intellectual rights over special attacks other than their proper names i.e. in the Street Fighter vs Fighters History case it was basically ruled both games could HAVE a hadoken but only Street Fighter could SAY hadoken.

Hercule likes this.
  3. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

When seen from the perspective of an average person, the negativity bias most commonly applies regardless. Once a ripoff, always a ripoff. Nobody really wants that label, but in the end, that's decided by society. Not to mention, when the main target audience are young kids from 10 - 17, gossip like that spreads like wildfire, quickly turning to trends or controversy. Whatever we see currently is a direct reflection of what the community thinks of the game. With that said, we all know it is a Dead Game, a terminology adopted by the entire gaming spectrum upon the world. How do you compete with that?

4. MJBxRawr

MJBxRawr New Member

Only result it is Nimonix sell the game.

RockLee likes this.
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

So you understand the game is bad right now because the community believes / perceives the game to be bad? ;)

6. gottablast

gottablast Member

Hey @Tengu just now I disconnected because I tried to info somebody, and now im getting an error trying to log back in the game :( ..this is just one of rumble fighter's 99 problems =/

7. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

My understanding is clear: I'm still playing it, and for whatever reason I seem to have, unforeseen by the rest, it is probably because the game is not just nothing. Possibly nostalgia... Possibly a mental disability... Whatever it may be, I continue outside of the thought process swirling among the others. Do I have a legitimate opinion of it? No, not at all, much like how I have no opinion on why I eat or sleep everyday. It just seems to be, 'in there.' However, can it be replaced? How can I know, without it actually happening, and will it happen? Again, I have no clue. If a paying job were to replace my time on RF, is that some change? Does it really matter? Will my social, metaphysical aspects of life truly differ with a job rather than playing RF? Can another game alter my consciousness to the next tier, or will there just be nothing else?

What exactly is RF?

In all honesty, I wouldn't know... or care. I simply play it. Then again, if I had to do another Vlad Hell Rush because the server disconnects one more player from our team, I'm going to have a fit.

8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You think other games are perfect? You ever play Killer Instinct Gold? Or any Bethesda game?

9. gottablast

gottablast Member

I get it, man. You look at rf like an arcade game, but some people saw the bigger picture.

10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The bigger picture is nearly no game is truly perfect, in fact most are far from it. Your expectations are unrealistic if you expect things to be faultless especially if the games as open-ended as RF.

Do sign up for my tournament tho <3

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  11. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

You've never played Metroid Prime or RE4.

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Emphasis on nearly. Also Metroid 1-4 > any Prime

13. gottablast

gottablast Member

What are you even talking about? Who said anything about being perfect? Let me show you how stubborn you sound.
    >You said the game is bad because the community perceives it that way
    >I tell you I disconnect often and have trouble logging in. (Bad game) (2 of 99 problems)
    >Then you go on to say I should expect problems

wtf ?

I don't want to start anything, just trying to understand why you defend a game that never really left Beta

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  14. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Spoken like a tru 50 year old
    That’s interesting af

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

e.e What am I talking about? Im responding to YOUR stupid arbitrary bug example that you pretend is EXCLUSIVE to RF like other games are flawless w/o any bugs. Get the f*** outta here w your unrealistic ass, go play any Bethesda game and then talk to me about bugs. 9/10 players when asked what they hate most about the game will say the community and like someone else already said only we control how much exposure a game gets and what type of exposure it gets and our content creators, @NJSmasher aside, are failing miserably. And yes right now the game has a bad atmosphere purely because of the players garbage attitudes and trashy reinforced behaviors (cry over exos, kickm if they got wings, blame the rare if they lost). People who blame RedFox, GC and Nimonex for the games woes obviously havent been paying much attention to whats been going in front of the curtain and need to stop blaming the people behind it who until a certain point actually catered to our requests for a long time.

16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Not really off topic. Surprised to see someone saying something thats actually intelligent. Aside from what you said RF needs a wiki / information source i.e. wowhead.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Draygashi and HYTNANO like this.
  17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nah I played Prime when it first came out back in MS and I've actually played 1-4 + Prime1 in the last few years and I gotta be real the 2d metroids aged way better. Prime makes me feel like I'm playing a slightly less stiff Goldeneye.

18. gottablast

gottablast Member

the game is not good man and it has nothing to do with the community because there is none rofl just admit the developers gave up a long time ago let it go bud = (

no point in even trying to talk sense into someone who isnt even decent at the game anyways u dont know how to understand

19. gottablast

gottablast Member

all rf did since the beginning was cater towards p2w and casual play that is not ok like no sht rf died tbh rf never even had a great population.. decent at best.. for like a couple years. lol.
    rumble fighter been in beta for the last 13 years lool

20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

If the game isnt good why are you here? You DO realize most fighter games receive little (if ANY) updates after release, they stop being supported usually 2-3 years after release entirely (KI 2013-2016). RF didnt stop receiving content until 2018-2019ish, 11 years after its 2007 beginnings and 3-4x longer than most. Lemme tell you about a little old game called MVC3. That s*** released in Febuary 2011 /w two Day-1 DLC characters (they were even on the disc already for f*** sake) only to RESELL YOU THE WHOLE GAME for its new characters as ULTIMATE marvel in November THE SAME YEAR (2011) for ANOTHER 65 bucks with same 2 characters from the mvc3 STILL locked behind a pay wall and it NEVER got any new characters added after release. And thats not even the Marvel game to play now bc when MVC Infinite came out it fractured its community between the games then crashed/burned so they can later resell you the full game again as a part2. Meanwhile I bought Koroshu and Muhon in 2008 and Im -STILL- using that same Koroshu on the same version against content that released a year or 2 ago. If you think the devs gave up on this game "a long time ago" youre sheltered a f and you dont know what devs giving up actually looks like.

You wanna talk about skill? Im sorry how many scrolls have you made? Go on I'll wait. Dont talk about skill then call the game p2w ESPECIALLY when moons the most common stage. I saw Mewtwo skunk statters on his freetoplay account constantly when he still played. You could give GREAT players from other fighter games 50000RC and they would still get rekt. GMs can have 3x the max stat cap and an even better version of the best scroll in the game and they STILL get destroyed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.