[Launcher Issues] game not starting after clicking launcher

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Parpaing, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Parpaing

Parpaing New Member

I've downloaded the game on both steam and playredfox, and on the both of them, once I try to start the game, something loads, then nothing happens. If I open RFstl on steam, it tells me that steamworks is not initialized, if I go through steam, it tells me "initializing" gives me a prompt to allow it to edit files, then nothing happens.
    If I make it automatically launch as admin, then start it through steam, it gives me an error 900.
    If I start TwelveSky2.exe it gives me a window that says "[Error::pARAMETER2]"
    If I start Launcher.exe, it does nothing.
    I've gone through the install guide, re-installed the game on both steam and the playredfox version.
    I'm on windows 10, I've found other users having the same problem on the steam forums, saying that after downloading .net framework 4.0, it finally worked, but when I try downloading it, it tells me I either already have it, or an ulterior version installed or that it's included in my OS.
    Here's the steam forum : https://steamcommunity.com/app/539650/discussions/0/135508031948062201/

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. [GM]Ryu

[GM]Ryu RedFox Games Staff Member

Thank you for the information. We also found that Windows security update seems to have a lot of false positive read on .exe files. Please check the Windows Security/Defender if it blocked or deleted a file from the Twelve Sky 2 folder and restore it. (Windows Security>Virus & Threat Protection> Protection History). You may have to reinstall the game client again if the Windows Security deleted or quarantined a file from the Twelve Sky 2 folder. Also make sure to add the Steam Library Folder..../Twelve Sky 2/ Launcher.exe to your Exclusions/Allowed Threats list.

3. Parpaing

Parpaing New Member

I've just checked my protection history, and that's right after re-installing the game once more. Nothing inside it.
    I've tried verifying the integrity of the game files on steam, but nothing's missing.
    I added steam's 12sky2 to my security exclusions, nothing's changed.

4. lordzeto

lordzeto New Member

im having the same issue

5. TheRealKronix

TheRealKronix Member

using Norton and have windows defender is naturally turned through Norton uninstalled the whole game re-installed after configuring Norton to allow the files in the exempt list fo the anti virus and the same issues persist.