Regarding dupe incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by upirank, Sep 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upirank

upirank Active Member

As you all know, or may not know there is a dupe/hack incident ongoing, which is only recently discovered and being deal with from redfox site. Since i have been friendly warned from a friend of mine, who told me GC got the same problem with dupe/hack in the past and close down a few months after that. I have read the term of service that is provided by redfox, when i made my account, in my own opinion, it is not wise to spend any money to charge CC at this moment, where everything is unclear about the future of this game.

A part taken from the term of service:
    Term of Service
    2.3.2 Cash Shop / Cash Items.
    YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ONCE YOU AUTHORIZE US OR OTHER DESIGNATED PAYMENT SERVICE TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT, SUCH AMOUNT SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE REFUNDABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UPON TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT FOR ANY REASON, TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, TERMINATION OF THE CASH SHOP AND/OR THE DISCONTINUATION OF THE SERVICE.

There is literally no warning given from redfox side until now regarding this problems. That would mean, if i ever charge CC and the game happen to be closed down my money is gone for good and bye bye.

This is open for discussion and await for confirmation about the situation from redfox side.
    Disclaimer: This is purely my own and only thought about the situation in this server, it do not have any manipulation or sabotage to make redfox look bad. Well if you know what i mean.

dankiel91 and Swim like this.
  2. BobThePriest

BobThePriest Active Member

I think that is normal with any service

3. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

Let s wait and see. People are keep pushing the idea that the servers will close for more than 2 years now. I think i saw on the forum a statement from one of the staff. According to him/her the game will not close for the foreseeable future. This does not mean that the exploiting of the crafting system is not a danger to the game. I believe that the worst part is that the trust is gone. You dont know what and with whom is safe to trade anymore. Hunting down exploiters of the crafting system is only one part of the solution. The more important part is updating the game so that the exploits wont work anymore.

renatokpz, ZhouWarden and [GM]Ahri like this.
  4. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

So I just came back to game, what are we supposed to be looking out for thats been duped?

5. upirank

upirank Active Member

Oh! My friend, i have been taken the task to open the eyes of the unbeliever. Chapter 1 verse 6 part 1.. Well, joking aside, it is same for all service, but there are some form of refund system that let you redeem your not used currency of the game/system. Take a professional example of Steam.

Taken from STEAM® SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT

I. Refunds and Right of Withdrawal

Without prejudice to any statutory rights you may have, you can request a refund for your purchases on Steam in accordance with the terms of Valve’s Refund Policy http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/.

Taken from the STEAM REFUNDS

STEAM WALLET REFUNDS
    You may request a refund for Steam Wallet funds within fourteen days of purchase if they were purchased on Steam and if you have not used any of those funds.

As you can see, there is always a form to redeem those kind of thing, if the service happen to be closed down on "notice". So that players can prepare and get their stuff refund for the time they are not playing. Same i could say for premium in this game. If any patch is mess up by redfox, we never receive any bonus time for premium, the best we could get is some useless sorry blabla.

Taken from BLIZZARD END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

2. Blizzard Balance.
    b. Purchases of Blizzard Balance are non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law.

In any of those case, there should always be higher law order to overwrite the term of service, once it got to court and the whole story is open to public. Everything written in the term of service would always act against you as players, but nothing will overwrite real world law, except if their company is actually in the asia. That would just complicate thing a lot, but soon or later it will be solved. I hope this is informative enough for you guys.

Disclaimer: This is part taken from other publisher, it may or may not be apply to redfox, well except for the real world law, it will apply to anyone in anytime taken to be in their country.

6. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Just don't buy stuff from those people on FB. Or don't buy stuff that is too good to be true. Report it to GM Support if you see something that is too good to be true. You know it's a scam if someone is selling full set of rank 8 kulun relics. Or for sure the latest seastorm weapon/hainan relics.

7. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

You could submit a refund if you didn't spend the credits. But as far as I know through all the PC/Mobile games I've been playing in the last 20 years. You do not get any refunds if the game closes or in terms of hacking. Once you charge up, you should consider it a loss. Entertainment costs money >.<

8. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

ToS is just an agreement between you and the company, not common law. A contract like ToS between the two party, one call ”the company” as provider/seller and other ”the player” as consumer/buyer, having the "service"(as game license and virtual goods) as main content is call adherence contract, which is subject to the law in the countries where the RedFox service operates. The clauses are subject to the law verification, also to the Court of Laws, that can nullify the clauses if are against the civil law and the consumers law in general. When Acclaim closed we asked a US lawyer opinion on their refund and the credits you didn't spend in the virtual market were subject to the refund. Also, the consumer was entitle to moratory damages.

Because RedFox has is headquarter in CA, they should have business 3rd party liability insurance, meaning in case of consumer liability can activate the insurance and take money from there to pay the consumers for their loss.

In EU we are well protected, against unfair contract terms (93/13/EEC), on unfair commercial practices (2005/29/EC) and on electronic commerce (2000/31/EC) and directive 1999/44/EC on sales of consumer goods and directive 97/7/EC.

The law of consumer (in our case who pays for the credits) starts with the premise the consumer is weak against a company and needs law protection. Indeed, they are as vulnerable or disadvantaged as consumers who are entering a contract with a party acting in the course of their trade, business or profession. Their weak position is not only a consequence of the strength of the other party acting in the course of their business activities (fully informed and in a strong bargaining position), but can also arise from the kind of service specified in the contract – digital content –, the manner in which the contract is concluded (by electronic means) and, in general, the probable lack of information.

So, in my opinion as players we are in a good position vs RedFox. Also who responds before the law is the administrator (general administrator) of the company named in the legal papers (Articles of Incorporation), not GMs or RF staff. They are subject to 3rd party contract as labor contract or service providers.

In case the service close down, or in case of bankruptcy, the court procedure is initiated, and those who hold receivables (credits on RedFox) register at the credit table, even employees if they did not receive their salaries. It's a long procedure and you need a lawyer. It is the famous chapter 14. Companies pay a fund against insolvency and of course there are penalties against the administrator.

Remember, any contract you enter in has a risk. Nothing is safe and guaranteed, especially in the virtual world. How you exercise your rights and obligations is personal and is up to you. What you want to do in one situation or another is also your personal decision. Whether the money invested is worth the effort and how much you have to spend to get it back or if you take it personal in justice system is just your decision.

Also, as consumer you can ask RedFox to change the ToS by sending a notification with the arguments vs the law.

As for closing down, any company has risks when operates in business world. Even it is not a close down, could be a merger by absorption and everything change, or can be sold to another owner and so on. They can decide to close a game that don't bring them profit anymore or two. JWG also can change the partner of 9dragons if they want when the contract with RedFox expires. In the equation we have many unknowns.

Even so, this case has hurt the prestige and image of the game in front of the community, especially since the community was very active in fighting this guys and the black market for a clean game and all of us told RedFox they have big problems. Consumer trust is destroyed and needs time to regenerate. In same time, RedFox needs a good event to bring back the community into the game.

Prevention and trust are the key words in the months to come. We don't give up so easy. If RedFox is able to do it stays in their own strength and team work. Communication is also something they need to change around here. You guys need to be inside the game to see you, not on invisible mode we will not eat you if you try to talk with us, your players.

9. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Anyone can show some proof? I dont believe that dupe is possible. As far as I know that was fixed years ago.

10. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

Proof

Attached Files:

11. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

I was too disappointed with how Redfox works. They delete the item for no reason, no reply to the ticket, delete the ticket, ban the account for no reason. If you purchase the dupe item, the item will be deleted and the transaction will not be refunded. Don't buy or sell anything for now and don't donate anything to Redfox either.

12. upirank

upirank Active Member

They will not refund you anything if you cant provide them any trade agreement for those items. So basically if you got scam it is your own problem not their problem. It is written on their Term of service.

13. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

@RF I wanna hear a freaking official statement. Is dupe real? Or are these just speculations? Because a Sea Storm weapon doesn't tell me anything. Mirror can be farmed since LL GC revamp plus mirror can drop from illusive mobs. 2 mirrors= 100 % garantuee for craft with the mirror book. So idk why people see that as proof. I want some official statement we deserve to know it as we might be all affected by it in trades.

14. upirank

upirank Active Member

If it was a real items, it would not get removed by GM, so it is a dupe items and redfox is doing nothing atm except for removing them. This statement is already clear as the sky, why do you think they have the time and resource to waste by removing items from players for fun? They will have to reply and official statement soon, once they have find a solution to stop the dupe/hack.

15. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

Look at option bracer bro you can’t make 6 option highest on weapon. They dupe alot of bracer and use Gold Option Switch to save option to
    make 6 option highest on weapon. If u need more proof see this image

16. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

Attached Files:

17. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

u can see they can equip 5 queen 10 in slot accessory .

18. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Alright if those ss are real this is f@king messed up. Great job JWG, great f@king job.

19. NongDanVN

NongDanVN New Member

I know 9d is an old game and has lots of bugs. RF has also worked hard to fix the existing bugs, but the way they are behaving is bad. Me and my team have quit the game. I hope people will not have the same situation as me and my friends. Good luck.

20. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

We have discovered that certain players in 9Dragons are acquiring various in-game content in a manner that was not intended and violates the terms set out in the End User License Agreement (EULA). Players that are promoting these acts of violation violate the EULA.

The developers have already applied the necessary fixes for the issue. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us an inquiry. To ensure a fair game for everyone, we continuously monitor for acts that may give players an unintended unfair advantage and deal with them accordingly.

Furthermore, we would like to remind everyone that in the End User License Agreement (EULA) strictly prohibits RMT, because it can lead to fraud and other illegal activities. The necessary measures will be taken against individuals/organizations that partake in RMT. Real money transaction (RMT), also known as real-world item trading, is the act of trading 9Dragons items or services for anything outside of 9Dragons (usually real-world money), or vice versa. Items in 9Dragons are considered Virtual Goods of RedFox Games, and therefore, it cannot be considered the personal property of the player. Players who conduct RMT violate 2.2 Code of Conduct., and risk being permanently banned without warning.

We ask players to observe the rules set out in the End User License Agreement so that we can all enjoy 9Dragons together as it is intended to be played.

Alys2, Sedolh, ninhho and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.