Open Applications for Community & Forum Moderators

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maomi, Dec 10, 2018.

?

Do you think we should have Community Moderators?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Hello friends, I started this thread to get your thoughts on RedFox starting applications for community mods in-game as well as on the forums! I think this is a spectacular idea as it will show returning/new players that the community has a connection with the GMs/Devs/etc. of the game! The people in these positions will be the 'Community Council' for the game and give us feedback on different aspects of the game from a regular players perspective. Not only that but the position is volunteered, so you wouldn't get paid (maybe if they're generous boxes, Community Mod titles, emotes, [CM] exos/clothing/etc.)

So, what do you guys think?

And since I came up with the idea, I should get an application first.

Draygashi likes this.
  2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

@[GM]Toast has been pushing for the return of the volunteer player moderator positions, but has been shut down every time he's brought it up.

3. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member

Support but sadly I'm not sure if there is still a community to moderate anymore . Besides everyone on forums are toxic and if they're punished they will just make a new account and be more toxic.

RumbleNomad, HumoLoco and Draygashi like this.
  4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Hell naw . I've knew some people who became CA/RM and they started to be cocky. ** that . We should never ever again have that kind of sht . All CAs were bragging about how cool they are cuz ya know they got [CA] in their name -_- Never liked that sht tbh . Plus once I got banned for a week cuz some CA got beaten up by me ,and we started arguing. He took ss of me calling him names (he called me too ) and boom next day I was banned for a week (from what ik I should get mute mask ,but ofc CAs Power -_-)

HumoLoco likes this.
  5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nah I dont wanna the damned bad history.

Look at how has OGPlanet has done to me. No fairly, favoritism, protect their favoritism and rich a$$ player from being banned knowing that they have done a lot things of deadly sinfully. Oh and abused power too. OGPlanet continuously ban me everytime i created account with $2k on it for no reason. Some player framed me and claimed that i hacking damn motherfuka without evidence and yet i get banned. Worth of nearly $40k and got fully refunded. that's why i destroyed OGPlanet so hard.

remember that i throw da carats event? I am being nice to everyone, all player cannot afford carats that much. Giving away all carats i earned. And got banned because I hacking? Nugget, everyone knew it. When i saw player looking for metatron da 70k carats even brought with CA. the guild was DarknessGang nor Raven. The trade was successfully. CA witness it and ban me. I dont remember their name. because they are not important like GM Over9000.

6. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

We dont need anyone to police these dead forums but it would be good to have more people to help with events.

BeeBee, Maomi and HumoLoco like this.
  7. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Perhaps they could make Event Holder roles in which they sponser a streamer by giving them RC or Carat to hold events.

8. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Community moderators or event helpers have been discussed and repeatedly denied. In the past, the community has given us no reason to trust anyone. For the longest time, every other ticket was a fraud ticket that ended up being a photoshopped cropped chat log or a fake account recovery request (after an account sale). The community lately has been improving a lot, so I do plan on discussing this topic again.

9. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Yep well def do a IP screen to make sure no one thats done that has a chance. Also toast fully breakable moon with a ton of the 'mechanic institute' stage platforms that break on it, it will be popular. Also 6 round rooms option and round time option. And a new moving screen would be cool. Could even reuse a bm stage and just add obstacles...
    Streamer is pointless unless they have a big base already. They should consider paying a big streamer a few thousand to show off the game, that would help.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  10. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Double post

HumoLoco likes this.
  11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

The event helpers would be helpful for lacking the staff you got. but beware of us we can do fraud because some of us got skilled with edits to make it a fake event. To solve problems, hire a random people with no knowledge of Rumble Fighter community, we can welcome em in, but don't put them as a GM, just put them "The Helpers" or else better title for them for your extra hand.

We don't want another community moderators, because we dont need a damn attention whore anymore.

But @Draygashi and @Starberry will be fine without the community moderator. Look at how both of them has done help some noobwies.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Draygashi and BeeBee like this.
  12. lll111123

lll111123 Well-Known Member

Dumb idea, there isn’t even 50 players left playing the game what’s there to moderate?

HumoLoco and BANGERR like this.
  13. lll111123

lll111123 Well-Known Member

That’s because no one plays the game anymore it was mostly GW players that were super toxic since they took LP very seriously. Now that no one plays, the GW channel is dead along with the free channel, there’s no reason to be toxic when there’s not even 10 rooms that’s full

HumoLoco likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I missed old gw af i love all those super toxic and hackers af. Right now ddos everywhere that's f**king bored me.

15. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

I think Community Mod's would be helpful in-game. Increasing staff numbers would help with events like Fisticuffs(although I believe it should be revamped all together) and the increased number would open the window to new events that couldn't even be thought of before. Their presence in-game would help cover more ground on monitoring player activity. Alot of people still ddos, avoid bans with alts and loadout hack, nobody reports, nothing gets done. Being present when stuff like this happens would cut out the middle man and go straight to the GM desk. Even if your not in the room, reading mega's and stuff would give your CA tips what/whom to look for and report back to GM suspicious activity.

16. Kuriboh

Kuriboh New Member

Also if y'all bring it back there should be a new way to pick CA's to avoid favoritism and corruption. Those most qualified and enthusiastic about Rumble Fighter should be in position.

Actimo likes this.
  17. BeeBee

BeeBee BeeBee

Are you being shut down by higher ups or by community response? Both are poor frames of reference for actual necessity.

I'm just going to outright say that the average forum user and player's opinion on favoritism and corruption is skewed by selfishness and pride that they were not given a title that does nothing but paint a target on your back while you try to legitimately improve the situation for the entire game. I can't speak to the first host but I know for a fact that I've only seen two people abuse the privilege.
    Furthermore, what in the hell makes people think that the volunteers the game has already had weren't qualified and beyond enthusiastic?

There is a lot to be discussed on this topic; more than is really helpful. To put it simply, most of the opinions you will receive on this issue can be discarded. Every single person who has complained about player moderators in any facet would change their tune the moment they are offered the opportunity and even then they would do terrible jobs compared to the moderators that have already existed.
    Ignore the community response on this issue and worry about what the RF Team needs to function efficiently. If you need to do it quietly without official titles go ahead, but complaints will still happen because of the character of our community.

Besides, lets be honest: Everything I ever did as an [RM] (throwdowns, gifting, other events, reports and talking through decisions with [GM]s) can be done as a normal player except having a response within 12 hours, though with Discord existing that seems moot. The one thing I agree with @HumoLoco is that @Starberry and @Draygashi are extremely helpful and informative despite having no publicly visible connection to staff.
    That's what needs to happen. More interest in the game itself instead of wanting a useless title that attracts ridiculous comments while you actually do things everyone else is too lazy to do.

18. IcarusFell

IcarusFell Member

As rightful heir to the throne.

I see it as my duty to stand up in this time of dire need. That is why I graciously will take upon the role as a community moderator. I've shown time and time again that I am nothing but worthy of such responsibility. It would not only benefit the enjoyment of gameplay but the community as a whole. [CA] IcarusFell has a nice ring to it, I grow fonder of the idea as every minute passes. I'll see to it that the GMs will have it done. After all, there is a cancer in this game that must be ridded of.

Best Regards,

IcarusFell of Pantheon

19. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

you have 3 messages and 4 likes, who are u faktz?

HumoLoco likes this.
  20. IcarusFell

IcarusFell Member

Icarus of Pantheon

I shouldn't repeat myself dear boy.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.