Icy Epithet Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sjobeckion, Dec 25, 2019.

1. sjobeckion

sjobeckion Member

Which of the two icy epithets is better for PvE? And does anyone (or GM) know if the cap for Attack Speed and Recast/Cooldown will ever be raised? Please don't tell me the epi is hard to farm etc, because that's not what I asking. Simply need to know which is better for PvE. Thank you all in advance.

Icy Epi.jpg

Swim likes this.
  2. SlowSkipper86

SlowSkipper86 Active Member

Im not an expert but I think most of ppl would chose the one that's compatible with their class. For example Cooldown/Recast is mostly for CK as they can recast faster their nukes. As for attack speed I think for nukers is useless and on warriors is more effective. It really depends on what class you are.

sjobeckion and Swim like this.
  3. Junky91

Junky91 Active Member

nah. atk speed/cooldown is easy to get from other relics and decos. because you can't surpass the cap there is no point in getting the one that fits your class. Just get the one with most crit damage

sjobeckion likes this.
  4. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I know this isn't what you asked, but tbh icy epi is over rated and not worth the farming time, or the price to buy it. The difference between that & KL attack speed epi is icy epi gives me 20k more dmg per hit to corrupted in KL & 5k extra dmg to llgc mobs lol (since my AS is capped anyway it makes no difference to my dps.)
    If you have KL AS or CD epi then I wouldn't worry about icy epi until an easier or cheaper way to get it comes around

sjobeckion and Athuyar like this.
  5. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

I opted for the hope one for the extra Crit dmg however the 275 percent weapon dmg on love one is nice especially with new weapons. So PvE wise u have to opt either 10 percent more Crit dmg or 15 percent weapon dmg. Crit dmg is a weird stat like u won't see any difference between let s say 1571 and 1581 but you will see a difference between 1571 and 1601. Not sure yet how is working need to test more. Personally I would have made faith instead of hope epi only if I would not have the loulan one. But at least with new weapons both of them are great for boosting your dmg. I mean with icy epi I hit all cap on KL bosses without it I don't. Hope this helps sorry I can't give more clear reasoning.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    sjobeckion and Athuyar like this.
  6. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

There is no need to be nervous. Try searching a bit for it first: Resource --> NSIP --- > North Sea Master Dressmaker (scroll down the list) and Create ---> NSIP ---> Merchand of NSIP. You will see, what you need to make this epi.

Also like [GM]Support said to me:"We suggest doing red runs if you would like to obtain resources to create the epithet or have the change for the epithet dropping from the boss. "

Hint:
    You need to do full run to get all items, but sometimes Queen does not drop, so it goes to waste. Also making items for epi is random, imo 10% tries is successful.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Method likes this.
  7. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Prepare yourself to do 1 year of farming and spending thousands of MCG x10 for this epi... Imho not worth it. Better stay with your KL Epi and wait for a easier way to be implemented. Btw. people in YIN are selling it for 80k cc -> lol basically it has like 20%-30% more crit rate and maybe 40% more crit damage than KL epi (which if you already have over 1k of both like me, plays little to no difference).