Bro Lag is Real

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Psychopathic, Jan 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Psychopathic

Psychopathic New Member

So when ever I play RF the lag isn't bad but with a few people. one person is my friend. see the odd thing is i brought them to my house once and there was no lag. I played with them at their house and the lag wasn't bad. So why is it when we play at our own houses the lag is bad, but we live next to each other....
    Also when ever we fight in a room it can't be bigger than 5, for better experience we can only 1v1 each other, which is still laggy.

2. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

what internet do you have and your friend have? It would be explain if both of you have different internet.

3. Psychopathic

Psychopathic New Member

we both have optimum wi-fi same router

HumoLoco likes this.
  4. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hi @Psychopathic,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your friends. Since the lag is not present when they are at your residence, but happens when they are at home in the same neighborhood, you may want to consider checking whether your Wi-Fi connections are under the same Wi-Fi channel. If they are, this can cause some interference or unstable connection. You can check Wi-Fi channels around your area by grabbing software to do this such as : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html

After you've reviewed this information, you can try to switch your Wi-Fi channel by navigating into your router settings. You'll need the login information (typically found on the side, back or bottom of the router) as well.

5. MJBxRawr

MJBxRawr New Member

Fix the lag!

6. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

Still not good.