Torn between two Options. Help Me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gannicuz, May 12, 2019.

?

Torn Between two Options

Poll closed May 26, 2019.
  1. 1st Option : Healer

46.2%
  2. 2st Option : Hybrid

46.2%
  3. 3rd Option : Nuker

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gannicuz

Gannicuz Member

Torn Between two Options,

1st Option : Healer
    2st Option : Hybrid

I'm so torn between this two options, so healer are so good now with buffs , stun effects in active. yet I still don't know which one would be better to farm/ pvp with. Also I do have a warrior but I don't see much advantage with it. so im looking for your opinion for end game. which one would be more effective for farming and pvp ? thanks in advance for your advise.

2. Gannicuz

Gannicuz Member

yeah I'm way under geared and not willing to pay a bunch of real dough to get in the top 5%. however I will be able to farm for things I need or trade ect…. would like to be able to solo as many things as possible. dungeons , bosses n if possible pvp for self defense and for fun.

3. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Personally, I would go with a hybrid because I play one as my main. They have good AoE that is useful for farming CCD for SRS passes and FS/GT for crafting, and CoF & VoH dungeons for beads. These can be useful for building up funds to gear yourself up by selling them to players or using the ornaments for yourself.

That being said, a healer is still essential for farming bosses in KL when you hit end game levels with their dodge buff. While they may be lacking in crowd control skills for faster killing of hordes of mobs in dungeons, they are still very much OP in PvP situations with their stun actives and attack speed & cooldown buffs.

Gannicuz likes this.
  4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

for aoe.. healers have the most aoe ingame

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Gannicuz likes this.
  5. BirdbrainX

To be honest, I have not really delved into a healer much, but I do they have damage traps.

Can you share how useful they are when trying to clear hordes of mobs? I only know the usefulness of ranged AoE nukes.

Gannicuz likes this.
  6. DuXuck

DuXuck New Member

How nuker can win healer?

Gannicuz likes this.
  7. rielxph

rielxph Member

Hybrid

Gannicuz likes this.
  8. Gannicuz

Gannicuz Member

Is there a strategy or reason why hybrids and what kinda build would be more effective??

9. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

I did not vote since you left Nuker out of your vote...

I am a strictly PvE healer, with okay gear & with most skills maxed (only 3 traps remain), and am amazed at the kill-rate of nukers. It's obvious to me that CK damage is still beastly.
    AoE farming has always (based on experience since Asura) been most efficient, and seems even more so in this version/system.
    CK hybs and nukers are best for Potala mob, however I am able to attack/tank bosses directly without needing to draw bosses off to the side like many CK users (similarly equipped) need to.
    Healer's (phys & ck) damage leaches are ineffective on KL furious and corrupt mobs... and offensive-damage traps are a waste of time for farming as the damage is so minuscule, and by the time they are laid I have done more damage by continuing with any of my 4 melee active skill (excludes the basic which have no additional effects). Of course this may change with KL.ex and other high-end relics etc..

Healers are best from a selfish point-of-view, as I have been solo'ing all dungeons much much sooner than both nukers and hybs---constantly being asked to help nukers and hybs which are 6+ levels higher than me---- which allows me to earn more gold ... to buy shiny ...

I can not provide any useful info on PvP...

Gannicuz likes this.
  10. Gannicuz

Gannicuz Member

Thanks for your opinion. really helps me look at every point of view on the different options on the classes. Ive added nukers to the poll!

11. wispiur

wispiur New Member

overall im getting the feeling ether healer or hybrid would probably be best to farm pot n even KL bosses sense im trying to focus more in end game. I'm thinking hybrid might be a more overall char sense i can change to ck for pot or anything that needs more ck and i can do melle more effectively than a nuker. yet i can still farm bosses in KL and still pvp. any opinions ?

Gannicuz likes this.
  12. BirdbrainX

A healer has more utility in the sense that it can help out with epi runs with buffs and party bonus. Its a beast in 1v1 Vs mobs in most cases with all the available buffs it has, but its also pretty time consuming to max the buffs and traps for end game.

A hybrid in a sense is pretty versatile. It works as a backup healer when needed, added DMG dealer in melee, CK canon vs mobs/bosses that are weak vs CK, and an excellent farmer with a decent amount of AoE skills. Buff-wise, it pretty "selfish" since they are all self-buffs, but that goes with the territory of being a jack of all trades character.

The choice comes down to which you think is more to your liking.

Gannicuz likes this.
  13. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

I would go with nuker for AoE! Have a main first, then play nuker. Nuker can solo all dungeons and is awsome in pvp/pve

Melees kind of sucks in AoE..pve

14. Gannicuz

Gannicuz Member

This choice is so hard.
    we are half hybrid and half healer on the poll.
    I wonder who will win.

15. BirdbrainX

Are you really waiting for a poll to tell you which role to pick? Are you not able to make a deliberation based on the rationale that players have given you in the posts about the pros and cons of each role?

16. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Why brainstorm what role to choose when you can just skip that and go vaga, saves you from the stress and on top of that, no skill training, it's a win-win.