Our accounts are under attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eroine, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Hello RedFox,
    This morning many people complaint in discord that our gmail accounts of 9Dragons are under attack (try to be hacked) by certain groups from VN origin. What is going on ? You have a big security problem on your servers that are constantly under DDOS attacks. We have plenty of screens on VN locations and hacks attempts on our accounts. Apple @icloud accounts seems to be safe for now.

Please do fix this ASAP. It is a big problem.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Swim, disciple12 and upirank like this.
  2. upirank

upirank Active Member

Well one of my old yahoo account keep pop up mail about certify my login too, same login from VN IPs.

Eroine likes this.
  3. SirDracula

SirDracula Member

Some tryed to me too . I know place and name already

Swim and Eroine like this.
  4. Tset1

Tset1 New Member

I've had two attempts from an IP address in VN to access my main email, but it's not one I use for here. Not sure what's going on.

5. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Can someone show a screenshot of how do mail looks like?? I'm not quite sure if I got one.
    I use an outlook account tho,,

6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

When you have a two-factor authentication on your phone a pop up will come and will alert that someone wants to connect to your account.

or
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  7. upirank

upirank Active Member

Yes, it is better to add that second option on login, so you will need a code from your phone to actually login on those emails.

8. qaonly

qaonly Member

From the information described in your images:
    1. They attack to your Gmail account by using your Gmail password, so This is your issue not RedFox and I do not think RedFox can fix this for you.
    2. The IP "134.249.139.239" is Ukraine IP not Vietnam IP, So why you said they are Vietnam?

9. upirank

upirank Active Member

You.. at least know how basic ISP work right?

10. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

That was an e.g. how looks the message you can get if someone try to hack you gmail account, it is not how the real one from our accounts looks like it.Can vary from display to display and situations. He ask e.g. not our personal emails messages. That would be confidential due GDPR and I will not post it in here, but the IP tried to hack is VN.
    Anyway the odd thing is that many of us in same time after logging in 9Dragons and after DDOS attack got some hack attempts on the gmail accounts. My icloud account is fine tho.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  11. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Not sure what DDoS attacks have to do with mail hacking. Also I hope this is just a coincidence. Because what you are implying is that they got access to a list of RF's user email addresses and that's only possible if they hacked the database. Which I highly doubt, else we'd be in big trouble.

12. Dannyboi

Dannyboi New Member

Considering the fact that not even the website is secured (check in upper left corner of web browser) and the fact that the ddos attacks have been going on pretty much since 4th event started, would it really be surprising?we only found out about the ddos recently, who knows for how long they've been having problems?

13. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 Member

multiple times from taiwan and vn cant confirm it has any todo with RF but strange since we all playing 9d who are effected

14. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

The attached screenshot doesn't look like it's from Google. Be careful phishing is usually done through email, ads or by sites that look similar to sites that you already use. Don’t click any links or provide personal information until you've confirmed that the email is real.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Fak...ted-Emails-Lead-to-Phishing-Site-422210.shtml

15. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

That is just one e.g. on how you can be pop up in phone that someone try to hack you and red means is shield protected (see the shield above red/anti-hacking system). Also I posted another one above. The fact remains : why in same day our gmail accounts linked to 9dragons tried to be hacked by VN Ips? We like to know that, cause we only linked the emails from gmail with 9d account and it is not used as personal or so.

The VN IP is from Hanoi on our gmail accounts. From where you get your DDOS attacks if it is not confidential ?

This was the other e.g.

16. nerkus789x

nerkus789x Active Member

Hi.
    It might be real that someone is trying to hack our accounts. I have received message from ,,Paypal", that one of my accounts with certain email might be compromised. So asked me to change password for Paypal account. Looks like its 9D account :eek:

17. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I have similar problems with 9D linked email but not personal accounts

18. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Oke and so still the other question remains if this doesn't look like Google, why is the site/forum not even safe??
    Sounds pretty basic stuff to do, especially when also RF, twelve sky 2, can check our forum. Does that mean if u hack an Rumble Fight account so u can also get acces to the 9d accounts?.
    Sounds to me, we need a lot of answer and we have over 9000 questions.
    But maybe your right. Having the texture error fixed sounds more important than a secure game.

19. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Privacy and security is at risk one way or another in here. Lucky some of us have two factor login and antivirus on PC, laptop and phone and can not direct you to the page to steal the accounts. In European Union we have implemented GDPR and companies operating under EU territory (even they are US or other base territory) must comply to the EU rules and keep our accounts safe.

If we take the logic, who attacks RF ? What is the motive/reason ? It is clear they want to steal something and that would be game client (code) + accounts/payment details. What else you can get from a game company that operates with games ? I saw on internet how hackers copied (hacked) the K client of game so attacking RF would be piece of cake for those guys. Also many private servers teams said clear on discord that RF is not safe and they could see the numbers of coding (in/out) on RF 9d servers and could take the client + apply hacks in game.

So, you guys have security issues and is better to concentrate to fix them.