A Question For Those That Play Both PvP and PvE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acidhedz, Mar 18, 2016.

?

What Would it Take To Get You to Open-PvP On a Regular Basis?

1. +20% Xp and Drop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. +50% XP and Drop

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. +100% XP and Drop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. +150% Xp and Drop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. +200% Xp and Drop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. +300% Xp and Drop

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Nothing, I would rather grind when I want to grind, and pvp when I want to pvp.

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Zaratron and I have had an ongoing debate.

Quick version: If you normally play pvp only when you feel like it, BP, duels, etc... Rather than open-pvp.
    Zaratron thinks a bonus will get you to play open-pvp on a regular basis, while grinding/farming/party, etc.
    I think he's wrong.
    So... What bonus would be enough to tempt you to play open-pvp regularly?

More complete version:
    We both agree that a switch to toggle PvP on and off is the best solution for a one server game like this. However, we differ on one key point.

Since it is obvious that with a way to turn open-pvp off, most people will... He thinks bonuses should be offered to entice players into doing it.
    He suggests a 20% increase to both xp and drop rates for those playing open-pvp.
    Meaning you trade off being attacked at any time, by any one, for the bonus.

I say this will just be feeding bonuses to the open-pvp players, for no reason, since they want open-pvp anyway.
    Being of the mind that things should be equal, and if open-pvp can't survive on its own merits, then it isn't worthy of survival in the first place.
    Also, that since the only rewards that could be given in this game are PvE rewards, no reasonable bonus would be good enough to get people to put up with open-pvp. What is the point of a bonus to xp and drop if you keep getting PKed?

In order for his scheme to work, and not just be giving the open-pvp players special treatment for playing the way they want in the first place... a significant portion of the game population would need to be enticed over to doing open-pvp on a regular basis.

I would like to see which of us is closer to the truth. So the question is, what would take to get you to play open-pvp on a regular basis?
    Please vote in the poll and be honest. This is a purely hypothetical question, so just picking the highest bonus because you would WANT IT, gives us no data.

This isn't about what you would like, it's about what it would take to at least tempt you.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Frazle

Frazle Member

Well, my answer is 0% bonus (clearly not an option).
    But 300% would be nice in general...

3. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

That's not the point. The point is, if you normally only do PvP when you feel like it, rather than all the time...
    What would it take to get you to do open-pvp on a regular basis?

Which bonus would be enough to tempt you?

4. Frazle

Frazle Member

As I said, 0% is enough to "tempt" me.

5. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Then this question has nothing to do with you, since you wouldn't be turning pvp off anyway.