KL keeps crashing on my laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamosh, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Kamosh

Kamosh New Member

Hi guys. I return to the game not long ago and reached the end game, but can’t seem to be able to grind in KL. Any time I try to enter the map, my game instantly crashes with some error.

I tried lowering graphics, resolution, and even making sure that laptop is running on the main graphics card and not the internal. Nothing seems to work. I’m recently sad as I’m missing out on the end game content. Does any have found a fix for it?

Oh and I’m running windows 10 on my laptop.

2. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

You need to be specific with what error occurs.

3. Kamosh

Kamosh New Member

Sorry, was tilted with the crashes. The errors says this:

Result:-2147024882

That’s the error that I keep getting. I tried reinstalling game and that didn’t work either.

4. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Everyone gets this error, its a common problem with the engine currently. You should be able to play for a period of time before it happens though.

The value -2147024882 converts to 0x8007000E in Hexadecimal. Checking MSDN for the common HRESULT values shows that the issue is related to running out of memory. With some google-fu you can see that one cause is related to loading textures one by one, instead of all at once and splitting them up later. Another possible cause is because the game is a 32-bit application, and doesn't have the LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE linker option enabled during compile to support using more than 2gb of memory use at once. We can only wait for the developers to fix it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    sidealea likes this.
  5. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Who doesn't have problems with KL these days. But the crashes happen all over the place not only KL as of late. But KL has it rougher.