Some question for the people, whom want to merge the servers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UninPro, Aug 30, 2020.

1. UninPro

UninPro New Member

How to merge? The currently RF team have so much of work to do rather than merge the servers.
    E.g: There are so much players whom used USD/money in this game but they are not online in recent time. So how to move them if there name is already exist in other side?
    We have used so much of time/USD for my band but the band master has been offline so long time. So how to move band and member to other sever?

These will be a big of work for RF and there are so much of potential trouble/issues that need much time to resolve.

2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

You’ve already said it, it’s a lot of work.
    RF don’t like work therefore it won’t happen

3. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Even if the servers merged it wouldn’t be enough to bring the game back

teokisss4 likes this.
  4. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

Why need the bands? On Tao are enough. Yang was merged, it can be done the same.

5. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why and You know it is not the same as Yang was:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, GM said that some things will not be transferred and we believe it.
    Should we really believe it? Why can't they be moved as just a database entries.

6. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

ID mismatches, names overlap, character UIDs... Also what would you do if you have 3 Tao and 3 Yin characters? There's a lot of things like that. But it's still doable in many ways.

7. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Agree, it's doable in many ways but since a clean transfer without any loss of information is way too mich work the best way would be to simply sacrifce certain things.
    Examples
    - Name is taken? choose another one.
    - You have chars on Tao + Yin? Choose which one you want to keep (Server)
    - Disband all bands and refund enough experience items so it can reach same level
    - This list can go on and on

8. qaonly

qaonly Member

How about the case in post #1: that the players/members are not online in recent time?
    Do you want to delete his char on Tao or Yin ? Will you happy if your favorite char has been deleted just by you was offline in the time?

9. Storm3289

Storm3289 New Member

Redfox can be tranfer all data Yin to Tao ( char, item, band,...) with word "Yin" add to char name. After merge they can do sell change name pill.
    All pls can see Yin death, but i dont know redfox cant see nothing.

10. UninPro

UninPro New Member

"name change pill" is big problem and it will take a lot of time to do. lol.

11. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

As said before.....all Yin players don't want to go to Tao server....
    To be honest, it's an hand full of players who want that to happen which isn't enough for RF to merge or transfer toons.

This topic thread has been made many times with the same stale results...merge will not happen.

Dragy, BirdbrainX and Daoji like this.
  12. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

This has been been one of THE most typical threads / requests on 9D forums since Asura, or do most forget this?
    The PvP population, or player-type is not the same as that of Tao (never mind that of the KR version)! ! !

PvE'ers play ... everyday, without care, nor concern for events, exp etc !
    PvP'ers play ... ONLY if there is an event ! Over the last year (or longer) 2X events have not been good enough, even though the server already has higher rates. IF there was a merger, which I am 100% against, Yin's ex-patriots would head to the forums demanding better rates... as they have over the last what ... 14+ years??

Is it truly that unreasonable for Yin'ers to simply be active everyday---imagine if Yin's population applied their efforts and forum-time to being active in-game how Yin would look like !

If you doubt what I am saying think contemplate why it is ALWAYS the PvP server population asking for mergers ...
    You will not see the PvE pop asking for such since they truly <<33 9D and are truly active (they best emulate that of the KR'ers!!

Dragy likes this.
  13. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

I hope you aren't talking about me, cuz I AM active everyday - other than the times in the day when I take my meals and/or naps. Perks of being retired. :p

Now that we do not have farmable events, I can only drop back to KL farm on weekdays and tend to relax on weekends even with the x2/3 golden time. My other friends do enjoy the weekend golden time more than me tho, but my farm sessions are only permitted during the 4 days of the weekend without the golden time handicap.

I think the problem here may be that some people who do complain on the forums tend to forget that people play in different timezones, and also may not be playing during their active IRL hours due to other commitments.

Daoji and Bankz like this.
  14. BirdbrainX

15. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

I'm happy on yin, I have no reason to merge with Tao...

Freely speaking everyone that wants to merge with Tao could just go make a Tao toon and sell/trade items from yin to tao...but I guess that's too much work for them :confused:
    If you truly love the game and understand the game, starting from scratch isn't a big deal...most things are farm-able now as well as gold is in high demand. You can easily farm gold and get all needed gear. :D

Daoji and BirdbrainX like this.
  16. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

BirdbrainX, I am sure you know in your heart that I am NOT talking about you, nor Bankz (warrior <<33), and if I offended either, I do apologize.

As a zombie-grinder I am able to see ... to a degree whom is truly active and who is casual, merely looking for the easy road / handouts.

Long-live Yin (aka ASURA !!!), and all active 9D players!

Bankz and BirdbrainX like this.
  17. BirdbrainX

No offense taken. Just having trying to infuse a little humour into the topic. :)

18. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Nah it's all fun.
    (Long live warriors!)
    Sometimes I just have to chime in when people repeat threads like it'll change something...

Ozbud likes this.
  19. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

I do try to do the same, however, I was reminded recently that some so not see my version of haha / sarcasm =( (re: name change / blue dragon box thread). Somebody thought I was a brand of bubble gum, chewing on my a$$ ;D
    I hope the person doesn't try blowing bubbles...

Oh yah. If I / we had 10CC per similar thread, we'd have multiple UT's :p

Bankz and BirdbrainX like this.
  20. bgpine1963

bgpine1963 New Member

I suggest a full review on the servers themselves and the code it uses to keep players from disconnecting while going to Heife. My computers can handle video heavy games like SWTOR or Destiny 2 and still I get DC because of video issues playing 9Dragons?? Wow! Do I need to dust off my old Windows XP or Win97 Computers to play??