Boss Mode Rush Questions and Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [GM]Shadow, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

@Starberry what if we got 2 bms cleared without losing HP and 1 with getting some dmg ? That means we gonna get 8 orchi (3,3,2) and the flag at total ?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  2. HinagikuRin

HinagikuRin Active Member

What is the ruling on back/neck items that regen hp by converting it from sp by standing still, is that considered ok or no?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  3. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Just state which maps you did so that the team can look under the challenge criteria if applicable. For example, if you did 2 BMs under the Challenge criteria and not for the third one, you'll get 8 Orichalcon & Fighter's Battle Flag.

These items will be allowed. You should state which team members are using the particular back item under your submission.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  4. Catastrofal

Catastrofal New Member

@Starberry , you say it's allowed but it's clearly written in the event description any healing item are not allowed. Can someone actually clarify this?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  5. Starberry

Yup, I can confirm that it's allowed. Since there's a time limit & requires you to stand still for it to work, there isn't going to be much time for you to recover HP.

Any use of HP healing pouch items, as well as HP healing items picked up on the ground will be forbidden though.

Hope this answers your concerns! xD

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  6. Catastrofal

Catastrofal New Member

Alright, thanks.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  7. HinagikuRin

HinagikuRin Active Member

The boss mode event is basically dying at this point, the first one had 29 submissions, second one had 12 and the last one also had 12. People are losing interest in it with these timed prizes either give out perm items or increase the amount of bm events per month. It will be the same people doing the events. This event is not encouraging to new players or players who do not care about boss mode prizes.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  8. ThyShadowMaster

ThyShadowMaster Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Would I be able to post a video of doing two of the BMs and then later another one with the same team and get the flag for us all or nay?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    HBOYPOWER likes this.
  9. Starberry

The main prizes to Boss Mode Rush are typically the Orichalcon & Flags. The timed items are there as a bonus and for nostalgia purposes instead of having them collect dust.

Hey dude :)

If you need more practice with a certain stage, you can post the other maps first if you'd like. Just remember to have all of them there by the deadline so you don't miss out on the flag.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  10. xTeddyBear

xTeddyBear Active Member

Pause
    Abandoned mine hell is do-able to me without exo or revive for sure. i know i can do that solo
    (just don't have enough time to kill boss).
    BUT you want us to do a copy and paste BOSSMODE of BOSSES with NO ATTACK PATTERN?
    Like EVERY BOSS MODE in ANY GAME i have EVER PLAYED the BOSS HAD an ATTACK PATTERN and they MADE IT BEATABLE OTHERWISE they WOULDN'T RELEASE IT.
    White tiger isle might be ok to a point but we have a boss like snowman with no cooldown on any more and attacks instantly with no warning or hint. might as well include pirate hard in this event. if you can beat that with no revive you get all the items in the game perm.
    DO THEY EVEN TRY AND RUN THE BOSSMODE (WITHOUT REVIVE) BEFORE RELEASING IT? (not everyone can pay to win)

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

They try and ran the boss mode with 3rd party and released it.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  12. Starberry

All the Boss Modes can be cleared, as tested by moderators. I would recommend stacking up on HP potions as they have a 30 second cooldown between them. If your HP is dropping, it'll be best to use the potions as soon as you can.

This will involve some teamwork for sure, but I can assure you that it can be done. :)

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  13. Reflex

Reflex Member

Hey Starberry, could you clear up some of my questions about this current bm rush event?

Is consuming an HP food on the ground cheese, noodles, steak, etc. illegal?

What if you consume a question item and it gives you HP?

What if you consume an HP item when you have full HP?

Is consuming any non-hp item ok?

If the boss is on red bar can you hit the boss without an exo on?

What if a team member disconnects but you still manage to finish?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  14. Starberry

For sure dude, no problemo.

For this month's Boss Mode Rush, you will be allowed to pick up any food items that spawn.

Same answer as above.

This should be self-explanatory, but if you pick up HP food when you have full HP already, then that's just an example of poor teamwork. You should reserve HP items if you or your team members truly need it.

Yes this is also fine (SP potions for example). Just no usage of Soulstone & Verda's Coin.

You and the rest of your team must have an ExoCore equipped right when you make it to the Red Bar HP phase. If you dish out damage without having one on, then your entry will not be counted. Your ExoCore gauge will serve as a "ticking time bomb" so when it runs out for your team, you fail.

If your team member disconnects during loading, kindly restart the stage with them. If they happen to disconnect mid-way through for a specific map, it is your responsibility to inform us with your submission.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  15. Reflex

Reflex Member

If your exo gauge runs out do you fail or can you wait for it to come back?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  16. Reflex

Reflex Member

sorry for the double post, we only need to kill the boss with an exo core on, not finish it off with a skill to kill it right?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  17. Starberry

No. Once you unequip your ExoCore or your ExoCore gauge runs out, you must sit out. When the entire team's ExoCores wear off or are unequipped, you fail.

You will need to finish it off with a skill attack (or have a team member use a skill to finish). Devil Giant ExoCore is the only exception as it's skills do nothing against bosses.

HBOYPOWER and Reflex like this.
  18. Reflex

Reflex Member

got it

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  19. Recount

Recount New Member

Its not fair that people are not receiving their rewards becuase you were not clear with the rules.
    The rules clearly say if you deplete your exo guage u fail. You can clearly see in the video that the player did not deplete their exo guage but instead had misclicked and took off the exo by accident. What is the point of making an edit to the post after most people had already submitted their videos.
    Instead of waiting a whole month to tell people that they did not complete the tasks properly, it would be smarter to inform them once they have submitted their video.
    If you guys are going to host events like this, it would be alot more convenient if you were more clear with the rules.
    People should not be punished for your mistakes.
    Hopefully someone reads this and I receive my Fighters Battle Flag.
    IGN: Zanzu

HBOYPOWER and HumoLoco like this.
  20. Starberry

Hey there!

The post was edited on May 8th, not even 24 hours after the event was posted. At the time of the edit, there were only 2 submissions posted (and were later edited by the posting forum accounts). Please note that the following ruling is posted on the event thread, under Event Requirements :
    • Please make sure video submissions are of completed runs; this means that you should check your work before submitting it onto the thread.
    On top of the mistakes made by you and your team in the Abandoned Mine & Frozen Lake run, one of your teammates did not defeat the boss with an ExoCore skill attack in White Tiger Isle.

Criteria for prize distribution is described below.

Situation : Entire Team made errors.
    Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Did not use an ExoCore in Abandoned Mine
    [GM]Kyubi : Did not use an ExoCore in Frozen Lake & Abandoned Mine
    [TA]Fang : Did not use an ExoCore in White Tiger Isle 
    Outcome :
    Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Gets Frozen Lake & White Tiger Isle map prize.
    [GM]Kyubi : Gets White Tiger Isle map prize.
    [TA]Fang : Gets Frozen Lake & Abandoned Mine prize.
    Team : Does NOT get a Fighter's Battle Flag
    Situation : Only a part of your team made errors.
    Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Did not make any errors.
    [GM]Kyubi : Did not make any errors.
    [TA]Fang : ExoCore not equipped until Boss's HP (Red Bar Phase) was down 60% in Frozen Lake.
    Outcome :
    Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Gets all map prizes.
    [GM]Kyubi : Gets all map prizes.
    [TA]Fang : Does not get Frozen Lake map prize.
    Team : Gets Fighter's Battle Flag EXCEPT [TA]Fang.

Situation : Team made no errors.

Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Did not make any errors.
    [GM]Kyubi : Did not make any errors.
    [TA]Fang : Did not make any errors.
    Outcome :
    Code:
    [GM]Shadow : Gets all map prizes.
    [GM]Kyubi : Gets all map prizes.
    [TA]Fang : Gets all map prizes.
    Team : Gets Fighter's Battle Flag.

HBOYPOWER and HumoLoco like this.